2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

1 hour ago, Communion said:

I think it should just be seen as a tight race as Trump has realized what two states he needs to win in order to win and is basically going from there.

ย 

ย 

Tbh it does still feel like a risky strategy on the Republican side because winning PA, GA and holding NC only scrapes Trump to 270 if he wins Maine CD2 (which I believe has had some polling where Kamala has led recently?).

ย 

They have to be banking on another state flipping - I guess Arizona based on their buys.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 48.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

16 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

Tbh it does still feel like a risky strategy on the Republican side because winning PA, GA and holding NC only scrapes Trump to 270 if he wins Maine CD2 (which I believe has had some polling where Kamala has led recently?).

ย 

They have to be banking on another state flipping - I guess Arizona based on their buys.

It's kind of insane they're only banking on PA from the looks of it. It is the most important state, but if she wins NV and AZ then she doesn't need PA. They're kind of acting like HRC with the confidence.ย 
ย 

edit: idk how to do math. She would still need to keep GA or flip NC so I'm gonna need Kamala to triple her ad spending in Pa.ย 
ย 

hmmmm, this is clever coming from the Trump people. The only way for Kamala to combat this is to come out in favor of an arms embargo.ย 

ย 

Edited by Sannie
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shelven said:

Honestly it would feel like a poetically chaotic conclusion to this election cycle if Trump ended up taking NC for granted like Hillary did with the Blue Wall and as a result we end up with this ridiculous map that basically nobody saw comingย :deadbanana:

ย 

KxxtCIw.png

Omg imagine PA being called earlier in the night (lol) for trump and we all think it's over and then she wins NC and then we wake up the next morning to her winning AZ and NV. :jonny: The hope MAGA would have being dashed would feel so good.ย 
ย 

but tbh I want election night over asap. If Kamala wins PA then it'll be easier to sleep if the other results haven't come in.ย 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Omg imagine PA being called earlier in the night (lol) for trump and we all think it's over and then she wins NC and then we wake up the next morning to her winning AZ and NV. :jonny: The hope MAGA would have being dashed would feel so good.ย 
ย 

but tbh I want election night over asap. If Kamala wins PA then it'll be easier to sleep if the other results haven't come in.ย 

PA has laws that mean counting of mail-in ballots can't happen until election day so PA is going to possibly take days to be declared.

• Like 1

It's so odd seeing PA be THE battleground state everyone is terrified about when I was certain it'd be Wisonsin. The trends in Wisconsin are basically relient on dane county having max turnout for the Dems to have any kind of chance they're that bad.ย 
ย 

PA, MI, WI always vote in tandem. I can't see that changingย 

ย 

He was feeling the pressure back in 2021? And he's only doubled down and become more and more pro-genocide in the years sinceย 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

24 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

He was feeling the pressure back in 2021? And he's only doubled down and become more and more pro-genocide in the years sinceย 

Not surprised you'd do anything to feel rage, even believe an article that has no citation, from a rando online.

ย 

do you let others beat your heart and constrict your lungs for you? Because you clearly don't do any thinking for yourselfย 

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

Is Blaire White fighting to be the top trans Maga pick me?:rip:

1 hour ago, thesegayz said:

Not surprised you'd do anything to feel rage, even believe an article that has no citation, from a rando online.

ย 

do you let others beat your heart and constrict your lungs for you? Because you clearly don't do any thinking for yourselfย 

So you don't think Joe Biden lamented to Bibi that his party wouldn't let him be as genocidally pro-Israel as he truly deeply wants? Have you not been paying attention to the 11 months of free diplomatic cover Biden has given him while Bibi has gone out of his way to humiliate him on the world stage?

ย 

Through the course of the 1970s and early 1980s, as disillusionment with the Vietnam War gave way to the revival of Cold War passions in the last years of Jimmy Carter's presidency and the triumph of Ronald Reagan, Biden drew closer to Jackson politically, taking instruction from this unreconstructed advocate for militarism. In hisย 1983 eulogy for Jackson, again delivered on the Senate floor, Biden singled out in particular Jackson's militant pro-Israel position, which Biden came to adopt as his own. According to Biden, on the matter of Israel, "Scoop Jackson changed a major part of my political life."

ย 

Yet Biden knows better than anyone that Scoop Jackson's belligerent foreign policy, including the commitment to giving Israel a virtual blank check of American support, has been losing ground in the Democratic Party for decades. According to Benjamin Netanyahu, in 2021 Biden emphasized to him in a private conversation that domestic pressures were making it difficult for Biden to be as pro-Israel as he wanted. Bidenย reportedly said, "Bibi, I gotta tell you, I'm coming under a lot of pressure back here. This is not Scoop Jackson's Democratic Party."

if you desperately need a citation for the above then here you go:ย https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/biden-henry-jackson-cold-war-liberalism/tnamp/

ย 

You can always google something for yourself instead of constantly insulting my intelligence and accusing me of being unable to think for myself.ย 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, thesegayz said:

ย 

https://forward.com/news/521364/benjamin-netanyahu-memoir-israel-biden-trump/?amp=1

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GhostBox said:

ย 

All the more reason for Kamala to bring his age up during the debate.

ย 

2 hours ago, Armani? said:

Is Blaire White fighting to be the top trans Maga pick me?:rip:

It's only a matter of time before she adopts the "I'm not actually a woman, I'm a man in a wig" narrative.

ย 

-------

ย 

If the media reports about Bibi basically saying "**** the hostages" is true, the Biden admin has no reason to hold back on an embargo. They've always held onto the "bring the hostages home" narrative, so if the PM of Israel has stopped caring, we can too. It would be very easy to spin the narrative as "we're punishing a rogue PM for not caring about the hostages".

ย 

ย 

The Obama & Trump campaigns could never.ย :clap3:

ย 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, GhostBox said:

ย 

It's almost as if...it never actually was about age or mental decline. I mean, duh.

3 hours ago, thesegayz said:

even believe an article that has no citation, from a rando online

Liberals serving MAGA being unable to do indepedent research. It's a article published this year by The Nation. The link to the article is literally in the replies?ย :deadbanana4:

ย 

ย 

Edited by Communion
  • Thanks 3

She has arrived and by she i mean da bus LOL

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by dabunique
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sannie said:

All the more reason for Kamala to bring his age up during the debate.

And that'll open her up to the attack for helping cover up Biden's very obvious mental decline. Would be well-earned criticism as well. :bibliahh:ย 
ย 

2 hours ago, Sannie said:

If the media reports about Bibi basically saying "**** the hostages" is true, the Biden admin has no reason to hold back on an embargo.

Have you not been paying attention? Joe Biden has a deeply rooted ideological commitment to the Israel project. His reverence for the apartheid state are the feature, not a bug, and go beyond Netanyahu. If Bibi came out today and directly endorsed Donald Trump as the one he would like to see as the leader he'd be cooperating with moving forward, Biden (and also Harris for that matter) would still be kissing his ass and providing him diplomatic cover at the UN.

Edited by ClashAndBurn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

21 minutes ago, dabunique said:

She has arrived and by she i mean da bus LOL

ย 

ย 

ย 

I live just outside and north of Orlando and let me tell you, I have seen many Harris/Walz signs and not one Trump yard sign (aside from a few fading bumper stickers on some cars). Veryyyy interesting!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Musicmajor said:

I live just outside and north of Orlando and let me tell you, I have seen many Harris/Walz signs and not one Trump yard sign (aside from a few fading bumper stickers on some cars). Veryyyy interesting!

Da I4 Corridor is gettin into formation

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Musicmajor said:

i'm literally a blue dot here in my hood in Miamiย 

ย 

flags are everywhere for this bastard lol

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.