2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan

41 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Kind of obsessed with the idea of Kamala losing the PV but winning the EC. :ahh:

Really curious how the GOP would react to keeping the EC.

I have a feeling even if she wins RB + NV, there will be some back door shenanigans to have 7 electors defect... I can imagine illegal bribing. 

The GOP has next to no state level power to pull this kind of crap in any of the swing states, sans Georgia. Lombardo in NV is all they have, but I wouldn't count on that happening. 

If they didn't do it in 2020 (when they had GA, The governor mansion and AG in AZ, a majority on the WI Supreme Court, and the Secretary of State in NV) they won't do it now. 

• Like 2

• Replies 50.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

Allan Lichtman gets credited for predicting Trump in 2016 but he actually said:

"So very narrowly the keys point to a Trump victory. But I would say more to the point, they would point to a generic Republican victory. Because I believe, given the unprecedented nature of the Trump candidacy, and Trump himself, he could defy all odds and lose even though the verdict of history is in his favor. This also suggests there is a possibility this election could go either way".

x

The way he manages to move the goalposts for his "system"....

Kamala should definitely go to NC (and FL too) in the counties where it has flooded because of the hurricane. 👏🏼

tour the damage and visit the locals 

Edited by GhostBox
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator

kDeI8B6.png

This is kinda the map I'm thinking right now. NC goes blue because the Governor mess and Wisconsin goes blue because of their proximity to Minnesota/Walz. Texas and Florida stay red but move to the left of their 2020 results.

If this is the map, then Trump has to win both PA and GA as well as two more states to get the presidency. Kamala could win any combination of the two remaining states or just PA and that'll push her over the edge. 

Even if the map ends up 276, I can't imagine 7 electors defecting because I think if that starts happening, Democratic electors might split from red states to make up the difference. It would be a mess still :rip: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If we lose AZ, winning NC would make it feel worth it tbh.

I think Kamala should at LEAST try to shore up NV though. Do what you can in AZ but it's probably the hardest swing state to win at this point. All good, Kamala isn't the candidate for it, especially with immigration being her weak spot. 

But don't take NV for granted! Show some effort there. It's only 6 EV, but it makes a tie even more of a pipe dream in the event of a faithless elector. She cannot take it for granted. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lil Mistee said:

All my coworkers r trump fans and if he wins I will NOT escape this man so...

I'm tired of arguing with family members why Trump isn't it. 

I jus want these elections to be over with 

• Like 1

these Trump watches start at $499 and go up to $799 and the Tourbillons are $100,000 :deadbanana2: 

46 minutes ago, nooniebao said:

Is this gonna be his get out of the race card  without admitting what the real purpose is 💀

• Like 1

These dark humor videos about ACTUAL NEWS are getting more and more concerning :suburban:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bears01 said:

The GOP has next to no state level power to pull this kind of crap in any of the swing states, sans Georgia. Lombardo in NV is all they have, but I wouldn't count on that happening. 

If they didn't do it in 2020 (when they had GA, The governor mansion and AG in AZ, a majority on the WI Supreme Court, and the Secretary of State in NV) they won't do it now. 

I'm not saying it would happen, I'm just saying I wouldn't doubt them to try.  There will be shenanigans of some sort, but I don't think they will succeed. I can imagine there being some sort of investigation and something coming out and showing that Trump yet again tried to subvert the election.

2 hours ago, shelven said:

Telling Muslim voters who have very explicitly stated that they disagree with Harris's Israel/Palestine views and are supporting her purely out of harm reduction that they're going to burn in hell proves how deeply unserious this current Green Party presidential ticket is. It's truly a shame that the party that's on the correct side of this issue (and many other issues) is currently being run by attention-seeking grifters who seemingly have no interest in actually advancing the party they claim to lead or its policies that they claim to champion.

If Stein was even remotely serious about building up the Green Party as a viable third party, she would denounce this, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.

Jesus Christ, aren't these the same people who for a year now have screamed at us and told us that we can't tell Muslims that they're wrong for not voting for Kamala? Now they're saying they are wrong for voting for Kamala? It's almost as if they don't actually care what Muslim voters want, they only care about what they want.

Edited by Sannie

His statement was disgusting and tone deaf  but so is the woman he's running with 🤷 so not surprised by his pathetic behavior 

anyways 

27 minutes ago, Sannie said:

It's almost as if they don't actually care what Muslim voters want

Butch Ware is Muslim and addressing the immense backlash the "Muslims for Harris" group got by trying to start back up.

A large enough backlash that those running it acknowledged that they know their support for Harris is not popular. Polls already show us that Harris has lost at least a significant third of the support Biden had in 2020. Maybe those will concentrate in blue states. Maybe it'll be solely in Michigan. Who knows.

You are more than welcome to disagree on the tactic of anti-Harris Muslim figures scolding other Muslims by questioning their faith and if such is effective or not (as an atheist, I'm not sure I get the logic behind adherence to true worship as a persuasion tactic but because religiosity is not something for me), but the reality is that even Wajahat admits to and acknowledges that the average Muslim voter, particularly Muslims who are also Arab Americans, are rightfully angry at the support the few Muslim political pundits & figures are showing for Harris.

You can disagree with Ware's statement. That also doesn't change that Ware's statement regardless of how anyone feels about it is likely closer to the current pule amongst Muslim Americans than any pro-Harris sectarian phonebanking groups would be.

In the responses to this tweet by Sana, the majority of responses are pointing out how Brenda Abdelall is the only Arab American out of a 24 person panel despite Arab Americans being one-fourth of America's Muslim population and that there's not a single Palestinian American listed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.