Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, reputaoty said:

i hope she and her team learn the lesson we want less mediocre garbage 

if she's gonna give us a dance album it has to be when the sun goes down-themed with bops a la bang bang bang, lylals, whiplash..

its ironic because except lylals, the rest u mentioned is exactly mediocre garbage lol

15 hours ago, corotinho said:

It's not a good idea cause of christmas freeze on radio. Even a October release is a risk since the christmas songs are already rebounding as of NOW (september 1 :deadbanana4:). She should release in mid January, right after the freeze, so she can bring a new material for the radios to eat it up.

I know it is not the best time but she can’t push the album back anymore if she wants to properly focus on it. She has a movie to promote and possibly campaign, most likely another season of OMITB to film, the two cooking shows for Food Network… the album would absolutely get sidetracked. That’s what I say the lead this year and album around March is best, kinda like Future Nostalgia. The lead would experience the Xmas freeze but when it is over, the current songs get a huge boost on radio and streaming. LYTLM went straight back to the Top 5 after that and Don’t Start Now started to blow up after the freeze. And some other songs also benefited. There’s not an exact formula or way to know but I don’t think they should shy away from releasing in late October/November. 

4 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

I know it is not the best time but she can’t push the album back anymore if she wants to properly focus on it. She has a movie to promote and possibly campaign, most likely another season of OMITB to film, the two cooking shows for Food Network… the album would absolutely get sidetracked. That’s what I say the lead this year and album around March is best, kinda like Future Nostalgia. The lead would experience the Xmas freeze but when it is over, the current songs get a huge boost on radio and streaming. LYTLM went straight back to the Top 5 after that and Don’t Start Now started to blow up after the freeze. And some other songs also benefited. There’s not an exact formula or way to know but I don’t think they should shy away from releasing in late October/November. 

The strike is not going down anytime soon so she more likely won't be able to promote any acting project

18 hours ago, BeingRicardo said:

The strike is not going down anytime soon so she more likely won't be able to promote any acting project

It is not lasting an entire year. Hopefully studios give up and do the right thing, they are already struggling 

17 hours ago, KKW said:

Has anyone in here woken up how Gracie has absolutely ruined her music career?

Gracie is Generation Alpha. The generation that dictates the music hits now is Gen Z. Gen Z are not into empowerment stuff unless they tell a story/have a real context. Generation Alpha needs empowerment even less, their parents are the SJW generation, they have been taught all this stuff since birth. The kids think they are the one to teach things(I have nephews and I see it). In short, the Disney Channel school of role models doesn't cut it with these new generations, there're a reason why Disney Channel died. Who Says wouldn't have the same impact if released nowadays. They like transparency tho, that's why they like her TikToks, she just posts ramdom stuff and does not try lecture them there

18 minutes ago, lauren198 said:

Gracie is Generation Alpha. The generation that dictates the music hits now is Gen Z. Gen Z are not into empowerment stuff unless they tell a story/have a real context. Generation Alpha needs empowerment even less, their parents are the SJW generation, they have been taught all this stuff since birth. The kids think they are the one to teach things(I have nephews and I see it). In short, the Disney Channel school of role models doesn't cut it with these new generations, there're a reason why Disney Channel died. Who Says wouldn't have the same impact if released nowadays. They like transparency tho, that's why they like her TikToks, she just posts ramdom stuff and does not try lecture them there

Her fanbase is primarily in their 20s as they’re the generation who grew up with her but she’s worried about making an album/music that appeals to a 10 year old like what

4 minutes ago, KKW said:

Her fanbase is primarily in their 20s as they’re the generation who grew up with her but she’s worried about making an album/music that appeals to a 10 year old like what

She knows. But I think she wants to expand her audience, but she's using the wrong approach

The gay bars out here have been playing Single Soon all weekend

Imagine if she actually released a dance bop. Hope she's pushing herself a bit beyond these more basic pop songs 

She released one song and everyone is crying about her entire music career, please :ahh:

Whiplash being mediocre garbage :toofunny3: 

u guys underestimate selena more than her own haters :rip:

it's not like calm down, probably the collab selena is more proud of ever (and she says so), released just last year, have kids bops lyrics. it's sexual lyrics. :rip:

artists always have a creative peak, selena won't be serving fetish/bad liar forever, this is not realistic. 

she did her thing with revelacion, visuals are FIRE and it has the reggeaton sauce. rare is a cohesive cute personal album.

she'll save a GOOD upbeat party album and we will bop our ass out. 

gracie being the influence probably means she wants her sister to jump around with her songs being upbeat, not that she'll turn into a kids singer with kids lyrics. 

if she was as clueless as u guys always pretend she is she would NEVER be an almost billionare with a +1 decade old long successful career. 

:rip:

this is so annoying, i've never saw a less trusting fanbase ever, and on twitter is even worse. 

some of selenators will literally start sending death treats to a 10yr old at this point i swear 

as if a 31 year old that is in the business, being successful, since she was 15 wouldn't know what to do more than 90% of people that just stays online complaining 

16 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

The gay bars out here have been playing Single Soon all weekend

Imagine if she actually released a dance bop. Hope she's pushing herself a bit beyond these more basic pop songs 

it's coming when the proper era kicks off. 

:jonny6:

oh and also look how interscope is promoting a droplet. there's no good faith coming from a company -- it's money. 

if u guys don't believe in selena at least think logical when it comes to business.

since they're promoting 'single soon' like this there's no doubt they've listened to (since she did several meetings with them) and like where she's going with sg3. they want selena playing before the proper era starts. 

they wouldn't be doing it if she was targeting the wrong audience with a whole album :gaycat6: this is something easy to notice for a record label. 

i'm not saying selena will reach 2017s droplet artistic level or that she'll be the revival it girl again. but it will certainly be a good pop album :gaycat6:

not a lot of artists release groundbreaking material when their life is "ok/boring". 

Edited by Selegend

I don't understand some fans obsession that selena should bring victoria to the spotlight. I think that's best that she's having a normal childhood. If when she's older she really wants to be an actress then selena should help with acting schools and stuff. But right now the best place for her is with her family

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lauren198 said:

I don't understand some fans obsession that selena should bring victoria to the spotlight. I think that's best that she's having a normal childhood. If when she's older she really wants to be an actress then selena should help with acting schools and stuff. But right now the best place for her is with her family

I think the fans say it cause Selena barely has any interaction with Victoria. Gracie is everywhere in her social media, friends and even professional appearances while Victoria is seen only in one holiday per year and the pic only leak months later LOL

I saw on Twitter that even her phone is a cheap one. Your sister is an Apple embasator and a billionare artist and you don’t have an iPhone 14 Pro Max? That’s sad. I don’t know how the relationship with Selena and her dad is nowdays, but i’m on the team that i feel like Selena is a bit negligent with Victoria. I even wonder if Victoria and her dad have an health plan :rip:

Edited by corotinho

28 minutes ago, corotinho said:

I think the fans say it cause Selena barely has any interaction with Victoria. Gracie is everywhere in her social media, friends and even professional appearances while Victoria is seen only in one holiday per year and the pic only leak months later LOL

I saw on Twitter that even her phone is a cheap one. Your sister is an Apple embasator and a billionare artist and you don’t have an iPhone 14 Pro Max? That’s sad. I don’t know how the relationship with Selena and her dad is nowdays, but i’m on the team that i feel like Selena is a bit negligent with Victoria. I even wonder if Victoria and her dad have an health plan :rip:

What if her parents doesn’t want her to have an iPhone? Priscilla is part of that family and we know how much she has taken care of them.

1 hour ago, corotinho said:

Clearly Selena is closer to her mother. She moved to Los Angeles with her at a very young age. Since we've known her, we've seen her dad visit once, twice a year, and the same goes for her visiting Texas. I think she likes her dad but it seems like they aren't close anymore, she keeps telling the same old stories from when she lived in Texas as a kid when asked about him. Btw, they should take a trip alone to get to know each other a little.

That said, I don't think her dad's family is short of money, they travel a lot, enjoy a lot of events, the kids seem to be living their dream. They seem like a happy family. I don't think it would be healthy at all if Selena gave Victoria a different lifestyle than her family. And about the exposure, Gracie was born in this environment. 

• Like 1

an album full of it aint me's :WAP:

the droplet era album we have been begging for is finally coming :WAP:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.