2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

57 minutes ago, DR0GO said:

Trump's downfall will be legendary. I cannot wait to see it all come crashing down.

Yup. Women voters will carry this election across the finish line. Even better that it's a WOC leading the ticket this time around, too.ย 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 47.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Armani? said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Wow every state is so close ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

2 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

this man is senile ๐Ÿ’€

Ah, that was so clear, thanks Mr Dump

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

this man is senile ๐Ÿ’€

And the fact his supporter hear this and are like "Absolutely, yes! He gets it!" :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

this man is senile ๐Ÿ’€

Cognitive decline they say

14 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

And the fact his supporter hear this and are like "Absolutely, yes! He gets it!" :deadbanana2:

They're just as dense as he is. Heย neverย makes sense.

ย 

I'll never understand how anyone with a functioning brain can hear Trump speak and say yes, lets put this man in the highest political office. It's never about substantive policies with them. They treat politics like they would their favorite sport, it's all about sticking it to the opposing side. Neoliberals are also like this when opposing Leftists just for the sake of it.ย :rip: ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ย 

Peltola won the open primary with 51%. Maybe Democrats are the ones being underestimated in polls... :katie:

• Like 3

ย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GhostBox said:

this man is senile ๐Ÿ’€

Not to go all #ResistLib suburban mom from Scotsdale here, but it really does piss me off how much the media just gives Trump a pass for things that they would absolutely never give Biden/Harris a pass for :rip:ย If Biden had given a rambling incoherent answer like this while he was still running, we would have gotten four NYT op-eds about it by now. None of this is to say the media was wrong for discussing Biden's cognitive issues (I was probably literally the very first person in this thread to jump on the "Biden is too old to run again and that's what's going to cost the Dems this election if he stays in" train), but it's infuriating for the same media organizations who reported on that nonstop because it's part of their "journalistic duty" or whatever to suddenly be silent whenever Trump does literally the exact same thing, if not even worse.ย 

• Thanks 10

4 minutes ago, shelven said:

Not to go all #ResistLib suburban mom from Scotsdale here, but it really does piss me off how much the media just gives Trump a pass for things that they would absolutely never give Biden/Harris a pass for :rip:ย If Biden had given a rambling incoherent answer like this while he was still running, we would have gotten four NYT op-eds about it by now. None of this is to say the media was wrong for discussing Biden's cognitive issues (I was probably literally the very first person in this thread to jump on the "Biden is too old to run again and that's what's going to cost the Dems this election if he stays in" train), but it's infuriating for the same media organizations who reported on that nonstop because it's part of their "journalistic duty" or whatever to suddenly be silent whenever Trump does literally the exact same thing, if not even worse.ย 

As someone who watches right wing news and some Trump rallies just for the mess it really is frustrating. This childcare statement isn't a one time thing. He has been like this the past year. Someone asks a question and he never answers it. He goes on rambling about how only he can save the country and then deflects to nicknames with a sprinkle of doom and gloom. I don't think I've heard him lay out actual policy that makes sense and/or a plan.ย 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

ย 

• Thanks 1

This was a good interview. I love how down to earth Doug is.

ย 

ย 

6 hours ago, Vermillion said:

@BeenTheShitย I actually like Alyssa on The View because they wouldn't be able to have a semblance of a show with a MAGA loyalist, but her recent neocon wishlist bullets (in addition to Jan. 6th) as to why she's not voting for Trump (or Kamala) I found fascinating and a great microcosm of how drastically the party's changed. Quoting her:

ย 

- His 180 turn on banning TikTok

- His wish to start another tariff-based trade war with China which would translate to a sales tax

- His 180 turn on IVF - now wants the government paying for it (went out of her way to mention the $40K price tag, half per visit)

- Stopping funding for weaponry for Ukraine

I also like her, but I think she's playing coy and trying to hold out until the end to say she's voting for Kamala.ย  She's said before that Trump needs to be defeated at all costs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't ask for much, I just ask for:ย 

ย 

-a hairy stud to bend me ofer

ย 

-my favorite football team to be good

ย 

-trump to lose in November and then hold Kamala's feet to the fire as president.ย 
ย 

Thanks for coming to my ted talkย 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

:deadbanana:

ย 

ย 

He said this just to piss me off specifically, I know it

2 hours ago, Armani? said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Okay so it really is mega close in a lot of these places. Hoping Kamala can crack AZ with the help of abortion and Kari Lake. It felt really nice having Biden win AZ last time.

ย 

I need PA to come home to us though. I hate how it's neck and neck.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.