2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

• Replies 48.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

First Anuel and now Nicky Jam

ย 

i guess they forgot about da paper towel incident or how he was trying ย to sell da island. Smhย 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lightbringer007 said:

HELP-

ย 

ย 

ย 

Nicky Jam is a Trumper?? :deadbanana4:

ย 

Vete a la chingada, no wonder latinos HATE us chicanos/American latinos :deadbanana4:ย Always wanting to be included with the gringos so bad.ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

Agree with everything you said. Looking at all the polls, I also just wonder what percent of Americans will always choose what they perceive as the most reactionary answer to the question just to stick it to the Democrats, regardless of what they know to be true :rip:ย Like yeah maybe those numbers are absurd when you do the math but it feels "spiritually true" to them or "not that far off" dddd. Or at the very least they'll refuse to give an answer if the truth would be the liberal answer. But yeah, Dems will NEVER be perceived as "tougher on immigration" than Republicans. All this conceding ground on every issue to Republicans in an attempt to win elections is both ineffective and unsustainable. Putting aside even personal beliefs, it comes off as admission that Republicans were right all along, and through this strategy of constantly running scared, in the long run we risk sacrificing everything we're supposed to be fighting for in the first place.

I mean, this is literally what it does! I think it was DataForProgress, but I can't find the post now if anyone can help, but we have data analyzing individual races that shows Democrats conceding to and adopting Republican framing increases Dems' chances of losing.

ย 

Even without even addressing polarization, if Dems conceded Republicans were right about an issue.. why wouldn't then undecided voters just vote for the people that they've heard talking about this issue for long and not the people who only just now changed their view?

ย 

This is basically the entire progressive critique of establishment Democrats and how their theory of electoral success doesn't work. You cannot beat Republicans by becoming Republicans - Republicans already exist!

ย 

We're flooding the airwaves with ads paid for by Dem donors talking about the border being in danger and placing the visual in people's minds that it's being flooded by transnational criminal gangs and... we expect this to BENEFIT the Dems? We're SHOCKED when Republicans up the ante and divulge into even further right racism after winning the ideological fight against Dems?

Edited by Communion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Laura Loomer is only 31? :skull:ย Damn, I try not to come for looks, but for as much **** as she slings out, that's a ROUGH 31, even with all that filler

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, tiejc said:

I'm gonna need Bad Bunny to come through for Kamala because this old orange cretin is trying to get the young Latino vote. Seeing this Trump crap from fellow Boricuas makes me sick.

Bad Bunny and Rauw Alejandro coming out in favor of Kamala would be a moment most pleasing in my career.ย 

ย 

Anuel and Nicky's ugly asses could never, so let's get the hotties on board.ย 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Bad Bunny and Rauw Alejandro coming out in favor of Kamala would be a moment most pleasing in my career.ย 

ย 

Anuel and Nicky's ugly asses could never, so let's get the hotties on board.ย 

lets get shakira and daddy yankee to pull in the older, local generations!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

I mean, this is literally what it does! I think it was DataForProgress, but I can't find the post now if anyone can help, but we have data that shows Democrats conceding to and adopting Republican framing increases Dems' chances of losing.

ย 

Even without even addressing polarization, if Dems conceded Republicans were right about an issue.. why wouldn't then undecided voters just vote for the people that they've heard talking about this issue for long and not the people who only just now changed their view?

ย 

This is basically the entire progressive critique of establishment Democrats and how their theory of electoral success doesn't work. You cannot beat Republicans by becoming Republicans - Republicans already exist!

ย 

We're flooding the airwaves with ads paid for Dem donors talking about the border being in danger and placing the visual in people's minds that it's being flooded by transnational criminal gangs and... we expect this to BENEFIT the Dems? We're SHOCKED when Republicans up the ante and divulge into even further right racism?

Exactly. And we can see this is true on the other end too. Republicans trying to run away from the pro-life position, and voters don't believe them! By validating the idea that the border is in crisis and voters are right to think that immigration is the biggest issue facing our country, voters will choose the party they think had good judgement all along rather than the party who seems to be saying whatever they need to say to get elected.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Tovitov said:

There appears to be a video of someone claiming to have caught africans grilling cats in Ohio thats spreading on Twitter. Except theres no one actually in the video and the meat itself looks like chicken. But J.D Vance retweeted it and now MAGA is going crazy.

ย 

:ace:

The way Haiti is not even in Africaย :toofunny2:

ย 

It's genuinely scary to me how far and fast this has spread. This seems like a real shift. Springfield is a tiny town and not even in a swing state, and they had to evacuate their elementary schools due to violent threats. Who's next?

ย 

I hate to get personal but my family is mostly African immigrants. What happens when DeSantis or Rick Scott randomly decides that my hometown is filled with black immigrants stealing and eating pets? I hate having to worry about stuff like this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

The personal finances question is an interesting one. I wonder how many voters blame the government for things they see as out of their own control - increases in the price of groceries, cost of gas, cost of a house - but not things they see as within their control - such as their salaries and profits on their own properties. Putting aside the fact that we were all in lockdown four years ago, speaking just for myself, I'm earning over twice as much as I was four years ago while spending over three times as much in rent (and spending more at the pump and on groceries). However, this still results in me saving more.

Yeah I need Benito to come out and support Kamalaย 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thuggin said:

Exactly. And we can see this is true on the other end too. Republicans trying to run away from the pro-life position, and voters don't believe them! By validating the idea that the border is in crisis and voters are right to think that immigration is the biggest issue facing our country, voters will choose the party they think had good judgement all along rather than the party who seems to be saying whatever they need to say to get elected.

This is.... actually the perfect example that shows how and why the data analysis is true. Thank you for this.

ย 

I've talked about it over and over to the point of exhaustion but people fetishize this idea of some mythical flippable centrist Republican or - when confronted with the reality of Trump expanding his margins with Republicans - invent out of thin air "moderate independent voters who magically agree with Republicans but CAN be flipped to vote for Harris" as some meaningful voting block despite nothing in the historical data showing this.

ย 

Clinton lost because poor black voters stayed home in the rust belt. Many of these voters are independents.

Biden won because he restored significant enough portions of this group and say huge bursts in progressive youth turnout (many of these voters are also independents).

ย 

Any kind of sooth-saying about needing to move the party to the right to appeal to some mythical pro-Dem conservative just doesn't line up with reality.

Edited by Communion
  • Like 3

ย 

Adding onto what I said before about Republicans being desperate for microcelebrity endorsements, do they not see giving the stage to random TikTok boys as "beneath them"? :skull:

• Like 1

Only 6 more days until I can cast my vote for the future Madam Presidentย :party:

ย 

These polls are reassuring. I hope she can keep the momentum up through October. It's hard to believe we are only a month and a half from election day.

• Like 7

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.