K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

5 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

SM isn't trying to kid anybody, there's a reason she was taken out of the dance break on Step Back:fan:

I love Karina, but THE BoA, Hyoyeon and Seulgi were also in that unit, there's no way they would be picking Karina as a showcase dancer over any of them. 

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Zack said:

I love Karina, but THE BoA, Hyoyeon and Seulgi were also in that unit, there's no way they would be picking Karina as a showcase dancer over any of them. 

If she had decent dancing kills SM would have easily picked her instead of BoA or Seulgi, she just doesn't and it kinda stands out  A LOT, even when there's no BoA, Seulgi, Hyo, you have Winter in her own group:hoetenks: It doesn't help that NingNing serves Wendy and always gives her all, or that miss Giselle has considerable stage presence that can manage to outshine Karina's little technique, I am not saying she is the worst in aespa, but she isn't giving what she's supossed to give.

Edited by MusicFan98

Fun question:eddie: Which one is the more talented super group??? SuperM or GOT THE BEAT?:fan: Be unbiased, just focus on the members.

SuperM: Baekhyun, Kai, Taemin, Ten, Lucas, Mark, Taeyong.

GOT THE BEAT: BoA, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Wendy, Seulgi, Winter, Karina.

1 minute ago, MusicFan98 said:

If she had decent dancing kills SM would have easily picked her instead of BoA or Seulgi, she just doesn't and it kinda stands out  A LOT, even when there's no BoA, Seulgi, Hyo, you have Winter in her own group:hoetenks: It doesn't help that NingNing serves Wendy and always gives her all, or that miss Giselle has considerable stage presence that can manage to outshine Karina's little technique, I am not saying she is the worst in aespa, but she isn't giving what she's supossed to give.

I don't know about that. For example, if Ningning were in that unit, she would not be getting the big vocal lines over Wendy and Taeyeon either. 

Weirdly I think Step Back showed Karina's dance skills way better than aespa's choreographies. I think Karina has a more fluid/graceful dance style but aespa's choreographies are always hard and sharp so it suits dancers like Winter and even Giselle way more. Her dance in "SYNK, KARINA" was so awkward because the style didn't suit her at all

As the main dancer she should be able to adapt to most styles though (look at Seulgi she totally can) so, as a main dancer I agree Karina is lacking, but I wouldn't say she's a bad dancer. Just average. I think aespa is quite overlapping in various skills, so the main/lead titles seem a bit off. Like sometimes Winter is serving main vocal with the high notes too even though she's not. 

1 minute ago, Zack said:

I don't know about that. For example, if Ningning were in that unit, she would not be getting the big vocal lines over Wendy and Taeyeon either. 

Weirdly I think Step Back showed Karina's dance skills way better than aespa's choreographies. I think Karina has a more fluid/graceful dance style but aespa's choreographies are always hard and sharp so it suits dancers like Winter and even Giselle way more. Her dance in "SYNK, KARINA" was so awkward because the style didn't suit her at all

As the main dancer she should be able to adapt to most styles though (look at Seulgi she totally can) so, as a main dancer I agree Karina is lacking, but I wouldn't say she's a bad dancer. Just average. I think aespa is quite overlapping in various skills, so the main/lead titles seem a bit off. Like sometimes Winter is serving main vocal with the high notes too even though she's not. 

Just like Winter, NingNing would have gotten the pre chorus, and considering her skills are better than Winter's, she could have gotten some parts from Wendy maybe, the killer note was given to Taeyeon, and no one in SM is touching her vocals so...

The last part is a myth, Winter's vocals are above average sure, but she has never served better vocals than NN, and she has had some questionable vocal moments, I consider she can improve with training ofc but she is super well rounded overall, the definition of an ace.

14 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

Fun question:eddie: Which one is the more talented super group??? SuperM or GOT THE BEAT?:fan: Be unbiased, just focus on the members.

everyone in GOT has some kind of talent, can't say the same about superm :lakitu:

1 minute ago, MusicFan98 said:

Just like Winter, NingNing would have gotten the pre chorus, and considering her skills are better than Winter's, she could have gotten some parts from Wendy maybe, the killer note was given to Taeyeon, and no one in SM is touching her vocals so...

The last part is a myth, Winter's vocals are above average sure, but she has never served better vocals than NN, and she has had some questionable vocal moments, I consider she can improve with training ofc but she is super well rounded overall, the definition of an ace.

Disagree unfortunately, Wendy and Taeyeon are near equals at this point in terms of vocal at SM (the sones thinking of responding can hit the road) and Ningning is above average but not on their level. 

In the studio, I think Winter sometimes serves up better belts/power imo, but at Coachella we saw Ningning is by far the more stable, technical singer/better live performer so that's where she has the clear edge. But studio vocals, they appear closer in terms of what they deliver on the songs (Next Level is a good example of this). 

4 minutes ago, Sailor Venus said:

everyone in GOT has some kind of talent, can't say the same about superm :lakitu:

Be specific king:keir:

5 minutes ago, Sailor Venus said:

Ten can outdance and Baekhyun can outsing everyone on GOT

There you have it

The thing is Karina mostly only shines with a specific style of choreo. I remember she was getting all sort of compliments during Step Back era because she arguably had the best footwork out of everyone in the group. Aespa choreo & the type of choreo SM usually gives her don't do her justice

Edited by Billionaire

1 hour ago, MusicFan98 said:

Aren't Everglow's youtube views ads fueled:ahh:?

No? Groups who usually relies on ad views such as those groups with Wi-Fi password names usually have videos freezing around 30-40million views after the company is done using ads. The views in these videos will never leave the 30-40 million mark due to them not being able to reach those views in the first place without ads, since they only get about 10-20k views a day :skull:

However Everglow are able to have mv’s with over 200 million views :rip: Dun Dun is literally getting 100k views everyday, 2 years later. Their “likes” ratio also matches their views since they get like over 2 million likes on their mv’s. You guys are underrating Everglow a little too much, since Everglow’s music is actually known by international stans. Their Spotify streams also says hi. They also just became the first kpop female group to perform in Saudi Arabia. 

1 hour ago, bocelli said:

Not me becoming a Gaeul akgae

fbgwpsO.gif

Taste, I already became one, after Eleven dropped :clap3:

1 hour ago, bocelli said:

Its a combo of the short hair + having the catchiest line from "Love Dive" from me

fbgwpsO.gif

Yeah her 7 seconds of lines were some of the highlights :clap3:

(first pre-chorus)

“Yeah, it's so bad (So bad) it's good (It's good)
Nan geu mameul jom bwayagesseo” :msmarvel:

(Second pre-chorus)

“Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh
Mangseoril siganeun
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh
Sam chomyeon doeneun geol” :msmarvel:

Edited by Pluto2022

Superm have the hole (literally) that is Lucas which drags their average talent level down

GOT wins by default:hippo:

13 minutes ago, Sailor Venus said:

only because lucas was there

but he borught the looks

7 minutes ago, bocelli said:

Ten can outdance and Baekhyun can outsing everyone on GOT

There you have it

:ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh:

Seulgi is kinda the quintessential all-rounder idol 

It's hard for Karina to compete with someone like that because out of literally EVERYONE in the third gen I would safely say that she's just got..... IT 

I don't like RV much but if you look at Seulgi's involvement in other subunits/features/etc. she's just too versatile.

Karina doesn't serve that at all nor is she more competent of a dancer than even Wendy (who also has insane vocals) 

Step Back showcased the other generations of SM way better than the current one for sure 

Speaking of superm this is a perfect boygroup song, isn't? they should have save it for a nct 127 comeback

38 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

How would you even compare them? By official positions ? 
Taeyeon vs Baekhyun (leaders/main vocalists) 

Wendy vs Taemin (main vocalists)

BoA vs Kai (dancers/centers)

Seulgi vs Ten (vocals/dancers)

Karina vs Lucas (visuals/rappers)

Hyoyeon vs Taeyong (dancers/rappers)

Winter vs Mark (maknaes)

Taeyeon vs Baekhyun 

Wendy vs Taemin (hard one but taemin is more of an all rounder) 

BoA vs Kai 

Seulgi vs Ten

Karina vs Lucas 

Hyoyeon vs Taeyong

Winter vs Mark

Edited by BTS

10 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

Be specific king:keir:

:rip:

lemme just say that GOT is actually balanced between vocalists and dancers

spERM has 1 and a half singers :eli:

Wendy is a better vocalist than Taeyeon, let’s not even go there. Like isn’t Wendy considered the best female vocalist of all time in Kpop? :biblio:

Edited by Pluto2022

GOTs song is literally a nct reject like :rip: they aren't that different from superm

38 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

got have better vocalists but superm everything else 

In the pre recorded schemes of things, Wendy's vocals on the pre chorus are more similiar to Winter's than Taeyeon's:psyduck: and that's saying something.

One can argue Seulgi is Taemin's daughter basically, he is the ultimate all rounder:michael: Seulgi is more on par with Ten.