2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

Oh my god. He's hitting all the news networks this morning and absolutely losing his mind. WOW.ย 
ย 

ย 

• Like 1

• Replies 48k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

3 hours ago, FameFatale said:

ย 

Oh, my God. A black woman causing that kind of shift in Iowa???? Trump is toast.

ย 

3 hours ago, Thickorita said:

This is who the Dems are worshipping now and want in the cabinet instead of progressivesย :deadbanana4:

ย No goddamn Dems worship this lady. :ahh:ย She's been praised for going against her party when doing so got her kicked out which is objectively admirable. Y'all really don't understand the concept of personal nuance.ย 

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

ย 

Oh she's definitely about to set up voter registration booths at her upcoming shows and bring Kamala on stage for one of them now just to spite him :dies:

• Like 3

The fact the whole thing came from a Facebook post from someone who heard gossip from a friend of a friend. :rip:ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

ย 

Now I know Taylor doesn't wanna get too involved but it'd be dope if she organized some kind of voter registration event while she's in Miami a couple of weeks before the election. Having a moment where Kamala comes out and waves at the crowd as she finishes "The Man" right before Taylor transitions into "You Need to Calm Down" would eat so bad!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

:rip:ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

The logoย :ahh:

This Haitian immigrant discussion - besides being reprehensible - shows the vast majority of people don't understand the nuances of immigration status. Because not being a citizen doesn't mean you're "here illegally". My grandpa from Italy was in America for 55 years and never became a full citizen, but was a permanent resident (whereas my grandma passed the citizenship test so became a citizen). But most Americans of European descent are at least a few generations removed from immigrants, so they forget how the immigration system works.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Sannie said:

Oh, my God. A black woman causing that kind of shift in Iowa???? Trump is toast.

Not specifically aiming this at you individually, butโ€ฆ people act like Obama didn't win Iowa in both the primary and the general. Iowa has been a blue state more recently than North Carolina.ย :rip:ย 

ย 

Just absolutely bonkers

• Like 1

It's easy to forget how much Iowa has shifted. From Obama winning by 9 in 2008 to winning by 6 in 2012 to Hillary losing byย almost 10ย :rip:ย in 2016 and then Biden barely doing better losing by 9 in 2020.

ย 

Obama won Iowa more than he won Ohio, but Iowa has moved slightly further to the right than Ohio since

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.