2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

Anyway now let's turn to this poll :chick1:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

• Replies 44.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

I was literally just gonna post this and tag miss alien lmaoย 

ย 

ย 

The NC gubernatorial race being as close as it is, is really insane. Robinson is genuinely one of the most vile people to ever run for office. Not even Trump would say some of the things this man says...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Since we post a lot of tweets this had me tickled because it's true :deadbanana2:

ย 

ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

26 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

NV is lowkkey crucial bc it could offset other swingstate loses and get her to 270....:celestial5:

17 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

NV is lowkkey crucial bc it could offset other swingstate loses and get her to 270....:celestial5:

Nevada is the swing state with the least EVs, so it'd need to be paired with another Sun Belt state to really build a cushion.ย 

4 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Nevada is the swing state with the least EVs, so it'd need to be paired with another Sun Belt state to really build a cushion.ย 

You're not wrong but there's also this nightmare scenario. It's unlikely (WI would probably be red in this environment) but still possible:

ย 

DvmK3.png

ย 

3 minutes ago, Life Savers said:

You're not wrong but there's also this nightmare scenario. It's unlikely (WI would probably be red in this environment) but still possible:

ย 

DvmK3.png

ย 

That NE district always goes blue so Kamala would get to 270. :duca:ย 

3 minutes ago, Life Savers said:

ย 

DvmK3.png

ย 

I was more scared about this until I learned Tim Walz is from eastern Nebraska. I think NE-02 is secured.

• Like 2

Just now, Sannie said:

That NE district always goes blue so Kamala would get to 270. :duca:ย 

It went red in 2016.

Just now, Blade said:

It went red in 2016.

Shut up, Blade.ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Life Savers said:

ย 

DvmK3.png

ย 

You're forgetting Ne-2 which put Kamala at 270:ryan3:

ย 

R's would definitely try to steal it in either case thoย :eli:

ย 

Spoiler

The quoted account's username serving SYG drag

ย 

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Blade said:

ย 

ย  Hide contents

The quoted account's username serving SYG drag

ย 

Oh God, not looking forward to the "this one county came in and it tells us how the rest of the night will go" posts come election night.

• Like 2

i'll never forget election night 2020 when Miami Dade dropped and I was so sure it was joeverย :dies:ย and then it went on for like a week:dies:

, thankfully I was jobless and free to envelop myself in the madnessย :dies:

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

You're forgetting Ne-2 which put Kamala at 270:ryan3:

ย 

R's would definitely try to steal it in either case thoย :eli:

Months ago Charlie Kirk's little company was trying to work to get rid of it in the courts :rip:ย  I'm not sure what his deal is with that now.ย 

GUj2R5bW0AA7ztf?format=jpg&name=medium

ย 

I know this is kinda cheesy and on-the-nose, but this would be such a good ad campaign. Billboards and bus ads all across the US.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kamala winning with exactly 270 electoral votes would be such a nightmare :deadbanana2:ย Let's not manifest the tie scenario or winning by 1 vote, I would panicย :rip:ย 

ย 

Heading over to the rally in AZ today, hoping that there's some good moments after that Rasmussen poll. I can feel the honeymoon period ending quickly and even with the DNC around the corner, some positive press for today wouldn't hurtย 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Relampago. said:

Kamala winning with exactly 270 electoral votes would be such a nightmare :deadbanana2:ย Let's not manifest the tie scenario or winning by 1 vote, I would panicย :rip:ย 

ย 

Heading over to the rally in AZ today, hoping that there's some good moments after that Rasmussen poll. I can feel the honeymoon period ending quickly and even with the DNC around the corner, some positive press for today wouldn't hurtย 

That poll is, so far, statistical noise. Would wait for additional polls to come out post Walz pick before letting it bother you.

ย 

Have fun. I heard it's really hot out today so be safe!

Nightmare scenarios

• Thanks 1

Silver Bulletin:

ย 

After aย very strong pollย in Nevada, Kamala Harris is now a 57 percent favorite to win the Silver State, a big reversal from Joe Biden's consistently terrible polling there. Nevada only has a 3 percent chance of being the tipping-point state because it has only 6 electoral votes โ€” but it still opens up a few more pathways for Harris: Nevada's 6 electoral votes plus either Georgia or North Carolina's 15 could make up for the loss of Pennsylvania, for instance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.