2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

• Replies 24.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, TrymeB said:

All that whining but y'all all better go and vote for Biden in November because Trump is evil. I'll take on old fool over a devious devil anyday. 

Voting for non genocidal Jewish icon Jill Stein but thank you for worrying. :heart:

Biden getting the "how do you address concerns that you're old" question after spending 80 minutes visibly sundowning is kinda funny dfkjghdkjf

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

The way the climate crisis was hardly addressed and we are all going to die from it in the next couple decades at the latest

Lovely

Name a single credible source that says this :priceless:

Just now, bunnyeyes said:

The time it takes for adderall to kick in is 30 mins according to webmd :rip:

Well who tf decided he should take it at the start of the debate and not 30 mins prior??

Are there even professionals?

Like this was his one chance to come out swinging and do something and he completely blew it with that lackluster, embarassing performance at the beginning. :hoetenks:

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, hausofdave said:

if you don't live in the US, please turn the debate off. This is our private family humiliation, and we'd all prefer you not stare.

We love stealing tweets. At least cite your sources. :eli: 

• Haha 11

1 minute ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

Voting for non genocidal Jewish icon Jill Stein but thank you for worrying. :heart:

That's a vote for Trump just like a vote for Stein in 2016 got us Trump as POTUS. Stein and RFK Jr will never win an election just play spoilers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, TrymeB said:

All that whining but y'all all better go and vote for Biden in November because Trump is evil. I'll take on old fool over a devious devil anyday. 

Even if you don't like Biden, people need to still vote in the interest of protecting LGBTQ+ and women's rights. :coffee2:

1 minute ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

Biden deflecting on THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION

This :deadbanana2: trump deflecting the whole time just for Biden to deflect at the most important question… it turning into a childish fight of who has the biggest d. Biden should have told trump to stop being childish first :monkey:

4 minutes ago, Scheissex said:

Name a single credible source that says this :priceless:

Just speculation. With tensions already high and resources becoming more scarce, the ensuing resource wars will kill millions if not billions, and at that point I just have to hope we don't get to nuclear war. That would be the scenario in which we die sooner rather than later, assuming other boiling tensions don't kill us first (Taiwan, Ukraine/Israel escalation, etc)

But even if my extremely negative outlook isn't true, mass migration, famine, droughts and extreme weather are going to kill more and more until we no longer have any semblance of what our civilization looks like right now. And these will come within the next decades too, they're already here, but we'll just die more slowly rather than in the flashbang of war.

I probably sound crazy and I hope that I am, but unfortunately it doesn't seem that way.

Edited by Relampago.

Biden totally lost the first part of this debate but did better the second half. 

Trump still gets the advantage 

2 minutes ago, Bloo said:

We love stealing tweets. At least cite your sources. :eli: 

thank you, i'm glad someone pointed it out :eli: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.