2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

10 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

My mom just told me the rate cuts and gas going down is because Biden is trying to cheat in the election and Trump is going to fix it. I just walked away :rip:ย :rip:ย 

ย 

:clack:

Bless her heartย 

nicki.png

ย 

• Haha 2

• Replies 48k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

GXyM31EWoAAH4wW?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Haha 7

14 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

My mom just told me the rate cuts and gas going down is because Biden is trying to cheat in the election and Trump is going to fix it. I just walked away :rip:ย :rip:ย 

ย 

sounds like my familyย 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

ย 

Honestly feel so bad for people with parents like this. I don't get how they fall into the rabbit hole like this.

ย 

28 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I couldn't get that quiz to work either but I was curious since I haven't taken a political alignment test since ~2016 and Reddit said this was a decent one:ย https://politiscales.party

ย 

My results seem.. more or less accurate I'd say:

ย 

spacer.png

Some of these questions...

ย 

"One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman." Like, it can be both? If I say disagree because I think it can be both, is it gonna call me a conservative? :deadbanana:ย 

ย 

FhHij0p.png

ย 

I kind of "yikes" myself with the punitive justice part, but I'll admit it's because of my past experiences working in the criminal justice field and the biased questions. :rip:ย 

Edited by Sannie
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Honestly feel so bad for people with parents like this. I don't get how they fall into the rabbit hole like this.

ย 

Trump and misinformation. Mind you she is a retired HISTORY teacher. :deadbanana:ย My whole family is MAGA brain rot. But I live in a deep red state so it doesn't matter anyways.ย 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

Trump and misinformation. Mind you she is a retired HISTORY teacher. :deadbanana:ย My whole family is MAGA brain rot. But I live in a deep red state so it doesn't matter anyways.ย 

It's crazy because almost all of my dad's friends are Trumpers and yet he's not. :rip: Maybe I just got lucky and got two good parents because my dad just always asks me who I'm supporting and then supports them too. :rip:ย 

• Like 6

:ahh: All the different factions of the Teamsters being like, "yeah, we don't think so."ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Lil Mistee said:

Harris isn't any more right wing than Obama was please

Whats her healthcare plan?

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

41 minutes ago, Sannie said:

ย 

Some of these questions...

ย 

"One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman." Like, it can be both? If I say disagree because I think it can be both, is it gonna call me a conservative? :deadbanana:ย 

ย 

FhHij0p.png

ย 

I kind of "yikes" myself with the punitive justice part, but I'll admit it's because of my past experiences working in the criminal justice field and the biased questions. :rip:ย 

Yes those quizzes are weirdly worded I don't trust them. But omg you have exp in criminal justice!? Are you excited for a former prosecutor to be our president seeing as how she says it in every speech that she was a former prosecutor!ย 

5 hours ago, Communion said:

It's historically been the opposite. Dems have won a plurality of poor Americans in general for decades. It was only in the last 30 or so years a plurality of poor people chose no one and now Dems are struggling to even have a larger voter share than Republicans.ย 

ย 

There's a conversation on how the education differences aren't really as pronounced reflections of income because education doesn't directly translate to an income binary but the polarization on income is sadly changing as well.ย 

ย 

Dems are abandoning poor people for those considered professional-managerial workers. The ultra rich still vote Republican but below them seems to be switching. Dems now courting managers over workers.ย 

I read a really interesting paper recently that discussed this

spacer.png

ย 

Over time, you see affluent voters shifting more towards democrats, which has lead to more of a "u-shaped" voter base.ย 

ย 

(the paper also discusses similarities and differences in messaging between party leaders or among democrats from different districts amidst shifts in the coalition)

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Blade said:

You're brave to post this when you know the queen of receipts Communion is going to quote one of your posts 7 months from now with this saying something along the lines of "Of course the neolib who prefers punitive justice over rehabilitation has this take"

The good sis is lucky that I don't mind physical punishment liks forced to break up rocks against the rich so my punitive score isn't perfectly 0%ย :chick3:

ย 

K4G4kcA.png

ย 

• Haha 3

Also if we're posting quizzes for shits and giggles:

ย 

Not yall brandishing me a radical when I'm the true centerย :celestial5:

ย 

(The quiz switches the ends of the spectrum from being about ideology to association with a particular partisanship)

ย 

• Haha 2

On 9/16/2024 at 7:00 PM, VOSS said:

:rip:ย 

ย 

ย 

• Haha 7

ย 

The Michigan and Wisconsin Teamsters chapters endorsed Harris.

ย 

ย 

Edited by tiejc
  • Like 5

39 minutes ago, Communion said:

Also if we're posting quizzes for shits and giggles:

ย 

Not yall brandishing me a radical when I'm the true centerย :celestial5:

ย 

(The quiz switches the ends of the spectrum from being about ideology to association with a particular partisanship)

ย 

Wait not this looking like me admitting to being Blue Lion Politics when my screenshot didn't get included.ย 

ย 

gip6uYW.jpeg

ย 

Some of you fringe pro-Dem radicals can't even spell pragmatism!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.