K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

7 hours ago, Cotton said:

Red Velvet ATE that. :celestial5:

4 hours ago, Zack said:

It was supposed to be "over" for them apparently since 2020, so why is their latest album snatching double platinum? :fan:

whew my queens serving TABS this comeback :jonny6:

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Zack said:

Yeah that ain't her best dance but it's the only one in HQ and where you can see her, the rest were just blurry clips. It's also when she first joined the dance crew, so a while before she got casted. 

When she joined SM nearly everything was deleted/private. There was also a clip of her singing and she sounded better than average for a dancer trainee so idk. 

I think she's a 2003/2004 liner so there's still a lot of time for her to debut, but I think SM made the right decision in the end for aespa's line up with the girls they had available. Helen should definitely debut though imo. She's stunning and the talent potential is there.

They can make it 5. Aespa is in need of a main dancer. Karina is not it 

this classic will turn 4 :gaycat5: 

Slowly but surely :jonny5:

5 minutes ago, Héloïse said:

original.gif

the way she ate PAB up :smitten:

Yeriana is underrated in general

she adds such a lovely vocal color to the group, and her visuals are really striking (especially when she’s styled well) imo

2 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

Yeriana is underrated in general

she adds such a lovely vocal color to the group, and her visuals are really striking (especially when she’s styled well) imo

I agree. I'm glad she got a couple parts to shine in Feel My Rhythm. Her raps are one of the highlights of the track. :smitten:

Winter and her annoying high notes but DCT smash hit :giraffe: their 2nd best TT 

Aespas PR team is amazing.

2 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

i was sitting on the edge of my seat, waiting for giselle or whatever to mention NFTs :skull:

5 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

I guess this means those avatars are staying for their whole idol career :gaycat6:

8 hours ago, Cotton said:

Red Velvet ATE that. :celestial5:

RV the 3rd best selling GG of all time on GAON, but KTRL told me they were not a top tier GG. :celestial5:

6 hours ago, exists said:

Have no clue about Lesserfim aside from Sakura and that scandal but the way that they chose CMIYC and Lil Touch to cover, I approve :clap3:

Can't wait to see Sakura perform Lil Touch on stage even before OH!GG :priceless:

Sakura is a ReVeluv and wants to cover SNSD? Yeah she's totally a sheep. :laugh: 

16 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

Not aespa being selected by TIME magazine as a Next Generation Leader :jonny5:

Previous people selected include The Weeknd, Simone Biles, BTS, John Boyega, Greta Thunberg, Ziwe, Pabllo Vittar, Stormzy, Rosalía, Halsey, Timothée Chalamet and Rina Sawayama

Congrats girls that's huge :clap3:

Edited by Zack

11 minutes ago, rapperjennie said:

I guess this means those avatars are staying for their whole idol career :gaycat6:

I mean the use of the avatars has been minimal so it's not really a big deal. We can deal with them appearing in their MVs for 5 seconds if that means we can pretend they don't exist the rest of the time. Naevis is lowkey iconic though.:ihype:

28 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

Matthew Williams is going to burn in hell. But congrats to them :clap3:

11 minutes ago, Jared said:

I mean the use of the avatars has been minimal so it's not really a big deal. We can deal with them appearing in their MVs for 5 seconds if that means we can pretend they don't exist the rest of the time. Naevis is lowkey iconic though.:ihype:

naevis is also of way higher quality than the ae's

I kinda hate that inconsistency lol

57 minutes ago, karlo_98 said:

Slowly but surely :jonny5:

Everyday they are increasing, for a debut, this is amazing!!! 

Compared to other recent debuts, only IVE smashed with their debut song.

2 hours ago, rapperjennie said:

:gaycat2:

Ooh wow the best member stan BP. She’s such a blink, I can see abit of Jennie and Lisa in her performance! 

WgFrKkq.gif

1 hour ago, Raspy said:

yeriless rap?:ahh:

MTE  :deadbanana:

I hate the blonde on NingNing it washes her so much

The auburn or whatever that was she had during Savage and DCT is literally HER color, she should go back to that and never change it again :jonny:

I don't use aespa like that but I really like NingNing, and I feel like her and Giselle make a really iconic bad ***** duo love their vibe 

39 minutes ago, Zack said:

I saw a Naevis oppa edit and I'm not sure what to think

Looks like Taeyong, I hope LSM don't see it. 

4 hours ago, zaso said:

do album sales even matter anymore when these groups have 20 versions (thank u exo) and are selling their albums for $5?

touring is the better determinant of their fandom power and i don't think any one of the current can have a tour as successful as twice or bp in the future

Touring always has been a better indicator of fandom power I guess. 

4 hours ago, thirdward said:

it’s actually quite weird twice didn’t reach 1M before 

i can see some groups coming close and not reaching it but next year 1M sales will be regular 

I think that’s because they never waited too long before releasing another album like BP or any other group so there wasn’t that element of building hype. Those girlies have been coming back every 6 months since 2015 :rip:

5 hours ago, Kety said:

IVE will def sell 1 million albums from a comeback in the future, they have just sold 600k. RV somehow grew fanbase this cb and sold almost 700K, considering they are doing trilogy again this year, one of their next albums could potential sell more than 1 million but we’ll see.

BP def selling 2 millions though

I think IVE is too new for that but we’ll see.

Not a midzy by any chance but its 2022, and itzy was never presented as a vocal based group so I don't see why sheeps are always dragging them for that, like at least when they perform they are good at it and not sounding absolutely different from their studio vocals in a bad way. One thing about itzy, you will never fall asleep watching them perform, can't say the same about a lot of so called superior talented groups :swan: