2024 US Election Megathread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ›οΈ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.Β 
Β 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.Β 

• Replies 47.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

So is this their new thing to start the week off? :deadbanana:

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

this is lowkey how I feel too :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

So is this their new thing to start the week off? :deadbanana:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Ah, the age-old "brown people eat cats and dogs" trick. I'm sure it'll go over well.

Β 

27 minutes ago, Blade said:

WI has always been my concern, but it's polling so much better so I'm like :confused:Β Either way, if she wins one, she'll win the other.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Blade said:

Wisconsin had by far the worst polling error of any swing state in 2020 (I'm sure ABC's polling team still has night terrors remembering that Biden +17 poll they put out :toofunny2:). Definitely wouldn't be surprising to see her do better in PA notwithstanding her polling average being better in WI.Β 

tomorrow's debate will be the most important debate of all time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

If Kamala wins, I think she'll have her Lose By Less strategy in rural parts of swing states to thank.

Β 

This is totally ~vibes~ based but I've seen multiple anecdotes about people in rural areas seeing less enthusiasm for Trump than 2020. If there's even a slightly less rural turn out in 2024 combined with Kamala making small inroads with rural voters that could be the decider.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, spree said:

Nah. We had an assassination attempt on one of the candidates by someone in their own parry, and it's nearly forgotten today. The political news cycle works so fast now. Today's catastrophe is tomorrow's forgotten joke.Β 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bloo said:

Do you not understand the word "symbolic"? :rip:

Β 

I never said this example is proof she's no different than Biden. I said it's a symbolic example of how little thought has been put into her policies. The actual problem is that she has run so little on policy, that she has chosen to run a more vibes-based campaign and isn't championing popular policy, etc. The lack of policy substance is something that is being noted by journalists. I'm not saying that one text ad is the sole example of this larger issue. It's just a naked, symbolic representation of a much larger problem.

Yes, despite your condescension, I do in fact know what "symbolic" means. A contracted web developer, who most likely has no connection to the actual campaign, forgetting to update the meta data of a web template means nothing. It is not symbolic to anyone other than people like you who want to try and shoehorn a meaning into it.Β 

Β 

But now that she has an actual policy page, the goalposts do need to be moved. Next stop: symbolic gestures.

Β 

9 minutes ago, Blade said:

If Kamala wins, I think she'll have her Lose By Less strategy in rural parts of swing states to thank.

Β 

This is totally ~vibes~ based but I've seen multiple anecdotes about people in rural areas seeing less enthusiasm for Trump than 2020. If there's even a slightly less rural turn out in 2024 combined with Kamala making small inroads with rural voters that could be the decider.

100%. I've seen people complain about her "wasting money" in rural areas, but, like, she has half a billion to spend and pulling in any amount in rural areas only adds to what'll be a big amount from the metro areas. The more, the merrier!

Β 

18 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Β 

Pretty good polls for HarrisΒ 

Nate Silver: I've Decided to Deduct 5 Points From This IPSOS Poll.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

26 minutes ago, on the line said:

Nah. We had an assassination attempt on one of the candidates by someone in their own parry, and it's nearly forgotten today. The political news cycle works so fast now. Today's catastrophe is tomorrow's forgotten joke.Β 

I agree. Even if she does great and Trump doesn't. The news cycle will move on in a week. The media doenst seems to want to talk about Trump like they did Biden.Β 

Edited by GhostBox

Β 

• Haha 2

Look, let's not put too many eggs into this debate. She could demolish Trump and the media and Trumpers would turn into Hellen Keller. What she needs to do, imo, is treat this debate as a way to communicate directly with the American people. If she focuses on the American people, nothing the media does will matter. I know she wants to trigger Trump, and that will be funny to watch, but she should ultimately ignore him and try to pivot everything back to a winning message. Let him squirm as he attempts and fails to get under her skin.

• Like 8

I really do believe she squeaks out a win NC.Β 

Β 

• Like 3

This seems so similar to the things we were reading around this time in 2016 except for Hillary's campaign. πŸ’€

Β 

Why are R's pushing this Haitian immigrant ****? The (unfortunate) reality is that immigrant fear mongering works when it's limited to "they take jobs and do crime!!"

Β 

Spreading lies about a specific group of immigrants coming to eat your pets and park animals is deranged even for them.

• Like 3

WhenΒ Kamala wins.Β When.Β I need you guys to stop this "If" nonsense. It's OVER for Trump and Maga this election cycle.Β :khalyan2:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, spree said:

I am 99.9% sure the July debate might retain that record. Β We lost a candidate because of that one.Β 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Blade said:

Why are R's pushing this Haitian immigrant ****? The (unfortunate) reality is that immigrant fear mongering works when it's limited to "they take jobs and do crime!!"

Β 

Spreading lies about a specific group of immigrants coming to eat your pets and park animals is deranged even for them.

Like wtf is this?

Β 

Β 

• Like 3

Β 

27 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

I really do believe she squeaks out a win NC.Β 

Β 

My fear continues to be that the Governor race will be a lot closer than polls are currently showing. There are absolutely people right now who claim to be undecided or leaning Stein because they're in denial about being the type of person who will vote for someone as heinous as Robinson out of partisanship. I think Stein still wins, but I don't think it ends up being a huge blowout that Harris gets to ride in on. Not saying she'll lose NC - the state is clearly going to be close unless polls are very off again - but I wouldn't read too much into how Stein's polling will affect the top of the ticket.Β 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

Β 

My only worry is that Trump becomes so nonsensical that it makes it hard for Kamala to even respond. :deadbanana:Β He absolutely has no idea how to articulate his "plans" for any of these things. If Kamala has to run offense the entire time because he lies about Biden's record, how will she be able to accurately articulate her message?

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Although there is no evidence of "reverse coattails" being a thing, with the Presidential margin being so small, it's hard to believe Kamala loses NC if the governor race is really this insane.

• Like 1

You know they are losing because they are making up immigrants eating pets stories now πŸ’€

• Like 1

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.