K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

TWICE might actually become somewhat interesting again if they start switching things up, promoting solo, subunits, etc. 

Lord they’ve been tragically boring and samey for years now.

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, rzal said:

those lyrics :rip:  

and people were dragging NMIXX for HOOK HOOK SHOOG SHOOG

1 minute ago, xfreshkidxx said:

They look so good especially Jihyo :jonnycat:

God Jihyo :clap3:

1 hour ago, Aram said:

So in your mind all MAIN girl groups will flop???

:clownny:

Unfortunately :chick3:

Well not flop perse just not as good as what atrl expect. Like some people in this thread are expecting BP to have a worldwide hit when their best effort was with Selena and Squid Game's viral help :deadbanana2: 

When post rule change Bots barely make it to top 15 and then plunged to oblivion, I honestly don't see BP doing better unless Interscope go all out on radio. For Korean success as I mentioned I think BP will reign supreme but will not do as well as HYLT.

My expectation Love Dive and Tomboy will still be SOTY :ihype:

Praying I'm wrong about Soshi though, I hope they smash hard with an excellent tune

Aespa's teaser sounding extremely decent for a change, I might like this comeback. Karina and Giselle looks the best. Winter was the worst, what did they do to her hair

1 minute ago, Rhyme said:

What's wrong? He just gave us ELEVEN and SHUT DOWN

He wrote the sexist lyrics of Step Back I think :rip: 

43 minutes ago, OrionHwang said:

She's popular for her AI-like visual which is SM payola advertisement but tbh she's not there with real visuals like Wonyoung/Yuna/Sullyoon :rip: 

Sullyoon LMAO NMIXX is not there yet 

2 minutes ago, Gaia said:

The backhanded compliment :bibliahh:

Asjsjfkjf I mean let’s be real for a second. People are shallow. She’s currently one of the most popular idols for her visuals. Not for her "speciality" :skull:

1 minute ago, Hazy said:

and people were dragging NMIXX for HOOK HOOK SHOOG SHOOG

When I saw Kepler’s Wa Da Da lyrics for the first time, I thought it was the funniest thing ever and was going to be trash but it turned out to be a bop, so it could be anything :gaycat2:

11 minutes ago, Gaia said:

The teaser views kinda flopping. At least this era will have album sales since SM ****** up the singles :jonny: 

when sm releases the sales mediaplay article the views will be poppin again

6 minutes ago, Gaia said:

He wrote the sexist lyrics of Step Back I think :rip: 

Forgot about that. Thank god we all came to love Step Back regardless. :clap3:

34 minutes ago, DelRey said:

SuperM songs were NCT demos :priceless:

There’s no such thing as an NCT demo because they never established their own sound. They just get fed with whatever demos SM has because they’re their only boygroup. It’s not like they have writers/producers specifically making a certain sound or lyrics for them the way SuJu/SNSD/RV/Aespa do.

4 minutes ago, exists said:

Unfortunately :chick3:

Well not flop perse just not as good as what atrl expect. Like some people in this thread are expecting BP to have a worldwide hit when their best effort was with Selena and Squid Game's viral help :deadbanana2: 

When post rule change Bots barely make it to top 15 and then plunged to oblivion, I honestly don't see BP doing better unless Interscope go all out on radio. For Korean success as I mentioned I think BP will reign supreme but will not do as well as HYLT.

My expectation Love Dive and Tomboy will still be SOTY :ihype:

Praying I'm wrong about Soshi though, I hope they smash hard with an excellent tune

Aespa's teaser sounding extremely decent for a change, I might like this comeback. Karina and Giselle looks the best. Winter was the worst, what did they do to her hair

It’s important to remember that the Hot 100 is a payola’d flop and not really reflective of the biggest songs anymore. I can’t even name 1/4 of the songs on the YE Hot 100 and it’s July :skull: 

14 minutes ago, Gaia said:

The teaser views kinda flopping. At least this era will have album sales since SM ****** up the singles :jonny: 

Its probably freezing 

in a fair world the visual would have been ningning, she eats both karina and winter up

but she is chinese, koreans would never make her the most popular member

Edited by Sugden

9 minutes ago, Rhyme said:

What's wrong? He just gave us ELEVEN and SHUT DOWN

i was referring to step back and loona bad songs but i didn't know he wrote eleven or classy was his group :ohwow: suddenly we love his pen!

5 minutes ago, LiamVillain said:

BLACKPINK feat. Taylor Swift when? :bam:

never

Gurls sounds cute but is that a Nct song?

7 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

Wait not TWICE posting a new snippet and nobody moving :deadbanana2:

Between this and the title. It already sounds better than Perfect World imo. :swim2:

8 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

Wait not TWICE posting a new snippet and nobody moving :deadbanana2:

I mean it's a japanese release. I think two people quoted me and green tea when we posted the album announcement :skull:

9 minutes ago, Eternium said:

There’s no such thing as an NCT demo because they never established their own sound. They just get fed with whatever demos SM has because they’re their only boygroup. It’s not like they have writers/producers specifically making a certain sound or lyrics for them the way SuJu/SNSD/RV/Aespa do.

Then explain why Don't call Me (Shinee) & Artificial Love (EXO) were written for Nct. :matty: 

11 minutes ago, LiamVillain said:

BLACKPINK feat. Taylor Swift when? :bam:

hopefully never, Selena was the most we could’ve handle

GIRLS already sounds more accessible than Next Level and Savage :jonny: 

15 minutes ago, Eternium said:

It’s important to remember that the Hot 100 is a payola’d flop and not really reflective of the biggest songs anymore. I can’t even name 1/4 of the songs on the YE Hot 100 and it’s July :skull: 

How the f%ck nct has no established their sound? :deadbanana4: 

Edited by DelRey