2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan

I guess it should be noted for full transparency that my actual midterm prediction was that Dems lose both House and Senate. Not based on polls or anything mathematical (I didn't have time to invest in all that this cycle), but largely due to long standing midterm patterns working against the President's party being in power.

Biden and Democrats' policy and political agenda has been top tier starting from the American Rescue Plan all the way through to the Inflation Reduction Act. Many of the people in here obviously thought otherwise. I have the battle wounds to prove it. :gaycat6:

That said, I didn't believe that would be enough to overcome inflation. And it probably would NOT have been enough if gas prices didn't also precipitously fall starting in July. But turns out with gas prices under control, abortion rights and Trump (partly thanks to Pelosi's investigations) took precedent and tanked Republican Party. Biden being a low key President likely also played a huge role in not turning it into a referendum on himself. 

Needless to say, I'm happy that Biden and Pelosi's Democratic Party delivered historic success. :fish1:

• Replies 50.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Kassi said:

I didn't insist Fetterman was going to lose, nor did I champion Demings, Ryan, or any Senate candidate

njjkkjjnj YOU LITERALLY DONATED TO TIM RYAN AND POSTED ABOUT IT!:ahh:

So "Chinese people are bad" was such a winning message to you that you took out your debit card and gave YOUR DOLLARS to someone who was down by nearly 10-points in polls (and who underperformed compared to most other Dems on election night) but the mass economic appeal of cancelling student debt somehow flew under your radar? :skull:

I'm sorry but no one talks you seriously after posting dishonest **** like this:

On 8/16/2022 at 2:58 PM, Kassi said:

It’s actually not a winning political position to cancel student loans 

Take the L and be quiet :deadbanana4:

Edited by Communion

That pig avi user being dead wrong about everything relating to this midterm :toofunny2: Fetterman served

1 hour ago, Thuggin said:

The way Elon is running Twitter into the ground just to impress a bunch of weirdo sycophant right wing trolls :rip:

I left twitter the day he took over but I went back to see how it was during the midterms. Its literally a dumpster fire with parody accounts, trolls and people saying anything they wanted and impersonating actual officials. I instantly reactivated my account just to see the place burn. :ahh:

24 minutes ago, Kylizzle said:

That pig avi user being dead wrong about everything relating to this midterm :toofunny2: Fetterman served

Saw a tweet that said Dems' strongest issues are wages, weed and wombs, and it's kinda true as exemplified by a populist strongman who's staunchly pro-abortion and legal weed winning in PA despite a literal stroke. :deadbanana4:

The best thing Biden can do now is announce that the student debt pause will be extended beyond 12/31 and that future payments simply won't turn on for as long as Republican activist judges try and ignore legal principles to halt it, which would immensely help Warnock on his run-off. 

As well as follow-up with the DEA Administrator on the process of rescheduling weed. Weed won across the country and even in deep-red places like South Dakota was only down by 4-5 points (that such states were even having referendums on weed legalization in the first place?? :deadbanana4:)

Edited by Communion

38 minutes ago, Kassi said:

I guess it should be noted for full transparency that my actual midterm prediction was that Dems lose both House and Senate. Not based on polls or anything mathematical (I didn't have time to invest in all that this cycle), but largely due to long standing midterm patterns working against the President's party being in power.

Biden and Democrats' policy and political agenda has been top tier starting from the American Rescue Plan all the way through to the Inflation Reduction Act. Many of the people in here obviously thought otherwise. I have the battle wounds to prove it. :gaycat6:

That said, I didn't believe that would be enough to overcome inflation. And it probably would NOT have been enough if gas prices didn't also precipitously fall starting in July. But turns out with gas prices under control, abortion rights and Trump (partly thanks to Pelosi's investigations) took precedent and tanked Republican Party. Biden being a low key President likely also played a huge role in not turning it into a referendum on himself. 

Needless to say, I'm happy that Biden and Pelosi's Democratic Party delivered historic success. :fish1:

I agree with pretty much everything you said here. :clap3: I think the house is a long shot but the fact that its even a possibility is :clap3:

1 minute ago, Communion said:

Saw a tweet that said Dems' strongest issues are wages, weed and wombs, and it's kinda true as exemplified by a populist strongman who's staunchly pro-abortion and legal weed winning in PA despite a literal stroke. :deadbanana4:

The best thing Biden can do now is announce that the student debt pause will be extended beyond 12/31 and that future payments simply won't turn on for as long as Republican activist judges try and ignore legal principles to halt it, which would immensely help Warnock on his run-off. 

As well as follow-up with the DEA Administrator on the process of rescheduling weed. Weed won across the country and even in deep-red places like the Dakota's was only down by 4-5 points (that such states were even having referendums on weed legalization in the first place?? :deadbanana4:)

And the Dems who bravely criticized Biden's legendary debt forgiveness program either lost or had unnecessarily close races :toofunny2:

50 minutes ago, Communion said:

njjkkjjnj YOU LITERALLY DONATED TO TIM RYAN AND POSTED ABOUT IT!:ahh:

So "Chinese people are bad" was such a winning message to you that you took out your debit card and gave YOUR DOLLARS to someone who was down by nearly 10-points in polls (and who underperformed compared to most other Dems on election night) but the mass economic appeal of cancelling student debt somehow flew under your radar? :skull:

I'm sorry but no one talks you seriously after posting dishonest **** like this:

Take the L and be quiet :deadbanana4:

Not sure why you have to make things up. I have never posted about making political donations here, on twitter, or anywhere on the interwebs.

Anyway,

1 hour ago, Kassi said:

Student debt forgiveness was capped off at $10k like I suggested. Good. But it's true that I didn't anticipate the positive news cycle that it generated for Dems if deployed before the election. The corporate media has a tendency to spin wins as losses for Democrats. This is pretty much the only thing you have a point on.

Here. Have it again. Stroke that ego, mama. Live it up. :cm: I underestimated the political upside and overestimated the political downside of student debt forgiveness.

In the end, all that matters is that Biden and Pelosi led their party to unmitigated success. And that you were wrong about their approach. :gaycat4:

On 11/7/2022 at 4:55 PM, slik said:

Roevember is almost here

I predict Dems retain house/senate and Biden announces he won't seek re-election (I think he's been putting that until after midterms bc of how it could be spun before then)

This guy has been right about everything in midterms...

The funny thing about student debt forgiveness is that everyone left of center pretty much agreed it should be done. The outstanding matter at hand was always about timing. And Biden TOTALLY nailed it.

Leftists: "We want it done in 2021!"

Mainstream Dems: "We want it done in 2023!"

Biden: "What about I do it right before the midterms for maximum impact?"

spacer.png

If you doubted this man's political instincts after he beat out 500 primary opponents all considered more talented that him and then took down the entire GOP, I'd be very embarrassed right now. :jonnycat:

On 11/7/2022 at 5:37 PM, slik said:

People have to stop paying attention to polls. Did no one learn that lesson during Trump/Hillary...

As Joy Reid pointed out, most of the polls being cited are now owned by conservative big money...

Early voting + Youth Turnout has already been extremely high, both of which traditionally favor Dems.

Entering my psychic era

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

Surprised this didn’t win!

Centrists: "Progressives are losers who can't win in swing states cause they alienate the base!"

Also centrists: *try to appeal to working class white voters in the most parody-like ways, alienating the base*

Fetterman running on "my opponent is an inauthentic loser" while Ryan ran on "my opponent wants the Chinese to steal your jobs and allow your kids to learn their language in schools cause he hates America!!". :deadbanana4:

Genuinely anyone who gave this idiot their hard-eared money should be laughed at.

Edited by Communion

Would be very wise to start focusing more on issues important to the largest block like more student debt relief and affordable healthcare and living wages

Edited by slik

Also need the left to not get too cozy yet, Repubs will find some new 'culture war' to gear up for 2024, need to be on the lookout for it and look for whomever the GOP nominee is for POTUS to try and capitalize on it.

Republicans love non-stop culture wars...speaking of, almost time to hear about the annual 'War on Christmas' that Fox News never shuts up about.

On 10/8/2022 at 7:24 PM, Kassi said:

Will be v interesting if the Bernie candidate loses PA after all the sh*t we got about him being the last and only hope. 

I always knew he was a lil too ugly to make it. :chick2:

Still hoping I’m wrong cause control of the Senate is more important to me than tanking what’s left of Bernie’s legacy.

In case @Communion's strategic edit of my post confused anyone to how I feel/felt about Fetterman. 

Literally could not have cared less about his primary. Fetterman was only considered the left candidate because he endorsed Bernie. That's literally the whole reason. His policies are indistinguishable from Chuck Schumer's. His only utility to me was to be a vote in Dem's corner.

Fetterman's victory reinforces to me that we need more candidates like him for the progressive movement. And by that, I mean we need more white or Latino men with working class sensibilities and a straight talking, populist style. It's a harsh reality, but the barriers facing women and candidates of color in places like the midwest are still very significant. No one other than guys like Fetterman is ever going to pull those kinds of numbers with white working class men, for example.

And male Latino voters without college degrees is a demographic we need to focus on too, because they are who are defecting to Republicans the fastest right now. Not only do we need progressive politics, we also need candidates they can culturally identify with, and I'm not seeing much of that in the party right now.

7 minutes ago, Kassi said:

strategic edit of my post

Hiding that you are still 6 years later incoherently screaming about Bernie Sanders was to hide you from further embarrassment. That you would then double-down and re-highlight that you wanted Fetterman to fail to "stick it to Bernie" and believed he was likely to not win due to being associated with Bernie is... 

Not the sharpest crayon in the box. :deadbanana4:

Sis, do you really want us to re-evaluate your posts "thanking Sen. Manchin for blocking Bernie's Senate from worsening inflation"? At what point does it become obvious you're rambling to yourself and no one cares?

Edited by Communion

1 minute ago, Communion said:

Hiding that you are still 6 years later incoherently screaming about Bernie Sanders was to hide you from further embarrassment. That you would then double-down and re-highlight that you wanted Fetterman to fail to "stick it to Bernie" and believed he was likely to not win due to being associated with Bernie is... 

Not the sharpest crayon in the box. :deadbanana4:

Sis, do you really want us to re-evaluate your posts "thanking Sen. Manchin for blocking Bernie's Senate from worsening inflation"? At what point does it become obvious you're rambling to yourself and no one cares?

Girl what? We were reacting to tightening polls. I never go out of my way to post about Fetterman. He's literally just a mainstream Dem and another vote. 

I do go out of my way to tie Bernie in with any potential political failures cause he's a lifelong loser and it brings me great joy to point that out. :giraffe: Same way you were obsessed with framing Biden's presidency as a failure. We all have our vices. :fish1:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.