Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

Worried about the turnout for the rally today tbh

Β 

The ticket/location is being sent to the spam section of the email. :skull:The location was never made publiclyΒ 

Β 

They are calling people but not everyone will answer the phone

• Like 1

10 hours ago, midnightdawn said:

There is growing Democratic fear over how quickly the Wisconsin Senate race is tightening, with party insiders worried they could shockingly lose the critical contest, Axios has learned.

Why it matters: Sen. Tammy Baldwin's (D-Wis.) lead in both public and internal polls has deteriorated, and Republicans are flooding the state with cash to pull off the upset.

• Baldwin leads by just two points in internal Democratic polling, a source familiar with the campaign told Axios. That is much closer than what public polling has shown for months.
  • Democrats are on pace to be outspent by Republicans in the state every week until Election Day, with an infusion of around $20 million from GOP sources.

Β 

Multiple Democratic sources told Axios there are "alarm bells" ringing in the state, arguing the race is much tighter than what public polling has shown.

• A national Democratic strategist working on Senate campaigns pointed specifically to a recent poll from Marquette University, which showed Baldwin with a six-point lead. The race, the strategist said, is much closer than that.

https://www.axios.com/2024/10/04/wisconsin-senate-race-baldwin-hovde

Where do you constantly find these doomsday articles? :deadbanana:

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Sannie said:

She should reject his endorsement and instead try to cater to leftists who have made it very clear they will never vote for her. That's how you win elections. /s

Didn't you hear the good sis Commie said she'd abandon her morals and principles and throw the Palestinians under the bus bc Biden might take 20k off their student loans so is now voting Harris.?!

Β 

Now THAT is as American as apple pie. Lmao.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, on the line said:

Didn't you hear the good sis Commie said she'd abandon her morals and principles and throw the Palestinians under the bus bc Biden might take 20k off their student loans so is now voting Harris.?!

Β 

Not some of y'all serving mental illness like this that you feel angry over... a post meant to make a joke and incite laughs after tension.

Β 

Let alone one that is consistent:

Β 

Spoiler

Β 

On 7/31/2022 at 12:41 AM, Communion said:

I want Democrats to win. I need DemocratsΒ  to win. But I also need them to support popular ideas that will help them to win. And I need them to support those same popular ideas that make people's lives better. My life better. Because politics literally has no point besides being transactional. What are you defensive about if you can't name how a politician has made your life better?

On 6/30/2023 at 10:58 AM, Communion said:

People don't vote against things. They vote for things. Voting is transactional. The era of Trump having a one-time exception does not change human psychology.Β 

On 6/14/2022 at 9:06 PM, Communion said:

The irony too for liberals to be like "YOU NEED A CIVICS CLASS!!" when a keystone of politics is understanding that it is transactional by nature; politicians propose policy in exchange for votes.

On 11/11/2023 at 11:42 PM, Communion said:

You're acknowledging that voting is motivated by self-interest. You're unapologetically expressing that voting is driven by selfish reasons. Voting is transactional.

On 10/30/2023 at 8:23 PM, Communion said:

"This is hyperbolic" - no, voting is transactional. Why would people vote for someone who wants them dead? I don't expect genocidal Zionists to vote for people who support Palestine, and I don't expect Palestinian victims to the Zionist genocide to vote for people who support Israel.Β 

On 1/27/2024 at 4:31 PM, Communion said:

You have two realistic options in front of you - try and persuade inactivated voters who don't vote reliably (non-voters) with interesting policy proposals that they want because voting is transactional (see: young people turnout going up after Biden took on Bernie's student debt forgiveness policy) or somehow get Biden to stop supporting genocide so as to stop the moral calamity occurring for activated third party voters.

On 1/29/2024 at 9:32 PM, Communion said:

So what I'm left with is the reality that voting is transactional, and nothing Biden has done has materially improved my life or made it easier in a way to even get me to the polls. Now, if you've lost me, a partisan progressive Dem politico and consistent voter, you're not even reaching the disengaged and apolitical infrequent non-voters Biden needs to win.

On 4/16/2024 at 7:31 PM, Communion said:

It's perfectly valid for you to vote for Biden because you've benefitted from Biden's policies. That's the whole point. Voting is transactional.

On 4/29/2024 at 10:27 PM, Communion said:

Because at the end of the day politics is transactional. You can want what's in your interests. People aren't wrong for wanting what it's theirs, especially poor Americans.

The only person making it more difficult for you to get what you want is Biden for bad politicking, not working class Americans demanding better.

On 7/27/2024 at 2:47 PM, Communion said:

The issue we've established is that voting is not a moral action. We know this from the behavior of most voters. Voting is transactional.

On 6/4/2024 at 2:07 PM, Communion said:

You seem to think voting is a moral exercise and not a transactional one.Β 

But the following:

• Harris' complete silence on student debt
  • The Biden admin's complete lack of movement to get student debt relief done and indifference to the suffering of poor Americans
  • This insane reaction by the objectively worst people on here

Has convinced me that, even as worthless of a vote living in a blue state is, it's more important personally to not reward Harris for genocide than reward Dems for somehow getting student debt relief done in the sad 4 hour window it looked like they had a chance.

Β 

Now let me google if it's illegal to share a photo of a completed NJ ballot online cause I have the opportunity to do the funniest thing this thread has seen. :fan:

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

5 minutes ago, Communion said:

Not some of y'all serving mental illness like this that you feel angry over... a post meant to make a joke and incite laughs after tension.

Β 

Let alone one that is consistent:

Β 

Β  Reveal hidden contents

Β 

But the following:

• Harris' complete silence on student debt
  • The Biden admin's complete lack of movement to get student debt relief done and indifference to the suffering of poor Americans
  • This insane reaction by the objectively worst people on here

Has convinced me that, even as worthless of a vote living in a blue state is, it's more important personally to not reward Harris for genocide than reward Dems for somehow getting student debt relief done in the sad 4 hour window it looked like they had a chance.

Β 

Now let me google if it's illegal to share a photo of a completed NJ ballot online cause I have the opportunity to do the funniest thing this thread has seen. :fan:

Congrats on that privilege!Β 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, on the line said:

Β 

No, I hadn't seen that because I've muted them and their off-topic, bad-faith arguments, but this is totally not surprising and even refreshing in a mask-off type of way. "I really, really care about Palestinians so bad that I have spent the last year attacking Democrats... but I'll vote Democrat if you give me money." Obsessed. If all it takes is some money to get leftists to admit to their hypocrisy, we need to call up the good sis George Soros NOW.

Edited by Sannie
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, on the line said:

Congrats on that privilege!Β 

I mean, yes, voting for Harris would literally be privileged.Β 

Β 

You're exemplifying how liberals have appropriated privilege discourse and never actually agreed with it or understood it to begin with.Β 

Β 

Because you seemingly don't understand privilege to be a material relationship. Not some snarl term or sectarian identity.Β 

Β 

You being a privileged affluent liberal from San Francisco doesn't make you evil. It's that you've posted its unfair for someone like you who makes six figures to pay more in taxes than poor people that makes you evil. It's your posts that demonize the unhoused as worthless and you wanting them rounded up and institutionalized because you think they're all drug addicts and addicts don't deserve sympathy that makes you evil.Β 

Β 

I voted for Clinton in 2016. Despite what you feel, I'm quite literally a partisan Democrat. Being radicalized over healthcare and a parent dying from cancer that I become not just sympathetic to but involved in the idea that my vote must be earned doesn't erase that.Β 

Β 

Of course being able to decide if an election should be decided on personal debt and finance is privileged over those counting the deaths of their loved ones. Even losing a parent to cancer is still more privileged than losing a parent because America helped blow them up.Β 

Β 

Which is why the point is to make Dems see this suffering as necessary to address via changing their policies. And why leftists don't attack and punch left or - importantly - down in their politics.Β 

Β 

Biden being willing to forgive $20k literally won him 2020. Of course it would weigh heavy on my mind and millions of others. Of course Trump wanting to raise my student loan payment by 10x would weigh on my mind. The difference is I don't feel anger or hatred to those less privileged than me for having even worse suffering Dems either don't address or endorse.

Β 

You don't see leftists yelling at Palestinian Americans like "i get you're upset but I really ******* need this debt forgiven so you need to ******* vote." That'd be sociopathic (and something liberal Harris supporters actually do). You yourself are acting like a sociopath because I made a joke towards a user I respect to try and convey that I promise I'm not scolding them for voting for Harris and that I get the very feeling of anxiety and dread that triggers in some of us the need to vote. I felt sick seeing how close polling in NJ was in 2021 with Murphy.

Β 

However, that you - an objectively awful person with far right politics - feels giddy at the idea of someone feeling anxious over the idea of needing to vote for Harris to ensure Dems feel there s support for student debt (despite Harris herself not prioritizing the issue) actually does the opposite of what you intend and makes me feel like taking an L on student debt is worth it or a duty to not endorse Harris' support for genocide.

You're showing that liberals won't actually view any eventual compromise by the left as reason to support progressive policies, but an endorsement that they were right to support genocide all along.Β 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I'm sorry but isnt the Democratic Party the party of the working class and advocates for helping the underdog? Idk why some of you here are using the student debt loan issue as some anchor to drag on the Left. The Left has always advocated for these policies yet Liberals here are acting as if its a gotcha moment lmao.Β 

Β 

Y'all **** on the Left for dividing the party (and I agree that some of them are especially the fringe ones voting for Stein out of cathartic purposes) but the Liberals acting smug and above it aint gonna unite the party either. The Left has compromised a lot (voting for Biden and even Hillary- politicians that are hardly to their liking). Maybe its time for the Liberals to actually consider doing the same if they actually want those votes? Β 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Blade said:

Oh sis, i'm not anti labor at all. It's just kind of ridiculous given the circumstances and looking at the numbers. Everyone should absolutely demand higher wages. It's just crazy that this union specifically already makes way more than the median worker, are WELL above the upper middle class, and were about to shut down half the ports because instead of $100k they wanted $200k.

Β 

I don't view that criticism of that as breaking the regular worker-worker solidarity

Yeah, I hear you. I just think that at this point there's enough money in the country to pay everyone six-figures, but the public has been gaslit into thinking otherwise.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sannie said:

No, I hadn't seen that because I've muted them and their off-topic, bad-faith arguments, but this is totally not surprising and even refreshing in a mask-off type of way. "I really, really care about Palestinians so bad that I have spent the last year attacking Democrats... but I'll vote Democrat if you give me money." Obsessed. If all it takes is some money to get leftists to admit to their hypocrisy, we need to call up the good sis George Soros NOW.

I was going to reply to this with a picture of my mail in ballot filled out already for Stein for the gag but also am paranoid that I'd go to jail or someone will be insane enough to report the post to some elections commission.Β :suburban:

Β 

So let me just say - you're 100% right sis, caring about genocide and voting for Harris are incompatible and thankfully any chance of voting for Harris is now nipped in the butt for good.Β :clap3:

Β 

Probably voting Green on the Senate and House races too.Β 

Β 

These board of education candidates better square up for thorough vetting.Β :suburban:

Β 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Marianah Adkins said:

I'm sorry but isnt the Democratic Party the party of the working class and advocates for helping the underdog? Idk why some of you here are using the student debt loan issue as some anchor to drag on the Left. The Left has always advocated for these policies yet Liberals here are acting as if its a gotcha moment lmao.Β 

Β 

Y'all **** on the Left for dividing the party (and I agree that some of them are especially the fringe ones voting for Stein out of cathartic purposes) but the Liberals acting smug and above it aint gonna unite the party either. The Left has compromised a lot (voting for Biden and even Hillary- politicians that are hardly to their liking). Maybe its time for the Liberals to actually consider doing the same if they actually want those votes? Β 

What are you talking about? :deadbanana:Β The Democratic party is the party actually trying to accomplish student loan relief, not the left (because the left has no power and no ability to attain power). It's the left who repeatedly blames the very man who has been trying to get this done and ignores the fact that tens of billions have been relieved for hundreds of thousands, all while ignoring the people who have actually put a stop to the plan, Republicans. Why blame the people at fault, Republicans, when you can blame Democrats? That's the left's mantra.

Β 

The last I checked, it's been black and brown people who have benefited the most from the debt relief Biden has been able to accomplish, but to the white leftists that's not enough because they didn't get their debt relieved too.

Edited by Sannie
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

Megyn Kelly says Harris message 'working': 'She's somehow getting through'

Β 

Β 

Pundit Megyn Kelly said she thinks Vice President Kamala Harris is promoting a message that is resonating with voters, particularly on the economy, that could spell defeat for former President Trump in next month's presidential election.

Β 

"They care most about inflation and they're evenly split now on that issue," Kelly said during a recent episode of her podcast. "They say there's a few explanations for it. The first is that Harris's message on the economy has broken through."

Β 

"Another is that Trump's attempt to link her to Bidenomics, I mentioned this earlier, has not been as effective as Republicans had hoped," she added.

Trump's best issue against Harris, Kelly noted, is immigration saying "he has his largest lead over her there, 51-42. But that's a five-point drop from where he was over Harris in August."

Β 

Kelly's comments were first highlighted by Mediate.

Β 

"It's working … it's working, she's somehow getting through," Kelly said, suggesting Trump should participate in the planned appearance on CBS News's 60 Minutes β€” which was later scrapped by the GOP nominee's campaign β€” in order to counter Harris's messaging.

Β 

:ryan3:
Β 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sannie said:

it's been black and brown people

Wait until you find out who disproportionately benefits from policies like free college and universal loan forgiveness, policies both Biden and Harris don't support.Β 

Β 

If you'd like to discuss actually targeted policies, we can definitely talk about Harris' lack of a reparations policy as well.Β :suburban:

Edited by Communion
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Stein isn't even on my ballot :suburban:

Β 

I guess she cares more about spoiling the election in swing states than building support in progressive blue states.Β 
Β 

Im also kinda annoyed because the progressive voting guide I use to help me make decisions on judges and local races decided to be a single-issue Palestine guide this year. Which obviously is one issue that I care about, and all else equal, I would vote for the pro-Palestine candidate over the Zionist candidate but these are LOCAL races. Tell me what the candidates think about the issues in the community :shutup:

9 minutes ago, Jackson said:

progressive blue states.Β 

Now sis you better be a fellow Northeast hunty posting from like NYS or Vermont cause I think using this to describe *re-reads* Kansas might be a stretch.Β 

Β 

IMG_8595.png

Β 

Edited by Communion
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

More convos with my dad and yeah no shot he votes for Kamala. He and a lot of other independents I know who dislike both parties have already told themselves for years that Trump and Republicans are better on the economy and border and there's no changing their minds on that. Best I can hope for is he just abstains from voting like he did in 2016. 2020 he voted for Trump because he was super anti Covid restrictions and anti-vax

Β 

spacer.png
Β 

He thinks Trump is a dirtbag whose wife doesn't even like him and also thinks Republicans need to get with the times on diversity and just drop the issue of abortion already regardless of how they personally feel about it, but like most other consumers of right wing media he's bought into the idea that America is in danger of becoming high tax, homeless hellscape Commiefornia and burning to the ground I'm afraid

Β 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

So this election has been terrible for my mental health but I kinda have some clarity after thinking for a few days. Because we live amongst a bunch of ******* morons in these red states, we have to face the harsh reality we are never gonna see progressive policies passed in this country. Obama and Biden are as left and progressive as it's gonna get. Which sucks. We're never gonna see 60 democratic senators again. We lost this fight in 2016 and lost it again with Amy Barrett entering the Supreme Court. Unless something changes, like making DC a state and Puerto rico or we get ranked choice voting to break the barrier of the two party system we're cooked. So from now on I'm just gonna vote for the candidate who will do the least harm for my life. Maybe a trump presidency is what the south and Midwest idiots need to truly experience suffering and hardship to wake them up but then he's never leaving office, and I'm 100% sure he could tax them at 99% all to his pocket and they wouldn't care about their starving families, as long as the gays and non whites are suffering and women are back in the kitchen that's all that matters. We are ****** royalty, but I'm just trying to not get ****** as hard from this point forward.Β 

5 minutes ago, Communion said:

Now sis you better be posting from like NYS or Vermont cause I think using this to describe *re-reads* Kansas might be a stretch.Β 

Β 

IMG_8595.png

Β 

Are you implying that Laura Kelly wine moms in Topeka aren't itching to cast their vote for Stein?Β 

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.