2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

• Replies 24.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

This is no one's fault but Biden and the Democratic Party.

THIS IS BAD

I'm sorry but any white men who are still undecided are just trumpies in hiding. They're just self aware enough to not want to be associated with that disaster but deep down they want to take every minority's rights

• Like 1

They're finally talking seriously about Biden stepping down on CNN. We need to SERIOUSLY pressure Biden to step down and some of y'all need to stop constantly defending him (you look delusional and embarrassing). Biden is NOT FIT FOR ANOTHER 4-YEAR TERM, point blank. He can not and will not beat Trump in November. These idiots should have realized that a year ago, but it's still not too late

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Wonderland said:

Assumption? I'm the only one dealing with the evidence in front of us right now :toofunny3:

I'm by no means defending keeping Joe on the ticket BUT it'd be prudent to at least look before you leap; and hypothetical polling does help to inform that decision. How else are you going to assess that someone is a strong replacement?

His approval is a record low. To suggest that's the best we can do is delusional thinking. Hypothetical polling is always weak and isn't a sound metric because political skill and also having a name immediately shifts political attitudes and how people respond to candidates. Hypothetical candidates are not real so polling on how hypothetical candidates perform are not reliable. You need to be able to allow people to run to have an actual sense of how people feel.

Until then, it's hypothetical, not measurable.

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Espresso said:

The View panel's attempted patch-up job for this will be so abysmal :deadbanana:

I hope Alyssa goes HAM :rip: 

I just know Whoopi and Joy are going to be struggling to find words.

• Haha 1

Just now, Blue Jeans said:

Another example of people looking at the superficial rather than what was actually said. Because whatever Trump said… was trash. Extreme all or nothing view with a ton of emotional bias

Welcome to American politics.

People vote on gut reaction and emotion. Things are surface-level with little follow-up.

Let's not act new here.

• Like 2

United States/Life expectancy

76.33 years (2021)

lord i've seen what you've done for others

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

Another example of people looking at the superficial rather than what was actually said. Because whatever Trump said… was trash. Extreme all or nothing view with a ton of emotional bias

ATRL actually talking about the substance of a debate? Do you know where you are? 

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

Nothing said in this debate was deep, thought-provoking, or intelligent. Everything was surface level. So, yes, the commentary will also be surface level.

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Espresso said:

Sunny's friends with Van :deadbanana:

I think Sunny will be more reasonable cause she's one of the ones more willing to criticize Biden.

Them View ladies are all gonna be wearing black in mourning tomorrow. The one ray of hope I have is that tonight was such a mega-L for Biden that the establishment liberals have no choice but to accept and admit it

1 minute ago, Bloo said:

Nothing said in this debate was deep, thought-provoking, or intelligent. Everything was surface level. So, yes, the commentary will also be surface level.

That is an absolute lie. Biden rightfully called out Trump on his tax cuts for the rich and his plans to gut social security. also how he tried to remove the ACA twice. He said a lot more too. :ace:

• Like 1

Look I can admit the truth: Tonight was a disaster for Biden and the democrats but you know what would be a TOTAL DISASTER for the entire USA and the world? Trump being elected to a second term as POTUS. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Espresso said:

The View panel's attempted patch-up job for this will be so abysmal :deadbanana:

I hope Alyssa goes HAM :rip: 

She's on the CNN panel in Atlanta right now and she's not happy. I guess she's going to fly back to NYC late tonight. She's the hardest working woman in politics, I swear :deadbanana:

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Onyxmage said:

That is an absolute lie. Biden rightfully called out Trump on his tax cuts for the rich and his plans to gut social security. also how he tried to remove the ACA twice. He said a lot more too. :ace:

Biden saying Trump's tax cuts were bad is not thought-provoking and no one will remember it. He's not wrong. But, you cannot honestly think it was a moment of deep, rigorous political rhetoric.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Luckitty said:

I hope biden gets assassinated for participating in a genocide 

Some of y'all are going to be put on government watch lists :deadbanana2:

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Luckitty said:

I hope biden gets assassinated for participating in a genocide 

Girl, don't do/say this publicly online 💀

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.