K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

1 hour ago, Pluto2022 said:

Omg, this is a new sound for them I think, and it's also fully in English :eek:  Sounds like a bop though :jamming:

I don't know what to expect. When they said It's something they've never done, they really meant it.  :dancehall:

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, karlo_98 said:

Track 2 is the title. :jonny5:

here for track 2 and 3:jonny5: obi and charli's songs always hit for me

3 hours ago, samybertoni said:

The Jennie situation is crazy, there's multiple accounts spreading fake nudes with her face on it I hope they're all going to JAIL :mazen:

This is creepy

I always enjoy these videos from them. :clap3:
Liz should have sang the chorus instead of Leeseo but yeah. 

Edited by Witnessed ET

i will say bang chan has BDE and def is the only hot male idol out right now

the gen z siwon or TOP :giraffe:

4 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

I always enjoy these videos from them. :clap3:
Liz should have sang the chorus instead of Leeseo but yeah. 

I don't understand how Wonyoung and Leeseo keep getting more lines. Their tones are nice and is not like they sing awfully but they should not be getting more lines than the actual vocalist. 

Imagine if SM decided to give Yoona more lines than any member from the vocal line just because she is/was more popular. 

4 hours ago, Windy Day said:

"bp is the reason everyone is doing it now" do you hear yourself? :skull: why do you believe korea isn't able to participate to those events as much as china, france, the us, italy or any other country as korea entered the top 10 of largest luxury markets this year and korean celeb industry is becoming more and more influential?? this is just the logical effect of their industry growing and it would have been the same with or without blackpink :toofunny3:

and people dragged blackpink because this is the only thing they're doing :rip:

other korean idols are doing it as a side job so ppl don't drag them for it. like i said, aespa are also having a musical event this week in paris

damn

8 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

I don't understand how Wonyoung and Leeseo keep getting more lines. Their tones are nice and is not like they sing awfully but they should not be getting more lines than the actual vocalist. 

Imagine if SM decided to give Yoona more lines than any member from the vocal line just because she is/was more popular. 

With Wonyoung I understand because IVE is still in its rookie phase so SS is trying to get as much attention as it can to the group in its early years, and Wonyoung brings all the attention to the group with how huge she is. 
but with Leeseo it’s beyond my understanding.

Wonyoung has such an avocado girl/coffee shop snooze tone so of course she's going to get the most lines

Highest popularity + the Korean GP loves that tone

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

Omg, this is a new sound for them I think, and it's also fully in English :eek:  Sounds like a bop though :jamming:

the way this is about to be the only song im gonna like this era

at least they got the title track right

3 hours ago, Adama said:

The beat is fire and reminds me Rosalia/ Bad bunny sound 

Might smash hard on tik tok and internationally with the right choreo 

yeah the instrumental is fire

i know this has been said before but bps individual power is insane and its beyond my understanding how they all became so big

bts is the biggest bg and jungkook and v are not even touching rose who is *allegedly* the least popular member

Edited by TanjiroKamado

3 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

Happy 25th Birthday to Bang Chan aka the backbone and creater of SKZ aka the face of male 4th gen :alexz:

e3455a2a9595855cd53dc57e4af71f5abea46056b90ff7902502f4a3ff62b0f216df0de16f5907ef

The power he has :alexz:

OMG, he plays league too.:heart: Same chan, I spent like 2k on skins.

3 minutes ago, TanjiroKamado said:

bts is the biggest bg and jungkook and v are not even touching rose who is *allegedly* the least popular member

:toofunny2:

I do agree that BP solo power > BTS solo power but Jungkook is bigger that Rose (and maybe V too)

as for Lisa and Jennie, yes, they are indeed untouchable so far in terms of everything

6 minutes ago, TanjiroKamado said:

i know this has been said before but bps individual power is insane and its beyond my understanding how they all became so big

This isn’t true?

BTS members have gotten pretty close to BP members on Instagram in less than a year since joining and have super high engagement… 

Suga has gotten multiple hits outside of BTS among other things.

Jungkook has multiple songs with hundreds of millions of streams that weren’t even promoted. 

Jimin has an OST that has 150M streams in Spotify. 

I hate that this thread is so desperate to discredit BTS that even I as a complete hater of them has to be logical about it :deadbanana2:

22 hours ago, TanjiroKamado said:

acclaimed where?

• Maniac: best K-pop song of 2022 mid-year, per TIME & NME
  • Oddinary: best albums of 2022 mid-year, per Billboard
  • Oddinary: best K-pop albums of 2022 mid-year, per SCMP
  • Thunderous: 9th best K-pop song of 2021, per Billboard
  • Thunderous: best K-pop songs of 2021, per Spotify, Dazed, SCMP & Tonplein
  • Noeasy: 5th best album of 2021, per Genius
  • Noeasy: best pop albums of 2021, per PopCrush
  • Noeasy: best K-pop album of 2021, per Rolling Stone
  • Noeasy: best K-pop albums of 2021, per TIME & SCMP
  • Cheese: best b-sides of 2021, per Genius
  • Cheese: best K-pop songs of 2021, per Tonplein
  • Back Door: 10 best songs of 2020 (the only K-pop act), per TIME
  • Back Door: best K-pop songs of 2020, per Billboard, Dazed & Paper 
  • In Life: 10 albums defining K-pop in 2020, per TIME
  • Any: best b-sides of 2020, per MTV
  • God's Menu: best K-pop songs of 2020, per CNN, Rolling Stone, Cosmopolitan, Metro & JN24
  • God's Menu: honourable mention of 2020, per Kpopalypse
  • Go Live: best album of 2020, per The Bias List
  • Go Live: top 10 best K-pop albums of 2020, per Billboard, Rolling Stone & SCMP
  • Streetlight: 22nd best song of 2020, per Kpopalypse
  • Side Effects: 9th best song of 2019, per The Bias List
  • Side Effects: 16th best song of 2019, per Kpopalypse
  • District 9: 8th best song of 2018, per The Bias List

This isn't even the full list. In conclusion, Stray Kids are one of the most acclaimed boy groups in K-pop.

Edited by Soobin

acclaim is irrelevant in kpop cuz they only award what's really popular to generate RTs and likes from stans on twt 

21 minutes ago, Gaia said:

paQcsmX.jpg

Like what are you using to base the BTS individual power on? :deadbanana4:

can you do this for korea only? im interested

Just now, Take Me Apart said:

acclaim is irrelevant in kpop cuz they only award what's really popular to generate RTs and likes from stans on twt 

Stray Kids receive the same level of acclaim from indie critics/reviewers who don't care about clout.

Blackpink fandom is full of akgaes fighting each others to prove which girl is the most popular while the army stan for the whole group.

31 minutes ago, Gaia said:

paQcsmX.jpg

Like what are you using to base the BTS individual power on? :deadbanana4:

41 minutes ago, Gaia said:

This isn’t true?

BTS members have gotten pretty close to BP members on Instagram in less than a year since joining and have super high engagement… 

Suga has gotten multiple hits outside of BTS among other things.

Jungkook has multiple songs with hundreds of millions of streams that weren’t even promoted. 

Jimin has an OST that has 150M streams in Spotify. 

I hate that this thread is so desperate to discredit BTS that even I as a complete hater of them has to be logical about it :deadbanana2:

using mass streaming and twitter engagement is not the metric. bts popularity is a fraud. their stats is all bots and streaming farms.

theres a reason none of them have "real" solo careers. they know theres not demand and it will bomb

jks and vs solos dont even touch on the ground let alone lalisa

Edited by TanjiroKamado