2024 US Election Megathread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ›οΈ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.Β 
Β 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.Β 

2 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Is he... force feeding his small children 14 eggs a day? :deadbanana:

Β 

No, of course not, but don't let that pesky fact get in the way of a leftist's faux narrative.

Y'all want so desperately to believe she's running a standard liberal campaign when AT BEST she's running a campaign for Never Trump Republicans and giving liberals crumbs like "WE ARE GOING TO REINSTATE ROE" when there is ZERO path for her to achieve that. Ever. :ahh:Β 

• Replies 48.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

I also need some more events in NC. I really do believe if they play it right they can use Robinson against trump and win there if it's close .πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

37 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

This just feels too good to be true but if Kamala actually flips Florida I'll be personally sending @dabuniqueΒ an Edible Arrangement.Β 

I was playing around with 538's full election forecast today and I noticed that they have Harris's odds of winning Florida to be basically the exact same as Trump's odds of winning Michigan, which is... a lot higher than I would have expected :rip:

Β 

Florida is one of those states where I start to abandon logical data analysis in favour of the eye test. I don't care how many polls say that Harris is just a moderately sized polling error away from winning, Harris winning Florida just intuitivelyΒ feelsΒ wrong based on everything that's happened there the last 6 years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tovitov said:

You're going to have to be specific. Hard to see where she's running to the right of Hillary or Obama.Β 

i mean... easy to forget now but the anchors of obama's 08 campaign were universal health care and ending forever wars :skull:Β 

• Thanks 1

GYIGOmGXgAEsy0l?format=jpg&name=large

Harris isn't winning Floriduh :toofunny3:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lil Mistee said:

Harris isn't winning Floriduh :toofunny3:

Right. I think the best we can hope for is a stop to the rightward shift.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teresaguidice said:

i mean... easy to forget now but the anchors of obama's 08 campaign were universal health care and ending forever wars :skull:Β 

I was trying ti remember where I saw the tweet that pointed out Dems have removed universal healthcare from their platform but yes.

People can give Dems credit on LGB- issues and abortion, but clearly Dems have regressed to even pre-Obama days on things like healthcare, immigration, foreign policy, etc.

Until we start seeing 65% Dem Hispanic Vote polls Florida is not on the table

• Like 1

Like it's actually insane that progressives haven't even gotten a guarantee from Harris that she'll keep Lina Khan in place that she's now doing what amounts to a press tour to start making people aware of what she and the FTC does to keep pressure on Harris.

Β 

Harris and Dems aren't even trying to protect the Senate because they're still funneling donations to a candidate who has already lost:

Β 

You know what I would really love to see? More town halls from Kamala. A second debate may be something for her to juxtapose with Trump & his policies, but at the same time, she doesn't really have to do that as much as before. At least with town halls, it not only puts the spotlight directly on her, but allows for her to relay more of her policies with the American people, and also gives her a chance to answer questions from the audience that many people watching may genuinely have as well. Plus, it's a good way for her to connect with viewers so they can thoroughly visualize what a Harris presidency beholds.Β 

Β 

Also is it just me, or does it feel like we've hardly had any town hall lately? It's such a major opportunity to promote that I worry will be missed.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CamCam said:

You know what I would really love to see? More town halls from Kamala. A second debate may be something for her to juxtapose with Trump & his policies, but at the same time, she doesn't really have to do that as much as before. At least with town halls, it not only puts the spotlight directly on her, but allows for her to relay more of her policies with the American people, and also gives her a chance to answer questions from the audience that many people watching may genuinely have as well. Plus, it's a good way for her to connect with viewers so they can thoroughly visualize what a Harris presidency beholds.Β 

Β 

Also is it just me, or does it feel like we've hardly had any town hall lately? It's such a major opportunity to promote that I worry will be missed.

Even trumps couple town halls this time haven't even been town halls πŸ’€

• Haha 1

Kamala needs to go off script more it's when she's at her best. I get she wanted to rail home a message as her campaign was dumped on her basically but we got it mama… let's get more off script moments

Β 

like my favorite moments of her have been the debate with lots of new one liners for her (such as the one about the rallies and him being fired). The one where she went off script for the mass shooting (rip those people) and her small business meetings where she is talking to people.Β 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.