2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

26 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Literally All the statistics point to what should be a great election environment for Biden. It's just that he's old ย and it's become the cool thing to hate and make fun of the guy. (Thanks to social media and right wing news) if it wasn't for that he would be way ahead. But people just don't like boring. And that's what Biden is. Old ย and boring
ย 

if Trump wins, a lot of people who bought in on the "he's too old" ramble are gonna feel stupid once Trump starts his revenge tour. ๐Ÿ’€

ย 

then the old boring guy is gonna look a lot better in the rear view mirror.ย 

For me I'm a middle class Midwestern individual and all my costs have now flatlined or in occasional cases lowered. My investments have soared. I applied to another position and was able to negotiate a much higher salary for basically almost the same job due to the power in the worker market rn. It has helped me make significant progress on my student loans and will help me pay them off faster. We landed much better than most of the world on these issues. I'm happy ๐Ÿคท I'd rather maintain that and keep improving rather than have Trump come in again and do all he wants that is well known. Things aren't perfect but life is way better now than under Trumpย 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 24.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, GhostBox said:

Literally All the statistics point to what should be a great election environment for Biden. It's just that he's old ย and it's become the cool thing to hate and make fun of the guy. (Thanks to social media and right wing news) if it wasn't for that he would be way ahead. But people just don't like boring. And that's what Biden is. Old ย and boring
ย 

if Trump wins, a lot of people who bought in on the "he's too old" ramble are gonna feel stupid once Trump starts his revenge tour. ๐Ÿ’€

ย 

Theres also the fact that he's an evil ******* piece of **** and a genocidal maniac. Cant forget about that one.

1 hour ago, Espresso said:

ย 

Is this model based more on just the polling unlike 538s?ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

ย 

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

ย 

Umichvoter is a Biden supporter but you can tell how nervious he is right now about the election. We both live in NJ and while I dont expect it to be competetive, I might volunteer anyway and maybe we'll cross paths. He's in medical school and gay so uhm...good boyfriend materialย :gaycat3:

Edited by Tovitov
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, GhostBox said:

ย 

ย 

The man has funded the mass killing of the equivalent of people who died when an atomic bomb was dropped on Nagasaki.ย 
ย 

I don't think a young man doing that would be any better - in fact it's worse - seeing as Biden comes across as too old and is seen as a figurehead for the Democratic establishment.ย 
ย 

Either way an old crazy man with onset dementia, videos of feeling up and sniffing kids, that's commits and funds genocide is anything BUT boring. In fact if he was the boring old Joe he promised in 2020 with slightly progressive leaning agenda - he'd be winning in November in a landslide. But he's a senile geriatric Republican lite genocidal maniac.ย 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

How can anyone still be holding onto nostalgia for a man who completely failed to hold on to a governing majority for six whole years and almost killed the Democrats' future as a political party with his support of Clinton as his successor? :skull:

ย 

ย 

Edited by ClashAndBurn
  • Like 1

ย 

:clack:

ย 

ย 

2 hours ago, ZeroSuitBritney said:

:clack:

ย 

ย 

What's trumps?ย 

The propaganda against third party candidates is just insane. They'd want Jill Stein arrested for improper grammar or jaywalking.ย 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

So they can sign a letter but wouldn't vote to make sure it stays legal? ๐Ÿ’€. They are definitely coming after it if they can under Trumpย 

ย 

๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€

ย 

ย 

To be fair a Clinton endorsement is like a 5D chess kiss of death, doesn't make her any less of a piece of **** for it though

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.