2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan

2 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

This is the dumbest argument that I've seen come out of the debate and it's all #They use as an excuse to show that Trump was teamed up on.ย 

ย 

Trump was fact checked because what he was saying was factually, 100% incorrect, can 100% be proven without any other interpretation, lies. Harris saying something misleading (if we can even call it that) isn't necessarily untrue, even if it may require more context. The moderators can't fact check her and say "well Trump ACTUALLY meantโ€”" that's not what fact checking is for.ย 

I had to explain it to my MAGA co-worker like this:

ย 

"If you and I are having a debate about the color of grass and you say it's green while I say it's red, I am factually incorrect. If someone comes up and says "hey, grass is in fact green and not red," I cannot scream and cry and demand they also fact check you because you were right to begin with."

ย 

He understood it that way, but I doubt he internalized it enough to change his mind about the debate being "unfair". :deadbanana:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 50.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

also don't kno how much this could help but let's see what happens

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 2

I'm so sick of reading this thread only for a pop up to come out of nowhere and take me to the top of the page I was on and I lose my spot :rip:ย 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

I'm so sick of reading this thread only for a pop up to come out of nowhere and take me to the top of the page I was on and I lose my spot :rip:ย 

Now this is the real bipartisan issue... who's running on making these fixes to ATRL?ย :clack:

• Haha 4

VP debate next week giving me something to live for whew

ย 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Now this is the real bipartisan issue... who's running on making these fixes to ATRL?ย :clack:

I offered another fund drive for new ATRL+ status on HQ months ago to no response. Tag the mods here I guess 'cause I have no idea :coffee2:ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Harris chooses MSNBC anchor who has shown support to host her second solo interview

ย 

ย 

Vice Presidentย Kamala Harrisย will be sitting down withย MSNBCย anchor Stephanie Ruhle for her second solo interview since beginning her bid for theย presidencyย on Thursday.

This will be Harris's first one-on-one interview with a legacy media outlet, as her only other one was withย Oprah Winfreyย last week for a "Unite for America" rally in Michigan. During that event, Winfrey and audience members asked Harris various questions, but the whole purpose behind the event was to promote Harris's candidacy.ย 

ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, Vermillion said:

ย 

The fact this buffoon is still delusional about this ****:bibliahh:ย Not reading the room.

ย 

Trump would have got 15% of the Black vote, 45% of Hispanic voters, and increased his lead with White voters

• Thanks 1

Bret Baier: Trump, not Harris, the 'holdup' on Fox News debate

ย 

ย 

Fox News anchorย Bret Baierย said former President Trump, not Vice President Harris, is keeping his network from hosting a second debate between the two candidates before Election Day.

ย 

"The latest is, I actually believe โ€” this is me talking โ€” that the Harris campaign would do a Fox debate, if the former president has come to the conclusion that there really shouldn't be another debate," the anchor said this week duringย an appearance onย conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt's program.

ย 

"Now, his reasoning, don't know. I always thought that it would be like a bug zapper in the backyard for the former president in that he couldn't get away from the light of 70 million viewers and that he would have to eventually, just knowing him, you know, do it if it was on Fox and something he could agree to," Baier said.

ย 

Baier, who is regularly in contact with both campaigns, said he is "getting the sense from him [Trump] and the campaign that they aren't moving past it, and really the holdup is not the Harris campaign and Fox. It is the former president."

ย 

ย 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Armani? said:

How is it even possible to be 25 - 30 points off:rip:

ย 

Just vibes.

ย 

Crosstabs show they only polled Cubans in Miami. :eli:ย 

• Haha 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.