Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

12 minutes ago, corotinho said:

BUT WHAT ON EARTH… WHATS SO WRONG ABOUT WHAT SHE SAID? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I JUST CANT UNDERSTAND WHY HER OWN FANS ARE AGAINST HER OVER NOOOOOTHIBG????

Like? Wth guys… come on, lets go serious. She said anything bad?

Posts DONT SAVE LIFES. THATS A FAAAACT. What would she do for the war? Like????? This is so wrong. I cant stand with any of this. She only said good things on that post. I really hope she retires now. She dont need to face this mess over nothing.

I truly hope she retires NOW.

She did not say nothing bad but she wordy it quite bad, not to mention, she's always saying she uses her platform for spreading good things and make the world a better place. I do agree that when it comes to this war that has been going for more than 100 years she should remain neutral, there has been a lot of misinformation from both sides and she has such a huge platform that if she posts something misleading or that end up being fake news it would be quite worse.

She can't save the world but she has a huge platform to make a difference in some aspects, again, in this scenario she has done the right thing by going neutral, but she didn't learn from the blm tweet.

And btw, there is a huge difference on what I am saying and how am i saying it that all the hate she's getting online. I still love her the same and she should not be receiving the hate she is getting but she needs her team to make the statements for her and she should had learn that already.

Edited by BeingRicardo

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a bit worried about all this, never seen such a thing with her and she quite received a lot for the BLM, but damn, is not like two things bc that tweet is going viral too. It was so stupid of her to end the statement like that.

32 minutes ago, BeingRicardo said:

I am a bit worried about all this, never seen such a thing with her and she quite received a lot for the BLM, but damn, is not like two things bc that tweet is going viral too. It was so stupid of her to end the statement like that.

Logoff from Twitter and see those worries disappear :bird: GP don't care about this

Muslim fans expect Western artists to put their careers on the line. You know it means that, don't deny it, plus Hamas could act again, and guess who would be blamed?

But why don't they ask why all the Muslim powers are silent, allowing the massacre of the Palestinians? Why aren't they at least trying to make a deal that allows at least all the women and children to leave and have a place to go? They need to demand from their leaders first

• Thanks 1

Celebrities are simply not politicians. Nothing changed before Selena spoke, nothing changed afterwards. I don’t know what people are expecting 🙃

banner.jpg

Best Female Single Of The Year

ROUND 10 / Top 53

Selena's Single Soon Still surviving 

Vote Here:

Good Luck to Selena

Cant believe her team let her still have IG. People was forgetting about everything already she again made it worse

• Like 1

I understood she meant she would be deleting the app from her phone and take another break because people misunderstood her (she probably was just done reading the ig comments on her last post).  

Just now, lauren198 said:

I understood she meant she would be deleting the app from her phone and take another break because people misunderstood her (she probably was just done reading the ig comments on her last post).  

Tbh I would had acted the same way, I have BDP just like her and it’s really hard to control impulses and emotions. I just do not understand why her team did not remove her access to Ig after the statement known how she is, and I am not even talking about messing things more but also about her mental health. Angelina made a pro palestine post and got dragged as well, talking about the topic would have made her dragged anyway.

her image is now worse than 2018, she really needs a break. 

• Like 1

she doesnt had to post that. honestly. if i were her i would post some links or a sorry note and maybe a cute selfie and then I LEVAE for mental health

• Like 1

I agree she needs to learn face the issues and not run away every time. I think that would even be better for her mental health and make her stronger. I don't understand why is that so hard for her to explain herself when she's misunderstood/makes a mistake

14 minutes ago, lauren198 said:

I agree she needs to learn face the issues and not run away every time. I think that would even be better for her mental health and make her stronger. I don't understand why is that so hard for her to explain herself when she's misunderstood/makes a mistake

It comes from the BDP/Bipolar disorder, our minds work differently, I have been in therapy for more than a year, and still is hard to understand.

the first thing we learn is to understand our feelings, something most develop as they grow up, we don’t. Emotions take over our body, and when you are anger it’s like you are other person and all your brain is focused on that emotion which leads to bad use of words, saying things you do not mind… and when it all settles you realized but that’s not make it better because you start to punish yourself because during the way you tried to control but you couldnt so you blame yourself, which is kinda bad for the perception of ourselves, what’s worse is that when this happens you try to fix it quick and sometimes you just can’t and you end up messing it up more.

if it happens to me, I can’t imagine how it must be when millions of people see it. She has always been messy online and everything is better when people handle her social.

1 hour ago, BeingRicardo said:

It comes from the BDP/Bipolar disorder, our minds work differently, I have been in therapy for more than a year, and still is hard to understand.

the first thing we learn is to understand our feelings, something most develop as they grow up, we don’t. Emotions take over our body, and when you are anger it’s like you are other person and all your brain is focused on that emotion which leads to bad use of words, saying things you do not mind… and when it all settles you realized but that’s not make it better because you start to punish yourself because during the way you tried to control but you couldnt so you blame yourself, which is kinda bad for the perception of ourselves, what’s worse is that when this happens you try to fix it quick and sometimes you just can’t and you end up messing it up more.

if it happens to me, I can’t imagine how it must be when millions of people see it. She has always been messy online and everything is better when people handle her social.

sounds painful

The whole situation is embarassing and silly at the same time.

People pretending to care about a war but spreading hate ( not just criticisms but truly hate) and talking about that only in selena's thread but nowhere to be found in others. 

anyway:

• Like 1

lana del rey is a full on zionist and ppl didn’t care lol?

i just feel sorry for selena, she’s damned whatever she says or do. 

Selena is an easy target cause she usually overshares on social media, due to her bipolar disorder too

• Like 1

Im still trying to process everything. The worst part about the hate train is that it was not about the message but how she worded it. Yet, she made it worse with the extra story.

honestly, she’s been so extra with being single and deleting Instagram during all these months. Its so said cause she was having another peak.

if only people hold accountable the politicians of their country the same way they do with Selena...

No, because damn, they be acting like she is the president of the universe or the wonder woman.

She's just a celebrity.

Everyone on twitter is all about "Support mental health. End the stigma!!!!!".... until someone shows the "ugly" side  of it. Then suddenly the person is called pick me, victimist and others absurd things.

Those losers just care about the fake bucolic aesthetic side that tumblr/ tiktok sells. They don't care about the real deal. About the real struggle of the mental health.

You know, this is why i'm very glad that Alek cut off a lot of things from the Doc. If Selena shared her lowest moments( 2017/2018, like some people wanted her to) i just know twitter would use  the material against her and make a mockery out it.

She needs to stop oversharing tbh. Those people clearly lack empathy.

A break from social media will be good for her. 

The hate train is no real btw. Is just social media being  obsessed with Selena, as usual. Is weird how they make everything about her. Notice how no other celebrity is getting all this smoke.

Edited by La Luna
  • Like 2

MET Gala theme is so her. Hopefully she'll be in a new music era by that time and attend. 

• Like 2

Strike is finally over :party::party::party:

@MALAMENTE Any idea of the upcoming acting awards or was everything put on standby with the strike? 

I need the trio to campaign, I missed that the most. Also nice if Meryl is in the loop but I’m sure she’ll attend events with the cast.

Academy Museum award Sel was set to attend and Meryl is being honoured to, has been pushed to December 3rd so hopefully we at least get that.

10 hours ago, jxbuggie said:

Strike is finally over :party::party::party:

@MALAMENTE Any idea of the upcoming acting awards or was everything put on standby with the strike? 

I need the trio to campaign, I missed that the most. Also nice if Meryl is in the loop but I’m sure she’ll attend events with the cast.

Academy Museum award Sel was set to attend and Meryl is being honoured to, has been pushed to December 3rd so hopefully we at least get that.

Im so happy it is finally over, maybe she posts BTS photos/videos of S3 now!

As far as I know, everything remains intact. Every award show is crammed into January (Emmys, Golden Globes, Grammys, Critics Choice). Nominations are also set for the usual dates so we should get GG and CC noms in early December. 
AFI Top 10 honorees for the year 2023 also announced in December and the event in January (OMITB didn’t make it for the first two seasons but hopefully they do this time). SAG noms January, ceremony in February (she will still not get nominated for the individual category, in fact I’m sure Meryl will be nominated instead. Hope they win Ensemble though, S3 was full of superstars)
Only delay was the WGA awards because of the writers strike. It doesn’t really affect Selena though, but these guild nominations are always important for the shows/movies. 

Safe to say January could be a busy month for her if she decides to attend all the award shows. She should redeem her Emmys look from 2022 so at least those she should attend. Maybe GG, and Critics Choice I’m not so sure (but if she doesn't it won't be a terrible loss since they are kinda irrelevant)
Grammys I was more confident a few months ago when we still weren’t sure if Calm Down was eligible; it would have easily been nominated a couple times and I’m sure she would have attended. Now she only has MM&M and Single Soon as contenders and even though I enjoy the latter, I know it’s not getting anything. The MM&M categories have never been moved to the live broadcast of the main ceremony so even if she gets a nom in any of the two categories (Music Film/Song Written for Visual Media), she’ll stay home cause there’s no way she goes to the Premiere ceremony where they present the majority of the awards and it would be pointless for her to attend the main one (I guess she could potentially present an award but I really don’t think so). Her new album cycle wont have started either by January so going there to indirectly promote and hype is also a no. 

So my guess is she attends Golden Globes, Emmys and SAG in February. I read on the OMITB subreddit a few weeks ago a post by someone that said they work on the show and they thought production could start around March, if all went smoothly (I guess pre-production and writing) and the strike ended soon. Not sure how long it takes to get everything ready but since John confirmed they would begin writing S4 on October 9, that’s one month already and I guess they may take the rest of the year to finish writing the season. Casting could also take a little while but since the strike ended today I just know every single project wants to cast and announce castings STAT lol. Sets and props and location scouting also takes time. So yeah, with all of that I see March as a realistic starting month for filming. 

Some people from Emilia Perez kinda implied the movie would premiere at Cannes and that is in May. So I think Selena’s spring will be booked between S4 and some Emilia Perez promo. 
Which worries me because where and when the **** is she gonna release the album? She said it is almost done, It would be stupid to drop it when she is focused filming the show. I guess summer with maybe the lead in late winter/early spring (aka March). Later than Summer would be pushing it too much and I don’t wanna jinx it but I hope the movie gets in the Oscar conversation. If it does I just don’t see her juggling an album cycle and movie campaigning. 

Damn, sorry for going on a hundred tangents. I guess I wanted to write my thoughts and hopes in one post only.:rip:

Edited by MALAMENTE

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.