Vinyl Talk | RSD 2024 is over... what'd you get?

James_Dean

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Kings.

• Attitude

• Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it even legal for them to say its only available for 1 week only and exclusive to her store for all four vinyl? and now they make a clock?? and now they're available literally everywhere at every major retailer? She can't keep getting away with this.. :toofunny3:

1 hour ago, James_Dean said:

I just know she's the reason why UO hasn't had the chance to press PCD's sophomore album, Doll Domination.

I just. know. it. 

6xT9Cat.gif

That damn mad woman.

Where is the Charli True Romance and Sucker repress?! I see some stores have it in Europe and are scalping prices on Discog?!

3 hours ago, Attitude said:

Taylor should invest in her own plant if she's going to continue to pull off this bs. :mandown:

This better not be why I have to wait 7 months for Usher’s My Way. 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Attitude said:

Taylor should invest in her own plant if she's going to continue to pull off this bs. :mandown:

Don't give her any ideas now

spacer.png

26 minutes ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

This better not be why I have to wait 7 months for Usher’s My Way. 

spacer.png

i've been listening to him a lot lately. i might purchase his 2 VMP exclusives.

this whole taylor mess is so crazy. is her marketing even legal, her store said it would be one week only and even had the countdown for how much time was left to purchase it. and to think i was gonna buy it and use those mail forwarding services since it was U.S only. 

4 hours ago, Attitude said:

she really should. i would not be surprised if she releases more vinyl exclusives before the album release. seems to me like she's trying to get a million copies sold first week

• ATRL Moderator

Taylor clogging the vinyl production more than Adele did at this point 

1 hour ago, thetea said:

she really should. i would not be surprised if she releases more vinyl exclusives before the album release. seems to me like she's trying to get a million copies sold first week

Let’s be real, this is the only reason she’s doing this. And let this be a lesson to us all to control our FOMO. It’s easier said than done, but if an artist has shown a pattern, believe it. 

This is why I don't get when people mention artist Taylor's 24892424 .99 cent physical editions, BTW first week tactics, Mariah discounts. All of our faves do it.

3 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

This is why I don't get when people mention artist Taylor's 24892424 .99 cent physical editions, BTW first week tactics, Mariah discounts. All of our faves do it.

I haven’t seen a Mariah discount since the early 2000s. What did I miss? Unless you count those Udiscover scams I pulled on my own accord to get those colored MC30 pressings for practically nothing.

But yes, most pop acts in particular — not all, but most — have pulled fast ones for chart success. 

28 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

thats why i find it stupid when people bring up discounts to drag artists. It's warranted sometimes with taylor's multiple 39 cent remixes, but it's been the industry standard for a long time so that artists can push their songs / albums to #1. 

22 minutes ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

Unless you count those Udiscover scams I pulled on my own accord to get those colored MC30 pressings for practically nothing.

this should've been me. if only I was collecting vinyl at that time

3 hours ago, suburbannature said:

And you seemed to have missed the major plot here, the plot being that pressing plants are backed up big time because of people like Taylor and her greed. Everything else you mentioned is irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Kings. said:

And you seemed to have missed the major plot here, the plot being that pressing plants are backed up big time because of people like Taylor and her greed. Everything else you mentioned is irrelevant.

Babes, what I said had nothing to do with that convo happening. I was making a separate point about physical edition chart tactics, but we love literacy.

I cancelled my Taylor vinyl, I was willing to take a risk before listening to the album (her only good albums are Red and 1989), but it looks like there will be plenty of copies laying around for me to listen to the album thoroughly first. :thing:

I swear if Madonna doesn’t have Hard Grammy and Erotica already in the works and this Midnight massacre has taken up her space for the promised releases we’re supposed to get next year, Ms. Swift…

spacer.png

Even worse if the album sucks and is just a pretty piece of wax aesthetic. Pitchforks! 

Edited by JCsNumba1Fan

4 hours ago, Kings. said:

@suburbannatureis just salty he missed out on the Butterfly 4LP.

:nicole2:

Hmm, I think I am going to cancel my Midnights order. This is just ridiculous. The whole rollout is mess.

Edited by Mellark

4 hours ago, JCsNumba1Fan said:

I swear if Madonna doesn’t have Hard Grammy and Erotica already in the works and this Midnight massacre has taken up her space for the promised releases we’re supposed to get next year, Ms. Swift…

spacer.png

Even worse if the album sucks and is just a pretty piece of wax aesthetic. Pitchforks! 

#WeHateTaylor

lTz9flZ.gif

Renaissance is being delivered today :hippo:

4 hours ago, Heldenzeit said:

JPC reduced Adele's 30 to 19,99€. I might get one. :fan:

It'll probably go lower. I'd wait. I've seen it on sale for 10 dollars. 

3 hours ago, Oktober Knight said:

Renaissance is being delivered today :hippo:

why have I seen no unboxing/in depth look at this vinyl?? only some photos lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.