Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

On 11/9/2023 at 4:42 AM, MALAMENTE said:

Im so happy it is finally over, maybe she posts BTS photos/videos of S3 now!

As far as I know, everything remains intact. Every award show is crammed into January (Emmys, Golden Globes, Grammys, Critics Choice). Nominations are also set for the usual dates so we should get GG and CC noms in early December. 
AFI Top 10 honorees for the year 2023 also announced in December and the event in January (OMITB didn’t make it for the first two seasons but hopefully they do this time). SAG noms January, ceremony in February (she will still not get nominated for the individual category, in fact I’m sure Meryl will be nominated instead. Hope they win Ensemble though, S3 was full of superstars)
Only delay was the WGA awards because of the writers strike. It doesn’t really affect Selena though, but these guild nominations are always important for the shows/movies. 

Safe to say January could be a busy month for her if she decides to attend all the award shows. She should redeem her Emmys look from 2022 so at least those she should attend. Maybe GG, and Critics Choice I’m not so sure (but if she doesn't it won't be a terrible loss since they are kinda irrelevant)
Grammys I was more confident a few months ago when we still weren’t sure if Calm Down was eligible; it would have easily been nominated a couple times and I’m sure she would have attended. Now she only has MM&M and Single Soon as contenders and even though I enjoy the latter, I know it’s not getting anything. The MM&M categories have never been moved to the live broadcast of the main ceremony so even if she gets a nom in any of the two categories (Music Film/Song Written for Visual Media), she’ll stay home cause there’s no way she goes to the Premiere ceremony where they present the majority of the awards and it would be pointless for her to attend the main one (I guess she could potentially present an award but I really don’t think so). Her new album cycle wont have started either by January so going there to indirectly promote and hype is also a no. 

So my guess is she attends Golden Globes, Emmys and SAG in February. I read on the OMITB subreddit a few weeks ago a post by someone that said they work on the show and they thought production could start around March, if all went smoothly (I guess pre-production and writing) and the strike ended soon. Not sure how long it takes to get everything ready but since John confirmed they would begin writing S4 on October 9, that’s one month already and I guess they may take the rest of the year to finish writing the season. Casting could also take a little while but since the strike ended today I just know every single project wants to cast and announce castings STAT lol. Sets and props and location scouting also takes time. So yeah, with all of that I see March as a realistic starting month for filming. 

Some people from Emilia Perez kinda implied the movie would premiere at Cannes and that is in May. So I think Selena’s spring will be booked between S4 and some Emilia Perez promo. 
Which worries me because where and when the **** is she gonna release the album? She said it is almost done, It would be stupid to drop it when she is focused filming the show. I guess summer with maybe the lead in late winter/early spring (aka March). Later than Summer would be pushing it too much and I don’t wanna jinx it but I hope the movie gets in the Oscar conversation. If it does I just don’t see her juggling an album cycle and movie campaigning. 

Damn, sorry for going on a hundred tangents. I guess I wanted to write my thoughts and hopes in one post only.:rip:

Okay good, really can’t wait for award shows. Hopefully we get good noms and the main casts chances are higher.

I saw that Reddit comment for March. So award shows then, filming, then possibly Cannes. SG3 is probably just coming next summer. I don’t see how she will have time before that. Imagine all the other stuff we don’t know about. 

Also some Rare promo or events. I don’t think she’ll do promo for the cooking shows or that’s probably already done.

I hope we get official acting news soon. Linda biopic, that Jordan Peele project she’s executive producing. There’s that 16 candle project and In the shadows.. too. I wonder how many projects the strike killed in the long run.

For now I think she might go the the billboard award show this month. Academy Museum early next month.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/10/2023 at 11:56 PM, jxbuggie said:

Okay good, really can’t wait for award shows. Hopefully we get good noms and the main casts chances are higher.

I saw that Reddit comment for March. So award shows then, filming, then possibly Cannes. SG3 is probably just coming next summer. I don’t see how she will have time before that. Imagine all the other stuff we don’t know about. 

Also some Rare promo or events. I don’t think she’ll do promo for the cooking shows or that’s probably already done.

I hope we get official acting news soon. Linda biopic, that Jordan Peele project she’s executive producing. There’s that 16 candle project and In the shadows.. too. I wonder how many projects the strike killed in the long run.

For now I think she might go the the billboard award show this month. Academy Museum early next month.

Yeah, I think the show will have a good showing at the award shows:

Golden Globes: Comedy Series, Lead Actor, Lead Actor, Lead Actress, Supporting Actress i'm sure are pretty locked. Supporting Actor for Paul could happen but I am less sure of that

Critics Choice: Last year only Steve got in for Lead Actor so I don't know what the **** will happen this year. I'm sure they'll nominate Meryl for Supporting Actress and maybe they do nominate Paul. The CC are so random that you can never tell. But yes, at least one I think will happen. 

SAG Awards: Comedy Ensemble, Comedy Actor, Comedy Actor, Comedy Actress (Meryl). That's gonna be it. I think they could win Ensemble, but The Bear is a big threat, and Abbott is eligible for its S2 (they won last year and I don't think SAG awards back to back years). 

Exactly, award shows in Jan and Feb and then filming till probably June. I see her maybe releasing another collab before she starts the era. Maybe the song with Fred Again. Then she releases the lead around May/June when she finishes S4 and then releases the album in the summer so she can promote and do all the Emilia Perez promo and campaigning (hopefully). And you are right, she probably has a lot of other projects she has to work on behind the scenes but I think from our perspective and publicly, that's the schedule roughly and hopefully. Sprinkle RB get togethers and trips too. 

She also has the Working Girl reboot. I hope she stars in that one. About the Silvia biopic I think it is best if they rework it and make it a limited series. A movie would most definitely flop because there isn't enough interest in her. A tv show isn't as demanding in the sense that when dropped on streaming, it could flop but the fall isn't as hard (if that makes sense). Also tv shows have more liberty to produce stuff from lesser known figures. Like Candy Montgomery with Love & Death, Elizabeth Holmes with The Dropout... 

As of today I am only interested in getting that Linda biopic announcement. The IG stories in the summer are more than just random dumps. But yes, I hope news on the development of those projects and new casting announcements happen next year. 

I think only the Museum Gala may be the last thing we get from Sel this year. But I am excited for the first two months of 2024 with all the award shows!

1 hour ago, MALAMENTE said:

Yeah, I think the show will have a good showing at the award shows:

Golden Globes: Comedy Series, Lead Actor, Lead Actor, Lead Actress, Supporting Actress i'm sure are pretty locked. Supporting Actor for Paul could happen but I am less sure of that

Critics Choice: Last year only Steve got in for Lead Actor so I don't know what the **** will happen this year. I'm sure they'll nominate Meryl for Supporting Actress and maybe they do nominate Paul. The CC are so random that you can never tell. But yes, at least one I think will happen. 

SAG Awards: Comedy Ensemble, Comedy Actor, Comedy Actor, Comedy Actress (Meryl). That's gonna be it. I think they could win Ensemble, but The Bear is a big threat, and Abbott is eligible for its S2 (they won last year and I don't think SAG awards back to back years). 

Exactly, award shows in Jan and Feb and then filming till probably June. I see her maybe releasing another collab before she starts the era. Maybe the song with Fred Again. Then she releases the lead around May/June when she finishes S4 and then releases the album in the summer so she can promote and do all the Emilia Perez promo and campaigning (hopefully). And you are right, she probably has a lot of other projects she has to work on behind the scenes but I think from our perspective and publicly, that's the schedule roughly and hopefully. Sprinkle RB get togethers and trips too. 

She also has the Working Girl reboot. I hope she stars in that one. About the Silvia biopic I think it is best if they rework it and make it a limited series. A movie would most definitely flop because there isn't enough interest in her. A tv show isn't as demanding in the sense that when dropped on streaming, it could flop but the fall isn't as hard (if that makes sense). Also tv shows have more liberty to produce stuff from lesser known figures. Like Candy Montgomery with Love & Death, Elizabeth Holmes with The Dropout... 

As of today I am only interested in getting that Linda biopic announcement. The IG stories in the summer are more than just random dumps. But yes, I hope news on the development of those projects and new casting announcements happen next year. 

I think only the Museum Gala may be the last thing we get from Sel this year. But I am excited for the first two months of 2024 with all the award shows!

Oh good guesses on the categories. I’ll save that.

I looked up both Working Girl and 15 Candles and they were announced in 2022. One was March and the other August. The strike caused major delays but I hope we get some updates, or else it will probably just die in development hell like Spiral. Coyotes for Amazon also sounds really interesting too. 

I’d be good with just the Academy Museum event, she seems kind of lowkey lately. And we still have the cooking show starting later this month. I’m also convinced she shot a magazine cover not too long ago so probably coming soon-ish or early next year.

5 hours ago, jxbuggie said:

Oh good guesses on the categories. I’ll save that.

I looked up both Working Girl and 15 Candles and they were announced in 2022. One was March and the other August. The strike caused major delays but I hope we get some updates, or else it will probably just die in development hell like Spiral. Coyotes for Amazon also sounds really interesting too. 

I’d be good with just the Academy Museum event, she seems kind of lowkey lately. And we still have the cooking show starting later this month. I’m also convinced she shot a magazine cover not too long ago so probably coming soon-ish or early next year.

I hope those movies get made because it feels like a lot of stuff gets announced and then only one of those projects ends up happening. It’s been like that for the past 3-4 years.

Oh, interesting about the shoot. Wonder for what magazine and to promote what too. 

Edited by MALAMENTE
  • Like 1

i need a new era in january. 

MANIFESTING. 

Edited by Selegend
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jxbuggie said:

Can’t wait!

When was this filmed?She looks so different from now

15 minutes ago, BeingRicardo said:

When was this filmed?She looks so different from now

It was filming in August.

5 minutes ago, jxbuggie said:

It was filming in August.

wow, I guess she has been in some meds these months, she may has had a flare up

She finally won a BBMA! 

Only a (Latin) Grammy, Brit and EMA left for her to have all the “main” music awards. 

Next we have the YE charts for 2023 in the US and in other countries. I’m sure it is making the top 10 in some (if they credit the remix that is). In the US it is Top 10 tho, probably #6. Also #1 in the Afrobeats chart and top 5 in Radio Songs, Pop Airplay and Global 200 charts. Then in 2024, around late Feb the IFPI Top 10 songs of 2023; I’m sure it is also among them. Huge achievements that I was a bit scared she was never gonna get. 

Hoping her next era brings her a big solo hit with which she can get the rest of the awards she still doesn’t have and nominations in other categories as well as wins. Not belittling Calm Down as it brought a lot to her but it would be so cool if she got as much with a hit of her own! 

So far the Fred Again collab could give her a UK #1 (that’s another achievement I want her to have along with UK #1 album) and a Brit nomination if it is a hit over there.

The hate train is still going on and her team is doing nothing. She has the worst team tbh.

22 minutes ago, BeingRicardo said:

The hate train is still going on and her team is doing nothing. She has the worst team tbh.

I feel like it really died down. I think her being away from social media and barely posting has been good.

13 hours ago, jxbuggie said:

I feel like it really died down. I think her being away from social media and barely posting has been good.

This. It is a double edged sword though. It is good as it prevents adding more fuel to the fire but it makes her not address stuff. 

She will probably fix things over time. Maybe she will talk about it during a magazine interview or do something publicly (doubt it). A good thing could be to lend her IG account to Palestinian voices. 

I refuse to check RB's comments though. The worst missteps with all of this were: 

- Making it about her saying she would take a break

- Adding the "but a post won't" line on her first statement

- Liking those stupid Amy Schumer posts when all was starting

- Not making a proper statement apologizing

Still, the RB statement was really ballsy, not many brands/companies have said what they did and condemn the genocide the way they did. It is also brave knowing the CEO is apparently a zionist. They donated and a lot of fans are saying they shouldn't have disclosed to who but I feel like that would have been messy as people made have believed it was fake. Everyone keeps clinging onto the fact that they donated to that one Israeli organization but like, it is linked to the Red Crescent one. If they donate to one they donate to the other, they cannot just give money to one if they are working together. They made sure to put RCS first and a dash to show that it is not two separate donations. But people don't see any of that. 

It is still a **** up but she is one of the few A lists to actually talk about it and one way or another bring awareness with the drama. Everyone says she is the most followed but Ariana Grande is not far behind and has remained quiet. So has The Rock, Rihanna, Beyoncé, Gaga, Taylor etc etc. All of them promoting and posting like nothing was happening. Selena at least had the decency to stop posting, cause she could have promoted the salsa Francia has released. 

I hope when all of this cools down (the celeb witch hunt), they see that Selena did something, when most others with even more influence didn't. 

• Like 3

spacer.png

Selena Gomez on Billboard Year End-Charts 2023

General Field:

Top Artists: #46

Top Artists - Female: #14

Hot 100:

Songs: #6 Calm Down

Songs - Female: #4 Calm Down

Artists: #22

Artists - Female: #7

Global 200

Artists: #38

Artists - Female: #11

Songs: #2 Calm Down

Songs - Female: #2 Calm Down

Excl. US Artists: #32

Exc. US Artists - Female: #11

Excl. US Songs: #2 Calm Down

Excl. US Songs - Female: #2 Calm Down

Streaming:

Songs: #11 Calm Down

Songs - Female: #5 Calm Down

Radio:

Songs: #4 Calm Down

Songs - Female: #3 Calm Down

Artists: #10

Artists - Female: #4

> Pop Radio

#1 Billboard Pop Song: Calm Down

Artists: #6 Selena Gomez

Artists - Female: #4

> Rhythmic

#1 Billboard Rhythmic Song: Calm Down

> Adult Pop

Songs: #4 Calm Down

Songs - Female: #4 Calm Down

> Adult Contemporary

Songs: #20 Calm Down

Songs - Female: #12 Calm Down

> R&B/Hip-Hop

Songs Airplay: #21 Calm Down

Songs Airplay - Female: #10 Calm Down

Mainstream Airplay Songs: #30 Calm Down

Mainstream Airplay Songs: #12 Calm Down

Digital:

Songs: #9 Calm Down

Songs - Female: #3 Calm Down

Artists: #20

Artists - Female: #8

Canada:

Songs: #2 Calm Down

Songs - Female: #2 Calm Down

Digital Songs: #3 Calm Down

Digital Songs - Female: #2 Calm Down

Artists: #11

Artists - Female: #5

#1 Billboard US Afrobeats Song - Calm Down

• Thanks 2

i wish we knew what she is doing

is her health okay? 

is she on "vacation"?

is she getting her new album done? 

:marshmallow:

Edited by Selegend

2 hours ago, Selegend said:

i wish we knew what she is doing

is her health okay? 

is she on "vacation"?

is she getting her new album done? 

Let her take this moment for her. It will be good for her image. After all the hate train, her image needs a rest. She only needs to save good posts about Selena+Chef holidau special and some cute stories till next year. A feed post on Christmas with her family will be nice too (including her dad's family).

Edited by corotinho

3 minutes ago, corotinho said:

Let her take this moment for her. It will be good for her image. After all the hate train, her image needs a rest. She only needs to save good posts about Selena+Chef holidau special and some cute stories till last year. A feed post on Christmas with her family will be nice too (including her dad's family).

I agree. her image needs a rest, there's no doubt about it

i don't want her to release anything this year, at all. 

but i do wish she's getting the album ready so she can release the first opportunity she has with an already rested image.  

and that's what i would like to know. is she working? 

Edited by Selegend

13 minutes ago, Selegend said:

but i do wish she's getting the album ready so she can release the first opportunity she has with an already rested image.  

I really doubt that she is working on the album hahaha

what is this "twelve days of selena"???

yeah i'm thirsty so i will look for easter eggs. 

On 11/21/2023 at 2:20 AM, BeingRicardo said:

I don't see anything really bad tbh. Nothing more than usual. 

The hate train against her is always huge even when she does/says nothing, she's an easy target for everything.

She makes herself a target to be honest, it's her fault too. For example people drag her for her singing abilities and she does literally 0 to prove they're wrong. She's not a vocalist ok, but she made a couple of beautiful performances with Coldplay, why can't she do for her songs too? The AMAs performance was bad but she did nothing to do better.

That's a shame and I blame her. 

People come for her for literally everyting even the SG name (SG2/SG3) I've never seen something more stupid, why people care about a s*t like this? :dies: 

Social media are bad but could be used in a smart way, something that her and her team doesn't, for example for her music career .When she drops a song she quickly forgets about it. She posted about Single Soon only once.:rip:

She's a huge celebrity (one of the biggest actually) thanks also to this hate train. A good social media manager is able to use all this and switch for her.

She needs a mastermind as a manager not a friend.

On 11/22/2023 at 4:52 PM, Selegend said:

She is always working tbh

She is not doing anything else this year apart from maybe attending the Museum Gala event where they will honor Meryl this year and release the Holiday special in a few days.

Next year in January she'll hopefully attend some award shows and events like the Golden Globes, Emmys, AFI Top 10 honorees awards and then SAG in February. 

We've already talked about it but I'm sure she's not starting her album era till deeper into 2024, probably summer with maybe the lead in May/June. I do hope she releases another song (the Fred Again collab) in like January or February, since it sounded like a good winter song/early Spring bop. I also would love a reggaeton song during the first half of the year (March/April) so by the time summer arrives it is a worthy contender for song of the summer lol. 

OMITB S4 will take 3 months of her time but I hope she can maybe attend the Met Gala, I miss her there. Then Cannes, Emmy campaigning...

Jan-Feb: Award shows, events

Jan-Feb: Fred Again standalone collab (unless it is part of her album)

March-June: OMITB S4 filming

April-May: A latin/reggaeton collab, hopefully a woman: Karol, Shakira, Emilia, Rosalía... 

May: Met Gala + Cannes for Emilia Perez

June-July: Her first own single of 2024 which is also the lead

Late August-Early Sept: Album (whatever they wanna do in between lead and album in terms of more single releases, promo...)

Sept-December: Emilia Perez promo, release, premieres, hopefully campaigning, OMITB S4 promo and airing, some more album promo

And RB stuff throughout the year. Magazine covers, would be lovely to see her in some fashion weeks too (that's just secondary and I don't care that much)

I sound like a freak but I love organizing her career without knowing **** about it lmao

Edited by MALAMENTE

The treatment Selena gets on this site is insane, I barely use it anymore, most of the people here really have zero braincells :biblio:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, feelingsonfire said:

The treatment Selena gets on this site is insane, I barely use it anymore, most of the people here really have zero braincells :biblio:

She deserves criticism for some stuff but people go for :selelupus, the kidney, her face/body, her health, fake narratives and a whole fake account all about hating her. Even people who don't like her are taking her side. 

That's one of the reason why she's able to get out of troubles without many damages. When your haters are brainless ariana/bieber minions you just sit down and see them embarassing themselves.

Edited by Sad Serenade
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.