Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

9 hours ago, lauren198 said:

Interscope for sure should have playlisted People You Know like Katy's did to Harleys In Hawaii. It seems Interscope still isn't totally adapted to the streaming era

The song has been getting stable streams for almost a year already, it will end up with more streams than Rare and LAHN, it is insane it was not playlisted

• Thanks 1

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jxbuggie said:

TBH If her teams does not do anything to make elegible her most possible grammy win.. I swear..

I don't think they'll record a live version anymore. I'm guessing they don't want look like they're trying too hard

1 hour ago, lauren198 said:

I don't think they'll record a live version anymore. I'm guessing they don't want look like they're trying too hard

But releasing  a live version is not trying too hard, it's just a live or acustic version, they will just not get a nom then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeingRicardo said:

But releasing  a live version is not trying too hard, it's just a live or acustic version, they will just not get a nom then.

Maybe Rema's team has other plans, like best new artist

11 minutes ago, Sad Serenade said:

another Rare's track is coming 

It's going a bit viral on TikTok again bc of the Justin Bieber wedding, there is a video with 4M views

Rare really had bad singles choices, or at least the order, I mean LYTLM was great choice and LAHN as well but should had been pushed at the same time (and the production could had been better), Rare is okish as a promotional single and Boyfriend was a terrible choice,

There were better singles choices. I typed Rare should had been a promotional song like M&TR but M&TR deserved single treatment that song is just fire

So she said they are wrapping up the album. I kinda hope she does a Future Nostalgia type of rollout: single in November and album in March. That way she can let the lead breathe for a bit and also release at least another pre-album single. She’s gonna have a busy Q2 in 2024 so pushing back the album is not gonna be a great idea. Let’s see what she and her team have planned. 

Also, it seems the only way for Calm Down to be eligible is releasing a live or acoustic version of the remix. As of today it is ineligible. I hope they have something planned or talked to the Academy and it allowed the remix to be eligible for every category because of a loophole or something. If not the labels/teams fumbled the bag so badly. They decided to submit the original last year knowing damn well Rema had no chance, rendering the remix ineligible this year. Submitting the solo version for nothing. And also, releasing the remix a week before last year’s Grammys eligibility deadline, when they could have released it on September 7, 2022 along with the video so it qualified with no doubt for this year’s Grammys… Sigh. 
If Calm Down ends up out of the equation, she is left with My Mind & Me song and doc. The song has a shot in the Song Written for Visual Media category I guess, but with all the new soundtrack songs I’m not sure anymore and the doc, despite the Music Film category changing the eligibility rules this year, I’m still unsure it will qualify. Single Soon ain’t getting nominations, but they will probably submit it in Pop Solo, although the new category, Dance Pop Performance, could be a possibility; and even if it gets in that category, it is still not getting the nom, the song is a bop but rather weak. The video for SS is not getting anything either. And the Calm Down remix video is probably in the same situation, while it is the only thing eligible from the remix, it is very basic. Maybe they do get it, since the song was a big hit and that was their criteria all these years: nominating the videos to big hits? But I doubt it, they added a committee in that category, comprised of people in the craft and I doubt they will nominate a video that consists of people moving from one place to another and dancing. 

Praying for the best. 

Edited by MALAMENTE

24 minutes ago, jxbuggie said:

As long as they're Hands to Myself, Love You Like a Love Song, Bad Liar, Fetish level...

i hope she and her team learn the lesson we want less mediocre garbage 

if she's gonna give us a dance album it has to be when the sun goes down-themed with bops a la bang bang bang, lylals, whiplash..

I'm ready to admit it

Burning toast in the toaster is an awful lyric

20 hours ago, MALAMENTE said:

So she said they are wrapping up the album. I kinda hope she does a Future Nostalgia type of rollout: single in November and album in March. That way she can let the lead breathe for a bit and also release at least another pre-album single. She’s gonna have a busy Q2 in 2024 so pushing back the album is not gonna be a great idea. Let’s see what she and her team have planned. 

Also, it seems the only way for Calm Down to be eligible is releasing a live or acoustic version of the remix. As of today it is ineligible. I hope they have something planned or talked to the Academy and it allowed the remix to be eligible for every category because of a loophole or something. If not the labels/teams fumbled the bag so badly. They decided to submit the original last year knowing damn well Rema had no chance, rendering the remix ineligible this year. Submitting the solo version for nothing. And also, releasing the remix a week before last year’s Grammys eligibility deadline, when they could have released it on September 7, 2022 along with the video so it qualified with no doubt for this year’s Grammys… Sigh. 
If Calm Down ends up out of the equation, she is left with My Mind & Me song and doc. The song has a shot in the Song Written for Visual Media category I guess, but with all the new soundtrack songs I’m not sure anymore and the doc, despite the Music Film category changing the eligibility rules this year, I’m still unsure it will qualify. Single Soon ain’t getting nominations, but they will probably submit it in Pop Solo, although the new category, Dance Pop Performance, could be a possibility; and even if it gets in that category, it is still not getting the nom, the song is a bop but rather weak. The video for SS is not getting anything either. And the Calm Down remix video is probably in the same situation, while it is the only thing eligible from the remix, it is very basic. Maybe they do get it, since the song was a big hit and that was their criteria all these years: nominating the videos to big hits? But I doubt it, they added a committee in that category, comprised of people in the craft and I doubt they will nominate a video that consists of people moving from one place to another and dancing. 

Praying for the best. 

It's not a good idea cause of christmas freeze on radio. Even a October release is a risk since the christmas songs are already rebounding as of NOW (september 1 :deadbanana4:). She should release in mid January, right after the freeze, so she can bring a new material for the radios to eat it up.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

I'm ready to admit it

Burning toast in the toaster is an awful lyric

No, it's not. That phrase in specific is just a funny pun.

Saw us gettin' older (Older)
Burnin' toast in the toaster
My ambitions were too high
Waiting up for you upstairs (Upstairs)
Why you act like I’m not there?
Baby, right now it feels like

It feels like you don't care
Why don't you recognize I'm so rare?
Always there
You don't do the same for me, that's not fair

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, corotinho said:

No, it's not. That phrase in specific is just a funny pun.

Saw us gettin' older (Older)
Burnin' toast in the toaster
My ambitions were too high
Waiting up for you upstairs (Upstairs)
Why you act like I’m not there?
Baby, right now it feels like

It feels like you don't care
Why don't you recognize I'm so rare?
Always there
You don't do the same for me, that's not fair

girl i know the verse, where's the pun?

do you mean metaphor?

9 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

girl i know the verse, where's the pun?

do you mean metaphor?

I wasn't meanting to be specific in the grammar, it's just a funny phrase, not that deep.

7 minutes ago, corotinho said:

I wasn't meanting to be specific in the grammar, it's just a funny phrase, not that deep.

FGY1A9QK6KWN8WZ.png?auto=webp&frame=1&wi

1 minute ago, corotinho said:

ImpressMeMuch

download.thumb.jpg.e5e31f86aff9897c3d23d omg we are thumb twins

This new era is taking forever, kinda feel like it was Selena's deadline xD but this time they are working as a team 

i was watching revival tour on youtube and god miss her on stage

what would be the perfect setlist on the next tour? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.