Taylor Swift

Achilles.

31 minutes ago, Goaty said:

Welcome to the Taylor Base, sis! Top three on Reputation? 

Dancing With Our Hands Tied

Delicate

Dress

The Ds are just too good.

:ryan3:

• Replies 40.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

The swifties are being too cocky about TTPD… I feel like they will be humbled when it doesn't become the smash everyone is expecting 

• Thumbs Down 2

The GRAMMYs was such a gift!

4th AOTY :WAP:

Lana Del Rey and Taylor Swift :smitten:

Calvin Harris being so supportive of her presence and wins. :heart2:

9 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

The swifties are being too cocky about TTPD… I feel like they will be humbled when it doesn't become the smash everyone is expecting 

Now what tea leaves are you reading that are telling you this album isn't going to absolutely smash? :deadbanana4:

4 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

Now what tea leaves are you reading that are telling you this album isn't going to absolutely smash? :deadbanana4:

It will smash out of the gate but the way the swifties are setting it up to be another midnights in terms of longevity, cruel summer in terms of smash hits… before midnights and even before 1989 tv the swifties were still somewhat underestimating her. Now they're being too cocky and sooner or later peacocks get shot down to earth :deadbanana4:

Believe me I want this to smash like no other album more than anyone else, but if it falls short of expectations and the Swifties get clocked for being cocky then it will be on them :deadbanana4:

• Like 3

I wonder if she will ever release soundtrack or collaboration albums. I desperately need a HOZIER collaboration album.

FKxsz_8XoAgyLkd?format=jpg&name=large

9 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

It will smash out of the gate but the way the swifties are setting it up to be another midnights in terms of longevity, cruel summer in terms of smash hits… before midnights and even before 1989 tv the swifties were still somewhat underestimating her. Now they're being too cocky and sooner or later peacocks get shot down to earth :deadbanana4:

Believe me I want this to smash like no other album more than anyone else, but if it falls short of expectations and the Swifties get clocked for being cocky then it will be on them :deadbanana4:

I've only seen swifties joke she's gonna debut with 10k because of "no hype" 💀

On 4/4/2024 at 4:17 PM, idkwiam said:

I wonder if she will ever release soundtrack or collaboration albums. I desperately need a HOZIER collaboration album.

FKxsz_8XoAgyLkd?format=jpg&name=large

Was this from the time their party was raided by the police and Hozier was hiding behind the bathroom door?

In a perfect world, Too Sweet and I Can See You are smashing side by side, and then Hozier remixes Don't Blame Me (Duet). @Bindi

• Like 1

The way Castles Crumbling could've been solo, and Electric Touch was featuring Hayley Williams instead, then Speak Now would've remained all female vocals.

Hayley's nerve to say no to The Lord.

@beckyswift!!! Love it!

:ahh:

no-its-becky1.jpg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Curaga said:

@beckyswift!!! Love it!

:ahh:

no-its-becky1.jpg

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 7:09 AM, Taylor fanboy said:

Red stans are the worst.

the way they want to gaslight everyone into thinking it's her bEsT album… no it's true it's true 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

The way Castles Crumbling could've been solo, and Electric Touch was featuring Hayley Williams instead, then Speak Now would've remained all female vocals.

Hayley's nerve to say no to The Lord.

She should have left Matty on Slvt! for the scandals.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

The way Castles Crumbling could've been solo, and Electric Touch was featuring Hayley Williams instead

They're both perfect as they are, thanks for the suggestion though. :ryan3:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Heldenzeit said:

They're both perfect as they are, thanks for the suggestion though. :ryan3:

Well, yes. Probably my fave Vault

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Well, yes. Probably my fave Vault

Same, omg the taste!

• Like 1

Just now, Heldenzeit said:

Same, omg the taste!

1989 is the worst Vault. Are we besties?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

1989 is the worst Vault. Are we besties?

It's either 1989 or Fearless, yes. :gaycatina1:

• Like 1

Is it possible that after TTPD, the re recordings process and TS12 she ends up ahead of Madonna on Worldwide sales? I don't know at which rate both are going but Taylor might be selling a lot more than Madonna at this point 

Edited by Dear Reader

3 hours ago, Dear Reader said:

Is it possible that after TTPD, the re recordings process and TS12 she ends up ahead of Madonna on Worldwide sales? I don't know at which rate both are going but Taylor might be selling a lot more than Madonna at this point 

lol, you realize Madonna sales are still under reported and her certifications.

6 minutes ago, Sweetness said:

lol, you realize Madonna sales are still under reported and her certifications.

no, i don't. that's why i asked? 

The Taylor picture book up to number four bestselling book of the week. Thanks Easter holiday

259k physical copies this year

10 hours ago, Dear Reader said:

In terms of album-equivalent units, it's very strongly possible, yes. Madonna is under-reported a bit as the person above noted, but she probably isn't significantly higher than where she was last time her figures were updated - assuming we're talking ChartMasters figures. Taylor is very likely to end this year around something like 230m units to Madonna's current 250m. If we're generous and assume Madonna would gain about 20m units on a full update (which is a little bit less than what Mariah recently gained in a similar update, and Mariah has the notable advantage of annual Christmas consumption), that puts Taylor around 40 million units behind. While her current pace will NOT keep up forever, that's going to take at most two years or so for Taylor to make up, and then maybe one more year to make up for whatever units Madonna moves by then and surpass her.

However, if we assume a strong 2025 is in the cards for Taylor as well, thanks to rerecordings and perhaps a tour extension, it could happen faster. It's possible I've overestimated where Madonna would be if fully updated and that I'm lowballing Taylor's potential units moved this and next year. With a gap of 50 million in currently-reported units, since Taylor is at almost exactly 200m now (she'll cross that mark tomorrow with their automatic streams update)… it's 100% feasible for her to actually take the top spot late next year, and permanently rather than being temporary because Madonna wasn't updated. Taylor moved somewhere in the vicinity of 45 million units in 2023 alone, and could do something similar both this and next year with the right releases.

I have to be honest - I didn't really expect this to happen quite so fast. Her success lately is on an almost terrifying scale. I'm already a little exhausted with what the discourse on here is going to be like once she takes the top spot, because a lot of people are going to refuse to accept it. It's also a little strange because I love Madonna, like I love many other artists, and growing up in a pop culture world where Madonna being the unchallengeable best selling woman in all of music was just, like, how it was. That was the paradigm, the way things were. Even as Folklore debuted and did well, it still didn't seem like Taylor was anywhere close to #1. It's all moving a bit fast, a little microcosm of how the Eras Tour was like a sudden supernova for her career.

But in the end, the most important part of this will be that she has plenty of reason to keep making more music, and that's really all I can ask for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Kitboga said:

hi, new user here, was on pulse musicc board for many months since midnight's release. cant wait to see the mega ownage of ttpd in less than 2 weeks!

Welcome! What's your Top 5 on reputation?

This is so pretty, gives 1989 a 'darker' edge.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.