Taylor Swift

Achilles.

Ya'll I just discovered Cardigan (I know I'm lame) I just never gave Folklore a chance even tho I liked Evermore.. It just kinda went under my radar I kept putting it off because I was so stuck on Lana & her magical, beautiful, amazing music. Anyway after Midnights came out I listened to that album from start to finish since it came out. So the other day I randomly clicked on Cardigan & it was instant love on first listen. I haven't been able to stop replaying it I think I need help. Does the rest of Folklore sound like this song?? Because I really want to listen to the rest of it..

• Replies 40.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• Michael196

• Klein

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, KingJay said:

Ya'll I just discovered Cardigan (I know I'm lame) I just never gave Folklore a chance even tho I liked Evermore.. It just kinda went under my radar I kept putting it off because I was so stuck on Lana & her magical, beautiful, amazing music. Anyway after Midnights came out I listened to that album from start to finish since it came out. So the other day I randomly clicked on Cardigan & it was instant love on first listen. I haven't been able to stop replaying it I think I need help. Does the rest of Folklore sound like this song?? Because I really want to listen to the rest of it..

You are in for the ride then, so you can continue listening to the album. It should live up to cardigan most probably. Glad you like that one, one of her best lead singles. 

10 minutes ago, Lemon said:

You are in for the ride then, so you can continue listening to the album. It should live up to cardigan most probably. Glad you like that one, one of her best lead singles. 

Thank you, I'm actually familiar with just Exile & I remember loving that song as well. Idk how I skipped the rest of the album, but I'm currently listening to it and loving it as well. But yes Cardigan is magical. I just don't understand how I had never heard that song before wtffff the background vocals & everything. This song hits that spot so goooood. Can't wait to finish the rest of the album. 

Hiiiii Swifties :heart2: my love for TS discography has grown astronomically this year (loving Speak Now atm) and was just inspired to make this pretend album for fun.

Wanted to share it here with you from the Reddit I posted. I ended up liking the result and would love to make more eventually on my free time :date:

This base is sooo dead

On 11/30/2022 at 4:03 PM, kweenofxanax said:

Hiiiii Swifties :heart2: my love for TS discography has grown astronomically this year (loving Speak Now atm) and was just inspired to make this pretend album for fun.

Wanted to share it here with you from the Reddit I posted. I ended up liking the result and would love to make more eventually on my free time :date:

That's a fire idea! Post it in the album thread sis The base is dead for some reason :gaycat6:

Spoiler

I love this :heart:, two of my faves singing together.

4 hours ago, G.U.Y_Del_Rey said:

I love this :heart:, two of my faves singing together.

Looking forward to the Speak Now vault track (feat. Paramore) performance they serve during the opening night of the Eras Tour :jonny5:

And then on the second night they can do a Better Than Revenge/Misery Business mashup performance :jonny5:

• ATRL Moderator

Just some thoughts that don't relate to Midnights so I'm posting here:

- Definitely re-entering my evermore era. It's tied as my favorite record so it was only a matter of time before the winter brought it back to heavy rotation.

- I inexplicably had the desire to listen to Fearless' title track (TV of course) and when I tell you I have become a bit addicted :gaycat6: It should be noted that I was never a Taylor stan during the Fearless era. Loved the singles but didn't check out a full Taylor album until 1989 :rip: and even then the furthest I really went back into her discography was Speak Now and Red. So, now for some weird reason I'm taking the time to actually listen to Fearless and I'm loving it!

- In preparation of SN (TV) I've also started listening to that record more than I have in a long time. The consecutive punches from Sparks Fly, Back to December, Speak Now and Dear John :jamming:

- In other news, I know traditional promotional events like live performances on television shows don't do much these days in terms of pushing a song, but I'd still really love some performances for Midnights (mostly because it's looking like I definitely won't be going to the tour) 

15 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

- I inexplicably had the desire to listen to Fearless' title track (TV of course) and when I tell you I have become a bit addicted :gaycat6: 

Fearless is absolutely one of her best songs ever. :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

It's really evermore season :wanda:WHEW 

Carolina is such an excellent song :worship2:, her most relatable song for me personally :clap3:. This verse is one of her best:

Carolina stains

On the dress she left

Indelible scars, pivotal marks

Blue as the life she fled

Carolina pines

Won't you cover me?

Hide me like robes down the back road

Muddy these webs we weave 

And the way she ends the song

They never saw me

Oh, Carolina knows
Why for years they've said
That I was guilty as sin
And sleep in a liar's bed
But the sleep comes fast
And I'll meet no ghosts
It's between me, the sand, and the sea
Carolina knows 

Not to mention her gorgeous lower register and the haunting, rustic instruments :wanda:

On 12/13/2022 at 10:46 AM, Gork said:

Finally

1989 TV is coming :foxaylove2:

Folklore is top 3 on her discography.

Midnights is bottom 3 on her discography. 

^ Lmao I also love Katy, but what a (thankfully forgotten) mess :dies: 

Imagine if they did something together now, though. :jonny5:

I miss you, but I miss sparklin'

Lyrics that cut glass, whew :jonnycat:

i don't know why i'm getting my thread closed for "Unreliable" when The Sun has gotten the Tour and Midnights "rumors" almost correct aside from the female collaborations, but okay 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.