K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

6 minutes ago, TaylenaStan said:

ENHYPEN is such a weird group, incredible sales but garbage release after garbage release and feels like no one knows any members :rip: 

Now that's not true. Their first releases were so good.

I never watched I-land but I got interested in them just because of their music

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Zack said:

I don't know if anyone updated you but: 

Hide contents

æ = a virtual alter-ego of a human in the REAL WORLD created by the data the human has uploaded online/through SNS. It's not an avatar but a "perfect" manifestation of a human, they are separate digital beings born from the data uploaded by humans

KWANGYA = means Wilderness in English. It is an infinite space without rules or structure and it is the realm where the SMCU first began. 

REAL WORLD = is the world where humans, including the human æspa members, exist. Our world basically. 

FLAT = is the digital realm where æ exists. æ can travel to the REAL WORLD to spend time with their human counterparts. This is called REKALL time. 

KOSMO = it's not clear what this is yet, the lore hasn't officially explained it. It was first mentioned by NCT. It seems to be a realm beyond the FLAT and beyond KWANGYA that those in the SMCU are really hoping to reach.

SYNK = the connection between æ and their human counterpart. When the connection is broken, it is called SYNKOUT. 

P.O.S = Port of Soul. This is a transcendental portal which allows transfer to different realms within the SMCU. So far, only nævis appears to be able to create them. She created a P.O.S for æspa to travel within KWANGYA. 

nævis = an AI entity who exists within the FLAT. We still don't know too much about her, other than she has incredible powers that æ don't have. It's not known whether she has a human counterpart, or whether she is connected to/the same person as Black Mamba. We now know from the latest episode that normally she cannot leave the FLAT. In the events of Savage, she left the FLAT to save æspa in KWANGYA and to transport them to where Black Mamba was hiding so that they could defeat it. nævis apparently sacrificed herself in the process, but it is hinted that she will eventually be "resurrected". 

Black Mamba = another AI entity whose purpose seems to be to disrupt the universal balance and cause SYNKOUT. There seems to be a deeper aim to destroy æ as well (in ep.2 Black Mamba tried to convince KARINA to delete æ-KARINA). Black Mamba is extremely cunning and possesses powers of deception and hallucination and preys on fear. 

NU EVO - the lore hasn't officially explained this either yet.

So basically...the whole thing is a very elaborate allegory for religion/Christianity :gaycat6:

I- :gaycat6:

Thanks for the update. Lemme bookmark this.

Bragging over surveys :bibliahh:

lhEsUs1.gif

9 minutes ago, Cotton said:

Joy’s OST has 550M Gaon points and had a peak of 318k uls. She cleared Hello but definitely not the OST as of yet :celestial5:

I wouldn't take the bait. You'll only get sent rants that "SM sheep" insert themselves into everything and that this thread "always undermines" TWICE etc. 

We need Wendy to get those gay bops from the Luna demo pile for her next comeback :-*

17 minutes ago, Narima said:

@Somiwho would have thought? :jonny:

And Sour Grapes is getting viral on TikTok :jonny5:

1 minute ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

We need Wendy to get those gay bops from the Luna demo pile for her next comeback :-*

I'd love her to comeback with something upbeat with choreo. She would slay it.

I think they gave her sit down ballad songs for her debut at the time because she was probably still recovering from her accident. 

11 minutes ago, Cotton said:

RV and BP being the only 3rd gen girl groups there. FMR and it’s viralness really established RV’s brand again.

Groups with longevity :clap3:

xfreshkidxx

Just now, Zack said:

I'd love her to comeback with something upbeat with choreo. She would slay it.

I think they gave her sit down ballad songs for her debut at the time because she was probably still recovering from her accident. 

Can’t see her doing anything but snooze ballads unfortunately. What we need is for Seulgi to give us that BOP we know her skill set can deliver. Korea will do her dirty tho I fear :gaycat6:

Just now, karlo_98 said:

And Sour Grapes is getting viral on TikTok :jonny5:

should've been just Chaewon and Yunjin. But cute

LbTvpnr.jpg 

:clap3:

even the bsides suck

there is no polaroid love to save them from the flop this time around

lhEsUs1.gif

It’s weird to think that Baemon has been mentioned since before Aespa debuted but they will end up being Aespa’s juniors by almost 3 years :skull: 

1 minute ago, GodControl said:

I’m kind of worried we aren’t getting a full album or a mini for the rumoured BLACKPINK comeback in August.

They will probably come back with an album in September

1 minute ago, Cotton said:

Can’t see her doing anything but snooze ballads unfortunately. What we need is for Seulgi to give us that BOP we know her skill set can deliver. Korea will do her dirty tho I fear :gaycat6:

Well she had that upbeat collab with Ricky Martin (:rip:) but I think a more pop/R&B comeback would be perfect for her. 

It seems like she's the biggest album seller in the group as a solo, so who knows. 

I really want Seulgi solo but I feel like SM is scared she'll flop idk. I feel like that's why they put her into a unit with Irene in the first place and it worked because Irene fans brought huge sales. I hope they see that she can slay as a solo though and give her a chance. 

We love a  group with longevity 

lhEsUs1.gif

Edited by xfreshkidxx

20 minutes ago, Lalisa said:

Male

10-30 :

- Blackpink 

- BTS

- Aespa

- SNSD

- Red Velvet

40-60

- BTS

- Blackpink 

- SNSD

- Red Velvet 

- Aespa

Female

10-30 :

- BTS

- Blackpink 

- SNSD

- Seventeen 

- Ive

40-60 :

- BTS

- Blackpink 

- SNSD

- Red Velvet

- Seventeen/NCT

wew the pinks #1 for young males

the TASTE!

BLACKPINK Rose shot Woo Do Hwan

9 minutes ago, Eternium said:

It’s weird to think that Baemon has been mentioned since before Aespa debuted but they will end up being Aespa’s juniors by almost 3 years :skull: 

Bp was teased for 3-4 years also

That agency they work on hype :giraffe:

Get that promo! 

Smashing in Korea +Japan and rising on both Apple and Spotify :clap3:

ezgif-1-07a65143bf.thumb.gif.5bf5a7f14d2

7 minutes ago, Sept said:

Bp was teased for 3-4 years also

That agency they work on hype :giraffe:

Not sure if its going to work this time but yeah, Future 2ne1 video was uploaded around 2012 and Blackpink debuted in 2016.

BAEMO was trademarked by YG one year ago? I remember there was one interview with YG and they mentioned they have 9 jennies, that also happened like two years ago right?

Erm, I know it's funny to think that Bahiyyih kicked her but do people not see that Hikaru fell because of her ankle twisting?

lhEsUs1.gif

54 minutes ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

Enhypen used to have their own niche in 4th gen kpop. Why would they change it? And so suddenly? I knew some **** was up when they released blessed cursed. Hopefully whoever works at their hell hole company gets a grip and realizes that this is not what the people want from them.

Okay but how long are teens/20-smth men supposed to carry on doing a Vampire concept :skull:

Lore only works out when its not cringy. EXO dropped their superpower concept after a year or two as well  :rip: Lore doesn’t have longevity.

The image change is necessary but the decline in music isn’t :celestial5:

This would have been a great title track after polaroids success.  

Hikaru was gonna fall anyway, if you look closely her left foot starts twisting before Byahyahayy even touches her...... but I guess it's cool to always blame the white girl..:chick2:

32 minutes ago, Cotton said:

If Taeyeon can release songs like Why, Weekend, INVU, then so can Wendy when Wendy is a much move lively performer/dancer than Taeyeon. It all depends on what Wendy wants. 

I think her next song (if she gets a comeback) will be a pop single