2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

23 minutes ago, BeenTheShit said:

ย 

I'm shocked there isn't a few more names on that list. They spit off the same talking points. Like Charlie Kirk, Steven Crowder, Tucker Carlsonโ€ฆ etc.ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 48k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

39 minutes ago, shelven said:

I think Nate Silver's problem boils down to the fact that deep in his gut, he doesn't actually believe what he logically preaches about how polling error isn't predictable across election cycles and past error isn't indicative of future error. He knows his model suffered in 2020 because of bad polling and even though he ironically made the best 2016 model out of every major model out there, he still gets scapegoated for the failures of electoral horserace analysis in 2016. He's probably freaking out at the thought of being the political world's punching bag for a third presidential cycle in a row, so his decision-making with his model and his analysis is subconsciously guided by a belief that there will be another polling error in Trump's favour so that he can't be blamed again if Harris loses.ย 

ย 

None of this is a defense of him, since he makes a stupid amount of money doing this and that should come with not letting your own personal biases and anxieties get in the way of your job. But it's pretty clear he believes Trump is going to overperform the polls even if he rationally knows there's no reason why that should be a more likely outcome than any other polling error.

I wonder if the money aspect is what fuels it all. If he can piss both sides off, that means more money for him.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

I'm shocked there isn't a few more names on that list. They spit off the same talking points. Like Charlie Kirk, Steven Crowder, Tucker Carlsonโ€ฆ etc.ย 

This is probably just the beginning and I'm sure there will be more people exposed as the investigation continues.

• Thanks 1

Cackling at the MAGAs having to use the easily-manipulated betting markets because ever GOP polling firms have Kamala ahead.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vermillion said:

ย 

Yeah because "we promise Trump said awful things but we're not actually going to let you hear them for yourself with your own ears" hasย reallyย hurt Trump in the past, it definitely hasn't been the entire reason his approval rating isn't in the toilet and why this race is so close :deadbanana:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Communion said:

You're not getting it. The entire point is that your self-preservation doesn't compare to the horrors inflicted on Palestine. By goodness, I'm speaking of the self-grandizing done to frame one's self as choosing a "tough but sensible" path to "protect themselves and their loved ones".

ย 

Is Donad Trump going to kill 67 Million Americans if elected? Will one-fifth of America perish under Trump as Gaza is rushing towards?

ย 

If not, I think there's something to be said about Americans not insulting those their country oppresses by trying to conflate the luxuries and comforts of living within the belly of the beast with being a victim under American hegemony.ย 

ย 

This is the issue with the "don't shame people" rhetoric and people wanting to be able to vote for whoever without the ramifications staring back at them. The vast majority of Americans will not know what it's like to fear being genocided. The American identity is not the protagonist in the world's story, whose feelings and inner monologie define the parameters and perspective of the conversation. The American is the antagonist and the *warranted* discomfort and guilt of such is the contradiction Americans must reconcile with and live under.ย 

Thank you for the 3 paragraphs sayingย  what boils down to "is Donald really gonna be the worse option"? I know he's not gonna commit genocide but neither is Kamala. But reading Project 2025 and how it will make our country go from a democracy to a dicatorship, it might as well be eventually that. But you want me to keep feeling so guilty about making a option for something that is more complicated than voting or not voting for president as if (and I will say for the millionth time) pressuring our government to stop supporting Israel isn't the best option for us period.ย 

ย 

Also what the flying f makes you think we don't insult our country every single time we get the chance? The country is literally divided for a reason. Half think it's **** as it is while the other is willfully choosing to be blinded by what the country as done. Shame me all you like but I know voting isn't gonna change the world issues when both sides are on the same conclusions. The protesting, donating to help the victims, and pressuring our government with other countries ( like the UK recently) doing the same to stop supporting Israel. I don't want to know about being genocided. My family left a country that had that happen in the 60s for me to not knowย  that. And I will avoid anything possible for that to not happen. The American Identity has Nothing to do with my own decision to want to PROTECT MYSELF.

• Like 1

This discussion boils down to:

ย 

User makes thread over nonsensical question brings it here, I respond by telling them how nonsensical it is and still answer their question, give my reason why I'm voting, asks a question they never respond to.

ย 

Other user jumps in acting like I don't know what I'm saying, respond with knowing what I'm saying and not in sidelines like people who talk about voting here and out of here are.

ย 

Third user comes in acting like I don't shame myself enough for being American. LOL

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Saw a few clips from trumps town hall and the way he forgot who he was running against for a second ๐Ÿ’€

ย 

the man is gone ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, JBJT2786 said:

I know he's not gonna commit genocide but neither is Kamala

You mean against you?

ย 

This is again the point. Vote for Kamala. Do what you want. But you have to realize the material relationship between your support for her in relation to Palestinians is no different than what you understand to be the material relationship Republicans have against you. You're not protecting your own and just looking out for you. You're perpetuating others' suffering for your personal gain, no differently than Republicans.

ย 

It feels silly to bring it to stan wars but it feels like the cognitive dissonance of pop girls working with producers accused of rape and their stans being like "why can't I just enjoy things???".

ย 

You're literally going "oh so people are just going to come in here and shame Harris' voters???" Yes. Sit there and be ashamed. Take that **** to heart. Cause only hit dogs holler.ย 

ย 

If someone is entering your DMs and personally threatening you, report it to a mod. But no one's actually doing anything to you. Ruining "the vibes" isn't a personal offense or something you can have a chip on your shoulder over. Let the vibes be ruined for as long as Harris endorses genocide.

ย 

Trying to speak up against complaints or taunts that Harris is a genocider doesn't do anything, especially when you seemingly can only try to retort with: "yes, and?".

ย 

If Trump supporters didn't want people calling Trump a rapist, he shouldn't have committed rape. If Harris supporters dont want people calling her a genoxider, she simply should not aid and abet Israel in genocide. If it was actually tearing you up inside, one would think you'd just ignore said posts. But in a sad irony, the tension doesn't even seem rooted in emotional guilt but a paranoia that allowing people to rightfully drag a candidate will eventually contribute to depressed turnout and you can't have a massive platform like ATRL influence the election in any way of course !ย :suburban:

Edited by Communion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

Saw a few clips from trumps town hall and the way he forgot who he was running against for a second ๐Ÿ’€

ย 

the man is gone ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

Had an hour "town hall" and took zero audience questions :rip:ย 

Those debate rules are a mess just leave the mics unmuted if you're gonna do all of thatย :psyduck:

• Like 2

On 9/3/2024 at 9:07 PM, Communion said:

People are going to respond with the same old retorts but it's odd that they're channeling him to push progressive rhetoric while Harris does a hard-right pivot and yet his approvals clearly are over and over again better than her's. Why isn't she promoting the idea of making pensions the norm again and bringing them back over 401(k)s? Hearing a candidate say this is amazing! It's... just not the right candidate!

ย 

ย 

Anyway, those of y'all denying the vision of the prophetess are goofy when even the twitter libs are agreeing with me.ย :suburban:

ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Communion said:

Anyway, those of y'all denying the vision of the prophetess are goofy when even the twitter libs are agreeing with me.ย :suburban:

ย 

I'm sure the Walz/Alsobrooks 2028 campaign will be very successful and they will stop Trump's 3rd termย 

This CNN poll is all over the place

ย 

:suburban:

2 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

I'm sure the Walz/Alsobrooks 2028 campaign will be very successful and they will stop Trump's 3rd termย 

Not with the way her social media marketing is for some reason having her ads constantly pop-up for me on Twitter. Her SEO game is flopping.ย :suburban:

ย 

Screenshot-2024-09-04-at-10-49-31-PM.png

My twitter is basically her ads and this horrific masterpiece:

On 8/28/2024 at 8:56 PM, Communion said:

There's a... very interesting Twitter ad that places all the GOP Senate candidates in some Avengers movie style mash-up movie poster and it's..... an odd choice of an ad.

ย 

5 minutes ago, Communion said:

ย 

I just KNOW Kari is fuming about being off to the side and looking faded out like a ghost

ย 

:suburban:

• Haha 5

ย 

Lauren Chen is apparently taking millions from Russiaย :deadbanana4:ย I remember when she used to be one of the more "reasonable" conservative commentators

3 hours ago, FameFatale said:

ย 

I hope he hires Kellyanne Conway again. I heard a rumor he was thinking about it. She was constantly leaking everything to reporters

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.