2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

ย 

• Like 1

• Replies 48.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

GWolzdzXIAAFNX4?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Relampago. said:

ย 

At this point of the race, Michigan is the least likely to go to Trump of the swing states tbh lol

Trump really has had zero campaign events this week until a rally in Wisconsin this Saturday.ย :deadbanana:ย Vance has a little event in Arizona tomorrow, but that's it.ย 

• Like 2

ย 

Not looking like the Avatar Fire Lorddess picked up any new notable Republican lites since the speech for nowย 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Communion said:

People are going to respond with the same old retorts but it's odd that they're channeling him to push progressive rhetoric while Harris does a hard-right pivot and yet his approvals clearly are over and over again better than her's. Why isn't she promoting the idea of making pensions the norm again and bringing them back over 401(k)s? Hearing a candidate say this is amazing! It's... just not the right candidate!

ย 

ย 

Kamalas numbers are worse than his because he is a new VP pick with absolutely no previous national profile. It's basic politics - New VPs have good numbers, which is why JD Vance is so unusual. Maybe a little bit in there about how he is a better communicator than her.

That he is more progressive than she is (an idea I find questionable given their respective congressional records) has nothing to do with it. But anything to push the narrative that Kamala is a right winger so you should vote for ms grifter in chief Jill Steinย :laugh:

ย 

The Trump assassination attempt being in Pennsylvania definitely could have cost Democrats this election. The polling consistently has Michigan and Wiscinson more favourable to Kamala than PA in a way I don't recall from the 2020 election. Very worrying, will the trend of them voting together hold up :katie:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Relampago. said:

ย 

There also hasn't been much quality polling period.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Harriser said:

Kamalas numbers are worse than his because he is a new VP pick with absolutely no previous national profile. It's basic politics - New VPs have good numbers, which is why JD Vance is so unusual. Maybe a little bit in there about how he is a better communicator than her.

That he is more progressive than she is (an idea I find questionable given their respective congressional records) has nothing to do with it. But anything to push the narrative that Kamala is a right winger so you should vote for ms grifter in chief Jill Steinย :laugh:

ย 

You lost them here. :rip:

ย 

ย 

24 minutes ago, Harriser said:

The Trump assassination attempt being in Pennsylvania definitely could have cost Democrats this election. The polling consistently has Michigan and Wiscinson more favourable to Kamala than PA in a way I don't recall from the 2020 election. Very worrying, will the trend of them voting together hold up :katie:

Yes, it will. IMO.

ย 

14 minutes ago, tiejc said:

ย 

ย 

"These numbers spell doom for the Harris campaign." - Nate Silver

Edited by Sannie

Even if Kamala wins, life is going to be hell until at least January because of the Trumpers. I'm already exhausted either way.ย :gaycat6:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harriser said:

Kamalas numbers are worse than his because he is a new VP pick with absolutely no previous national profile.

You're playing with fallacies.ย 

ย 

You can't in earnest suggest you think at any point point Tim Walz's approvals are going to crater during Harris' presidency like Harris' cratered during Biden's. It'd be more respectable to just blame it on race and gender than whatever you're trying here.ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, Harriser said:

It's basic politics

1) You're Australianย 

2) Again, this attitude coming from a foreign chaos agent wouldn't be off-putting if it wasn't as smarmy as it was. You're acting more informed yet seemingly don't grasp that the issue being taken is with how Dems corner themselves into having to have a ticket that is "ideologically diverse". Why don't Republicans have a liberal on their ticket? Why can the GOP be so electorally successful with their small tent?

ย 

Democrats are the only ones who pivot to "balancing" out a presidential ticket on a claim of ideology.ย 

ย 

Obama picked Biden to his right.ย 

Clinton picked Kaine to her right.ย 

Biden picked Harris to his left.ย 

ย 

This isn't some oddly or unexpected observation. It's conventional wisdom on why Democrats pick the VPs they do.ย 

ย 

You're objectively lying if you're suggesting Walz is not meant to be a progressive foil to Harris and that Harris hasn't made a huge lurch to the right on every policy issue.ย 

ย 

Why are you unable to explain the Democratic calculus that a black woman has to be conservative and a white mam can be a folksy progressive? Who in the American electorate that would eveh bother voting for Democrat finds a folksy progressive white man appealing but would be turned off if Harris was as a passionate progressive instead of a right wing moderate former prosecutor?ย 

ย 

If you can't even acknowledge the basic marketing and political branding fundamentals at play here, you're not just trolling but trolling over something that's frankly not even your business.ย 

ย 

Why don't Republicans have to do this same ideological stretch?

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And we have our first mass shooting of the new school year.ย  Multiple victims were reported via hospital and the suspect is in custody per police.

ย 

Edited by BeenTheShit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FameFatale said:

ย 

It's 2016 all over again. The marginal polling, the appeasing centre rights, ignoring progressives, underestimating of Trump and accusing Russia of interference as if that'll do anything to move the needle. Terrifying. :sherlock:

Edited by Blankspace2010
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just saw my 1st Kristen McDonald Rivet ad about securing the border and fighting drug cartels

ย 

Very clearly issues here in Michigan

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952f8zaefazydjfshuqrl

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Just saw my 1st Kristen McDonald Rivet ad about securing the border and fighting drug cartels

ย 

Are they not?ย 

• Thumbs Down 1

ย 

54 minutes ago, Armani? said:

ย 

Sure she means the Canadian border, right?ย 

ย 

ย 

• Haha 4

ย 

We were asked to remain civil and move the discussion to the election thread, happy to!

ย 

Let me ask the question again: would you still vote for Kamala over Trump if she was facilitating the bombing of African Americans in the United States? (I know it's hypothetical - but close your eyes and imagine, you can do it girlies)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, family.guy123 said:

Are they not?ย 

No, and I don't think the race is that close here to have to desperately appeal to Republicans with these parody adsย 

ย 

It will very likely be a +8 lead for her at minimum, Kildee was +10 2 years ago. Just stick to the economic policies & abortion lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, heckinglovato said:

ย 

We were asked to remain civil and move the discussion to the election thread, happy to!

ย 

Let me ask the question again: would you still vote for Kamala over Trump if she was facilitating the bombing of African Americans in the United States? (I know it's hypothetical - but close your eyes and imagine, you can do it girlies)

She wouldn't even be nominated in this country if that happened. We have a democracy. Your question makes no sense. I'm not closing my eyes on something so stupid that has nothing to do with the actual election.ย 

ย 

As for the actual issue you're addressing I'll go back to what I said on the thread:

ย 

I get it. You'reย  upset neither one of our candidates are good when it comes to YOUR issue. But if you think for one secondย  not voting is an option for us you have another thing coming. As much as I sympathize with the Palestinians and wanted a ceasefire and NETANYAHUย  goes to jail as much as Hamas, I also have issues in this country that will effect my family and friends if a Trump presidency goes through. So because our government system is messed up and any option wouldn't be a good one cuz its clear there's a bunch of Israeli influence in this country, I'm picking Harris anyway.

ย 

ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

28 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

ย 

This is sooo stupid ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.