Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

11 minutes ago, fattysel said:

Thank you!! Taylor swift back at the reputation tour when she sang the iconic hands to myself  :gaylorcat2:

Oh, amazingggg. Literally the best 2 surprise appearances. HTM and last night :clap3:

• Like 1

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

She's nominated at the MTV EMAs for 3 awards.

Just noticed she has received several nominations this year at MTV Awards, unlike previous years when she was always snubbed no matter if she had a smash (TakiTaki, It Ain't Me ,etc) or good songs/videos. 

• Like 1

I'd prefer her to do an acoustic show like the ones she used to do for Unicef, but maybe a gala gets more donations :katie:

the event itself seems just as expensive

Edited by lauren198

I'm very happy we got Single Soon. I always wondered what the Rare rejects sounded like and it gives me a little bit more of an idea. 

It also feels special because not many mainstream acts release older songs for their fans. 

And yeah it's been a very chill ride as a stan these past couple of months. 

OMITB was very enjoyable this season. Idk if i would have liked it as much if i saw it one episode at a time, but watching it over the course of 3 or 4 days was a very pleasant experience. 

For a second I thought hmmm are they gonna be able to hype me up for a fourth season? but the last episode succeeded in doing that.

Edited by selena_lavigne

Ok, so these past few weeks have been quite eventful! Now she does not have anything publicly announced but excited for what's coming. I can see another song dropping, maybe the Fred Again collab. Hopefully the SAG strike ends soon so they can campaign for the winter awards. Grammy nominations in practically a month. And i'm sure she'll surprise us

2 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

Ok, so these past few weeks have been quite eventful! Now she does not have anything publicly announced but excited for what's coming. I can see another song dropping, maybe the Fred Again collab. Hopefully the SAG strike ends soon so they can campaign for the winter awards. Grammy nominations in practically a month. And i'm sure she'll surprise us

yeah i'm so excited about everything! it's insane how many great things / choices she's making with her career those last few years. 

and honestly very proud and excited for more! 

Edited by Selegend

16 hours ago, lauren198 said:

I'd prefer her to do an acoustic show like the ones she used to do for Unicef, but maybe a gala gets more donations :katie:

the event itself seems just as expensive

oh an acoustic show would be amazing!! the unicef ones were so cute

the one before stars dance that she had the flower in her hair >>>> 

4 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

The promotion of OMITB could have been huge, with such a huge name like Maryl in the cast

I'd like to see more interactions between her and Selena (outside the set)

Understand the strike but ugh, so annoying

The way she's going viral on Twitter every week :clap3:

This week's theme is "Love You Like a Love Song" worship:jonnycat:

That Strangers song is such a great pop song

clue to SG:celestial4:( sound, not lyrics)

Edited by lauren198

Do you reckon the album we would've got during the Bad Liar/Fetish era mostly ended up on the Rare album or was scrapped? Honestly, an album during this era would've been her magnum opus critics wise. Rare is a cute girl but I feel like the tracks don't capture the magic we had with Bad Liar which just feels so premium. 

9 hours ago, naval23 said:

LYLALS getting hit tweets every month at this point (modern classic). Fetish also got one yesterday. It is amazing. 

13 hours ago, naval23 said:

LYLALS is really a classic. It will eventually reach 1 Bi on Spotify and the GP clearly loves the song

So Rema is allegedly performing at the EMAs, which are happening on Nov 5 in Paris. That means at least one win is in the bag (still can't believe she hosted the show and couldn't even give her one win back in 2011), probably Best Collaboration. Selena is likely not going since the EMAs are even less relevant than the VMAs but since she seems to be happy and in a better headspace (and Erin seems to have gotten her to be even more confident with the looks), even performing to thousands of people on stage again, maybe she does go and performs with Rema. It's been 12 years since she last attended (and that's when she hosted the show). It's mostly B to C list artists going nowadays but Taylor did go recently so who knows. 

Two days earlier there is this spanish award show too, and I'm sure they'll nominate Calm Down. It would be cool if she goes there too. Last time she was in Spain was 2013. But even if she doesn't go, I'm sure that award show has taken advantage of Rema attending the EMAs in Paris to get him too, so another win secured (she already has one win in the spanish award show though, with Kygo). 

Edited by MALAMENTE
  • Like 2

Not sure what’s next but I hope she goes to the Academy Museum Gala on the 14th. Meryl is being honoured and she went last year. 

Edited by jxbuggie

8 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

So Rema is allegedly performing at the EMAs, which are happening on Nov 5 in Paris. That means at least one win is in the bag (still can't believe she hosted the show and couldn't even give her one win back in 2011), probably Best Collaboration. Selena is likely not going since the EMAs are even less relevant than the VMAs but since she seems to be happy and in a better headspace (and Erin seems to have gotten her to be even more confident with the looks), even performing to thousands of people on stage again, maybe she does go and performs with Rema. It's been 12 years since she last attended (and that's when she hosted the show). It's mostly B to C list artists going nowadays but Taylor did go recently so who knows. 

Two days earlier there is this spanish award show too, and I'm sure they'll nominate Calm Down. It would be cool if she goes there too. Last time she was in Spain was 2013. But even if she doesn't go, I'm sure that award show has taken advantage of Rema attending the EMAs in Paris to get him too, so another win secured (she already has one win in the spanish award show though, with Kygo). 

Maybe she's more confident now because these awards are less relevant than in the past.

17 hours ago, jxbuggie said:

Not sure what’s next but I hope she goes to the Academy Museum Gala on the 14th. Meryl is being honoured and she went last year. 

Same. It was a nice surprise seeing her there since we didn't know she was going or that that event existed lol

I hope they postponed it for not too late. I get why they did it but no other event has been canceled so I'm confused. 

And about the Grammy submissions, I am so annoyed that Calm Down is not eligible. Her submissions are actually nice, and as much as her annoying fans keep saying, the ones for Single Soon are literally the most common (it's obviously not getting ROTY or SOTY, but every artist sends the songs to the main categories and the genre ones where the song belongs.) Pop Solo is also incredibly competitive this year so that's also a no. With the newly introduced committees in the video categories, the video does not stand a chance. 

Now, about My Mind & Me, I do think it stands a much better chance. The song made the Oscars shortlist and the documentary has won and been nominated to many awards, including Writing for a Nonfiction Program at the Emmys, which is like a really important category. So I hope it can happen for her. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2023 at 5:51 AM, Spicy_TyTy said:

Do you reckon the album we would've got during the Bad Liar/Fetish era mostly ended up on the Rare album or was scrapped? Honestly, an album during this era would've been her magnum opus critics wise. Rare is a cute girl but I feel like the tracks don't capture the magic we had with Bad Liar which just feels so premium. 

Personally, I've always believed there was a separate album in between Revival & Rare. 

We know during the tour she made a lot of songs, and continued studio work in 2017. Wasn't there a Charli XCX session that took place in 2017 too? Or am I making that up?

Anyway, I don't think the droplet era was initially planned. I think it just ended up happening & they went with it. I do believe BL/Fetish were part of an album (even if it wasn't 100% finished). And a handful of songs from that album most likely made the Rare final cut.

Edited by Boysdontcry

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.