2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

18 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

Could you imagine if Meghan was still on the show?ย :lakitu:

I have a running theory that she went further right after meeting and marrying The Federalist's Ben Domenech, which still gives her too much credit. Also the latter made fun of her Dad on multiple occasions prior to them meeting, but whatever. I guess the shamelessness is baked in.ย 

ย 

And no, I can't picture anyone else on the show in that chair other than S.E. Cupp nor her still on it - the animosity was too built up over Covid. But the former premise doesn't hold water as they all admitted (other than Meghan and Whoopi who didn't take it) their 2020 primary quiz revealed they were all Bloomberg supporters :rip:ย They didn't reveal why but the elephant in the room was taxation.

ย 

On either side of the political spectrum, I can't picture Mary Katherine Ham, Briahna Joy Gray, or Krystal Ball doing the pop culture segments :rip:ย 

ย 

The show gets eyeballs from a powerful voting block and drives narratives more than anyone's willing to admit so despite its endless faults, I will continue watching closely.

• Like 1

• Replies 47.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

3 hours ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Not surprising but Lichtman has made his final predictionย 

I hate this keys nonsense so it is a shame that he has predicted for Kamala. If he'd predicted Trump we could celebrate his fall into irrelevance if Trump lostย 

Now he's either right or it's Trump presidency so lose loseย :laugh:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dabunique said:

ย 

I expected these numbers to be MUCH lower for Kamala. Interesting.

37 minutes ago, Harriser said:

I hate this keys nonsense so it is a shame that he has predicted for Kamala. If he'd predicted Trump we could celebrate his fall into irrelevance if Trump lostย 

This dude is so annoying dskfjhfkjhsd. He's been struggling since Biden dropped out. :ahh:ย I specifically remember him saying the Dems didn't lose the "incumbency key" with Kamala stepping in but now he's changed his mind. :rip:ย 

ย 

ย 

45 minutes ago, Vermillion said:

I have a running theory that she went further right after meeting and marrying The Federalist's Ben Domenech, which still gives her too much credit. Also the latter made fun of her Dad on multiple occasions prior to them meeting, but whatever. I guess the shamelessness is baked in.ย 

ย 

And no, I can't picture anyone else on the show in that chair other than S.E. Cupp nor her still on it - the animosity was too built up over Covid. But the former premise doesn't hold water as they all admitted (other than Meghan and Whoopi who didn't take it) their 2020 primary quiz revealed they were all Bloomberg supporters :rip:ย They didn't reveal why but the elephant in the room was taxation.

ย 

On either side of the political spectrum, I can't picture Mary Katherine Ham, Briahna Joy Gray, or Krystal Ball doing the pop culture segments :rip:ย 

ย 

The show gets eyeballs from a powerful voting block and drives narratives more than anyone's willing to admit so despite its endless faults, I will continue watching closely.

She's like so many white women: completely changed her view on the world to cater to her right-wing husband. It's insane to me how you could fall in line with someone and a party that has ravaged your father's memory for the past decade. Absolutely pathetically spineless.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vermillion said:

ย 

Them superpowers getting neutralized, I can only watch in silence

The famous actor we once knew is lookin' paranoid and now spiralin'

Rasmussen with only the Trump +1. Oh boy..ย 

ย 

ย 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

So... if Bibi is really the person in the way of a true ceasefire deal, can't we just CIA him out of power?

ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Not surprising but Lichtman has made his final predictionย 

I actually think his keys are pretty decent indicators but I'm not 100% certain with how he called some of them (economy, social unrest, etc)

ย 

Still, with the influx of R polls again today I am starting to wonder if Kamala genuinely is the one who's being underestimated now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Relampago. said:

I actually think his keys are pretty decent indicators but I'm not 100% certain with how he called some of them (economy, social unrest, etc)

ย 

Still, with the influx of R polls again today I am starting to wonder if Kamala genuinely is the one who's being underestimated now.

Welcome to the winning team, King.ย :gaygacat9:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Sannie said:

Welcome to the winning team, King.ย :gaygacat9:

ย 

ย 

I meanโ€ฆ let's look at the material. Like what's going on? It's almost as if they're trying to pack the polls with R polls before the debate or something. I wonder if they're feeling Trump might not do so well. I actually am kind of thinking he might do well just by making little quips ala "You'd be in jail" and "I'm not sure what he said, I don't think he does either" cause the bad is so low for him but maybe he might bomb.ย 

ย 

Either way, the suspicious polling aside, the bellwethers, polls underestimating dems in 2022 and this guy predicting a Kamala win gives me Trump 2016 teas. But who knows!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Meanwhile Trump back in court today and hmmm

ย 

ย 

Edited by FameFatale
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harriser said:

Okay because why was my first thought when I saw his prediction "well Harris losing would be terrible but at least now one good thing will come out of it" :dies:ย Although you just know if she lost, he'd just come up with some BS retroactive excuse to keep his "streak" alive, like how Biden dropping out "messed with the traditional keys" or something :deadbanana2:ย He basically did the same thing when he defended his Gore 2000 prediction by saying that the keys predict the popular vote winner, yet also views his Trump 2016 prediction as correct even though he lost the popular vote :rip:ย Truly a hack.ย 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Communion said:

Not with the way her social media marketing is for some reason having her ads constantly pop-up for me on Twitter. Her SEO game is flopping.ย :suburban:

ย 

Screenshot-2024-09-04-at-10-49-31-PM.png

My Twitter is also nonstop Alsobrooks ads in Atlanta

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sannie said:

This dude is so annoying dskfjhfkjhsd. He's been struggling since Biden dropped out. :ahh:ย I specifically remember him saying the Dems didn't lose the "incumbency key" with Kamala stepping in but now he's changed his mind. :rip:ย 

ย 

He said if Biden resigned and Kamala became president Dems would hold the incumbency key.

ย 

Like yea, he's a clown but if you're going to post about him you should have your facts rightย 

24 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

ย 

ย 

I meanโ€ฆ let's look at the material. Like what's going on? It's almost as if they're trying to pack the polls with R polls before the debate or something. I wonder if they're feeling Trump might not do so well. I actually am kind of thinking he might do well just by making little quips ala "You'd be in jail" and "I'm not sure what he said, I don't think he does either" cause the bad is so low for him but maybe he might bomb.ย 

ย 

Either way, the suspicious polling aside, the bellwethers, polls underestimating dems in 2022 and this guy predicting a Kamala win gives me Trump 2016 teas. But who knows!

I like to look at the polls (from quality pollsters) to look at the trend line ect... HOWEVER, these flip flopping, packing points for the trump because they're a (R) pollsters, are so annoying and pointless. Literal fraud and doesn't mean anything, just numbers to make Trump and their base feel good. What I care about is the enthusiasm, voter registrations, the rallys, ect ect.. At the end of the day, they can create these poll numbers from thin air and misguide people, but the people will show out and speak when it comes time for the election. If anything, doing this kind of thing will only be a disservice because they're going to think they're winning and whatnot.ย 

1 hour ago, DR0GO said:

wait a damn minute, these polls suggest Florida will be closer than I think we all thought? don't think it will flip still but it will be close!

42 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Girl, we've been saying but you were unable to see the forest through the trees! It's clear these people are panicking because nothing they're attempting is working. A decent debate performance by Kamala has the power to put a nail in that corpse's coffin.

• Like 3

Trump's downfall will be legendary. I cannot wait to see it all come crashing down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, DR0GO said:

Trump's downfall will be legendary. I cannot wait to see it all come crashing down.

I'm such a psychology nerd and would love to see the research studies on it. :rip:ย  Especially the rise of MAGA and disinformation.ย 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DR0GO said:

Same. I was just talking to a friend the other day how messy so many Cubans are, esp. those that live in FL.

ย 

I swear the conversation wasn't racist but if you know, you know.ย 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.