Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, FameFatale said:

Not surprising at all....that's why Trump hails them as the best pollster

1 hour ago, Raspberries said:

If AZ is slipping away to this extent then I think she may loose NV 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blade said:

Finding out Nate Silver is a hunty :bibliahh: 

He IS? :ahh:Omg ive been reading his polling **** since 2016 and had no idea, always thought he was just a nerdy straight dude :ahh:

I'm not sure that we claim him, but his pettiness on twitter makes more sense now:suburban:

• Haha 5

The Obamas and Clintons will start camping next month

She should have the Obamas focus on Georgia/NC and potentially PA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does Nate live in Florida? He's giving off "Don't Say Gay" teas

:suburban:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RihRihGirrrl said:

The Obamas and Clintons will start camping next month

She should have the Obamas focus on Georgia/NC and potentially PA

The Clintons are washed, they can sit back if the goal was getting independent voters 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Armani? said:

The Clintons are washed, they can sit back if the goal was getting independent voters 

Bill Clinton still connects in the rust belt when talking about the economy 

Since I'm bored and feel like starting ****, I have to ask: how? How is Ukraine going to win this war? What scenario is realistically possible that doesn't end in either a) Russia having some influence on Ukraine due to their geographical proximity, similar to how the US influences Mexico and Canada or b) nuclear war? Since everyone, from Zelenskyy to Putin to Biden to Xi to Lula to Modi to Macron, more or less agree that this war will end in a diplomatic settlement of sorts, how does prolonguing the conflict help secure a better deal for Ukraine?

I know some people have painted me and my fellow progressives as "Putin shills", but I'm really not. I understand that people don't feel it's fair to give Russia anything after they illegally invaded Ukraine. I get that. I can even share that sentiment.

I simply don't see how this policy of rejecting any sort of diplomacy with Russia ends up benefitting anyone other than the US. The Instanbul Comuniqueé, as underdeveloped as it was, shows that both countries, even in the chaos of the illegal invasion, were able to make concessions with each other (neutrality of Ukraine, which Russia wants; security guarantees by major countries, which Ukraine understandably wants). I refuse to believe an actual peace process won't deliver even better results.

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Armani? said:

The reparations attack is sending me:bibliahh:

The added insult to injury that Kamala is like against 95% of this on top of it despite it being what the base largely supports. :chick1:

Thank god COVID is enough removed from people's mindsets that we don't have to endure a conservative Harris campaign try and navigate wishy-washy language on if vaccines should be mandatory. :suburban:

Dana Bash: "Do you think the Biden administration & states under Democratic governorships were wrong for how they handled COVID vaccinations?"

VP Harris: "You see, vaccines help the body. There's diseases that pose harm to people and scientists make vaccines to help the body. The vaccines improve the body's ability to fight off those diseases. President Biden oversaw our COVID relief plan and helped get vaccines into the hands of the American people who needed them and wanted to help their own bodies. That's very important to myself and Joe to help Americans who wanna help themselves. That's why my campaign is championing what we call an Opportunity Economy. If you are a small business who can help America with modern medical innovation, I want to put a $50,000 tax credit towards your business. As someone who grew up in a middle class household, I understand the need for people to have the opportunity to seek entrepreneurship."

Edited by Communion
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

43 minutes ago, Armani? said:

The reparations attack is sending me:bibliahh:

It's crazy that his campaign in 2016 was extremely tech savvy and he would go viral for dunking on Hillary every post

Now he constantly posts dumb boomer **** all day. Out of touch dribble that no one even sees. Serving "Let's get you to bed, grandma"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll take Suffolk's AZ poll in exchange for their PA poll. :party: The latter being more realistic imo. Neither is winning any swing state by more than five. 

14 minutes ago, TeemoR said:

The polls are so confusing at this point. They keep switching. 

They really don't, though. What is making them so annoying is how stupidly consistent they've been even when it makes no sense. At least this new AZ poll is something different lol. 

Either there's some sort of systematic error going on in how Latinos are being polled this cycle, or she's experiencing a pretty big collapse with them and will lose Arizona (and potentially Nevada) as a result. I don't think we can call these Arizona polls outliers anymore since we now have 3 recent high quality state polls that all have Trump up by a decent margin there. The margin will probably be smaller than what NYT and Suffolk are showing, but it's pretty undeniably a tilt or lean Trump state right now. 

• Like 1

This is propaganda at this point, young men aren't voting majority Trump:skull:  Tired of this & the Black men are backing Trump in droves posts

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FameFatale said:

The amount of people and organizations willing to throw away their careers and reputations for the sole purpose of appeasing Donald Trump's ego is truly ridiculously pathetic.

47 minutes ago, Armani? said:

This is propaganda at this point, young men aren't voting majority Trump:skull:  Tired of this & the Black men are backing Trump in droves posts

It's very Gaga. "If I tell a lie enough times, it becomes the truth." 

Why am I seeing some Republicans saying they're serious about winning Virginia? :deadbanana: Am I missing some numbers somewhere? 

• Haha 1

Last month I was feeling better about AZ compared to GA. Now it's reveresed. In theory, GA staying blue makes more sense though. It's going through a demographic change to make it a purple state as opposed to AZ which was won through persuading moderates who usually voted Republican. 

2 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

Since I'm bored and feel like starting ****, I have to ask: how? How is Ukraine going to win this war? What scenario is realistically possible that doesn't end in either a) Russia having some influence on Ukraine due to their geographical proximity, similar to how the US influences Mexico and Canada or b) nuclear war? Since everyone, from Zelenskyy to Putin to Biden to Xi to Lula to Modi to Macron, more or less agree that this war will end in a diplomatic settlement of sorts, how does prolonguing the conflict help secure a better deal for Ukraine?

I know some people have painted me and my fellow progressives as "Putin shills", but I'm really not. I understand that people don't feel it's fair to give Russia anything after they illegally invaded Ukraine. I get that. I can even share that sentiment.

I simply don't see how this policy of rejecting any sort of diplomacy with Russia ends up benefitting anyone other than the US. The Instanbul Comuniqueé, as underdeveloped as it was, shows that both countries, even in the chaos of the illegal invasion, were able to make concessions with each other (neutrality of Ukraine, which Russia wants; security guarantees by major countries, which Ukraine understandably wants). I refuse to believe an actual peace process won't deliver even better results.

My take....I don't think the U.S or Nato gives a damn about Ukraine 'winning' the war. They just want to weaken Russia by keeping them entangled in a never ending war that distracts them from other geo-political interests, depletes their resources, and makes Putin look small. Before the war, Putin was a 'boggy man' with a mighty and lethal fighting force.....now that perception has diminished. 

If Zelensky were smart, he would see that there's no 'winning' for him or Ukraine and use this time (when he still has the U.S/Nato's backing and funding) to negotiate hard with Putin. 

Edited by RihRihGirrrl
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.