2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

• Replies 48.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Another high spending ad against Ted Cruz

• Like 4

Ouuu queen kinda ate this up and made the same points I was thinking when listening to AOC lol. 

Dems have no ground to stand on when it comes to being predatory, so that was a very strange angle for AOC to take with her point. But again, I feel like AOC did make a point when she said Stein does this for ego points and I do think her last point here about AOC "stealing" the Green Party's key issue in the Green New Deal leaned into that. 

But it doesn't really matter at the end of the day, pretty much anyone who runs for office is going to have an ego. Much like when people said Bernie didn't care about the progressive movement by not stepping aside for Liz, I don't really care who gets us to the GND, M4A or anything else, or if they were doing it all for themselves in the end. I just care that we get there and unfortunately Democrats don't seem set on promising that, and what little they do promise, they rarely deliver or stand by it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

C-can I say something? :eli: 

Only if it's about J*ke T*pper babes, I can't get there with the McCain boy.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

The View needs to BOOK HIM NOW! :oh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

I kinda have to laugh at the assassination becoming such a flop :dies: 

The irony kinda is that if gun violence wasn't so common in the US, we all probably would have been collectively more shocked, but since we can pick up a gun at our local grocery store with any $30 purchase we all gagged for 2 minutes then went on with our lives like we always do after a gun related event.

Poor Trump and other Republicans shooting themselves in the foot. :fan: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

Ouuu queen kinda ate this up and made the same points I was thinking when listening to AOC lol. 

Dems have no ground to stand on when it comes to being predatory, so that was a very strange angle for AOC to take with her point. But again, I feel like AOC did make a point when she said Stein does this for ego points and I do think her last point here about AOC "stealing" the Green Party's key issue in the Green New Deal leaned into that. 

But it doesn't really matter at the end of the day, pretty much anyone who runs for office is going to have an ego. Much like when people said Bernie didn't care about the progressive movement by not stepping aside for Liz, I don't really care who gets us to the GND, M4A or anything else, or if they were doing it all for themselves in the end. I just care that we get there and unfortunately Democrats don't seem set on promising that, and what little they do promise, they rarely deliver or stand by it. 

AOC PELOSI ohhh I spat out my drink!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Armani? said:

Another high spending ad against Ted Cruz

Oooo so the rumors that his camp had plans post Labor Day were true. With how close this race is, maybe this will help. This would be second most satisfying win in November. 

2 hours ago, FameFatale said:

just goes to show how morally bankrupt his sister is. She's such a FAT loser. 

good for him. It's good to see decent republicans switch over to the Dems. All the republicans can get are fake Dems switching over to benefit themselves lol. 

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

I kinda have to laugh at the assassination becoming such a flop :dies: 

The irony kinda is that if gun violence wasn't so common in the US, we all probably would have been collectively more shocked, but since we can pick up a gun at our local grocery store with any $30 purchase we all gagged for 2 minutes then went on with our lives like we always do after a gun related event.

Poor Trump and other Republicans shooting themselves in the foot. :fan: 

wait, what? You only have to spend $30 to get a gun? It's a minimum purchase of $50 here. :mad: Thanks, Kamala. 

• Haha 5

People are going to respond with the same old retorts but it's odd that they're channeling him to push progressive rhetoric while Harris does a hard-right pivot and yet his approvals clearly are over and over again better than her's. Why isn't she promoting the idea of making pensions the norm again and bringing them back over 401(k)s? Hearing a candidate say this is amazing! It's... just not the right candidate!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

They better ask these questions during the debate 

Edited by GhostBox
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Communion said:

People are going to respond with the same old retorts but it's odd that they're channeling him to push progressive rhetoric while Harris does a hard-right pivot and yet his approvals clearly are over and over again better than her's. Why isn't she promoting the idea of making pensions the norm again and bringing them back over 401(k)s? Hearing a candidate say this is amazing! It's... just not the right candidate!

Wake this tea up! I'm tired of hearing about Kamala's favorables compared to Trump's when both are often negative and the only one on either ticket who is positive, and solidly so to boot, is Walz. 

Why pick a more progressive VP if you're just going to shift right? The way I was so sure she was going to begin moving left, slowly but surely, only for the DNC to happen and crush any hope I had of that.

I miss the excitement and hope I had when Walz was chosen. :monkey:

Edited by Relampago.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Can't wait until this election is over with :gaycat6:

3 hours ago, GhostBox said:

They better ask these questions during the debate 

What insane way to answer a question among the "Kamala can't answer questions" narrative his base is pushing.

It's not going to be hard for Kamala to get him to flounder if all it takes for him to do something like this is a little bit of pushback.

• Like 1

Aoc Pelosi is so funny but Jill stein still sucks 

4 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Why pick a more progressive VP if you're just going to shift right? 

I feel like there's a rather simple answer to this question but maybe it's just me 

I would rather vote for an uncooked legume than vote for trump so Kamala Harris it is!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.