• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss her hooded eyes, her eyelids look crazy. Glad SS’s a droplet.

well she better serves risky songs this time, no more "Funs" and tbh Benny Blanco x Cashmere cat i guess is an EDM at the very least is a midtempo  

On 8/14/2023 at 1:28 PM, Godly said:

That song better be a random droplet to hold us in the wait for the new era early next year, cause if she's releasing this silly, H&M'd leaked mess as a lead single after having recorded so much stuff in the last 3 years or so... :rip:

Okay queen, faith restored :alexz:

I just thought it was weird to start an era when another Interscope pop girl is right in the middle of hers, especially if that person is Olivia who shares Selena's entire team. And if this was kicking off an album rollout then that would have pretty much killed any hope for a feature on 1989TV and would've made a #1 album very unlikely, and that seems to be the label's priority

As it stands, I can see Single Soon being anywhere from a minor hit to a surprising smash, depending on what the reception is and if the stars align and it goes viral on social media, which I feel it could given what I heard of the song and its breakup theme. Following that, I've been thinking we might get a Taylor/Selena link-up at the VMA's: it would be a perfect 2015'd throwback to promote the re-recording, they're both winning at least one award that night so reason for both to show up, and that's where Taylor announced Midnights last year so considering the timing she might reveal the tracklist that night. And to that point, I feel like it's now or never for a collab, so while I'm not that confident she's on the album, I'm at least hopeful

Finally, I'd say lead single maybe around March next year and the album sometime in Q2? It will probably come down to when she'll be on set for Only Murders, which I'm assuming gets at least another season

Also, I guess this is where any dream for Grammys glory for Calm Down comes to an end since the only way to meet eligibility seems to be releasing a live version and it doesn't look like anything is in the works? And even if they're aware, I wouldn't put it past Selena to just let Rema release a live recording of his own solo version, cause that would also be a way to make the song eligible even if it was already submitted last year :dies:

• Like 2

Wow, this is crazy good

There are so many well-done selena ai renditions on youtube

So happy this song  is just a droplet.

:fan:

Also, the rumors about the Linda's biopic.... Ughh i hope is true.

:jonny:

I'm glad that's not a lead single and happy we're getting a new song:celestial4:

I hope they modernized the production a bit. 2017 is not this long ago, but the EDM of that time sound old today

I'll wait to hear the full song before I've chart expectations. But the gp always support when Selena releases a good song

Just noticing if they didn't cut LYTLM run short to push Rare, it would have outdid IAM and Wolves for now. They still need put it on some balad playlists

In other news I don't believe she'll be on 1989 TV... but it would be nice

The fans complaining because Fred Again was “unknown” and now gagging. They really never stop and wait. Always jumping the gun. 

It is also funny that they want Selena to evolve and do something else but are loving this EDM song. Lol

This is probably his own song and here they are hoping it is on her album; if it was hers I’m sure her label wouldn’t want him previewing the song at random gigs

Edited by MALAMENTE

On 8/18/2023 at 10:42 AM, Godly said:

Okay queen, faith restored :alexz:

I just thought it was weird to start an era when another Interscope pop girl is right in the middle of hers, especially if that person is Olivia who shares Selena's entire team. And if this was kicking off an album rollout then that would have pretty much killed any hope for a feature on 1989TV and would've made a #1 album very unlikely, and that seems to be the label's priority

As it stands, I can see Single Soon being anywhere from a minor hit to a surprising smash, depending on what the reception is and if the stars align and it goes viral on social media, which I feel it could given what I heard of the song and its breakup theme. Following that, I've been thinking we might get a Taylor/Selena link-up at the VMA's: it would be a perfect 2015'd throwback to promote the re-recording, they're both winning at least one award that night so reason for both to show up, and that's where Taylor announced Midnights last year so considering the timing she might reveal the tracklist that night. And to that point, I feel like it's now or never for a collab, so while I'm not that confident she's on the album, I'm at least hopeful

Finally, I'd say lead single maybe around March next year and the album sometime in Q2? It will probably come down to when she'll be on set for Only Murders, which I'm assuming gets at least another season

Also, I guess this is where any dream for Grammys glory for Calm Down comes to an end since the only way to meet eligibility seems to be releasing a live version and it doesn't look like anything is in the works? And even if they're aware, I wouldn't put it past Selena to just let Rema release a live recording of his own solo version, cause that would also be a way to make the song eligible even if it was already submitted last year :dies:

I also hope there is a 1989 TV feature but I just don't see it. Hopefully I am wrong.

It would be fun to see her attending the VMAs and performing Calm Down with Rema. Like you said, she is definitely winning something so her finally ticking off a VMA performance would be great (after she had two great opportunities at the 2013 and 2015 shows, when the show was still relevant). 

In regards to the Grammys, it would be so annoying and frustrating to see one of the biggest songs of the year end up with no nominations. I still hold some hope. 

About the era, it would have been better if the album was released this year, since the strike is still ongoing and there's nothing else for her to do. Next year she'll be busy filming S4 (which i think is the last one) and will take them like 5 months and the strike is only gonna make production start even later than usual. Then promote Emilia Perez (Cannes, interviews, if the movie gets awards buzz then campaigning...). Literally no time at all for the album. 

But now I hope she takes the Rare release schedule again: the lead in November and album in early 2024, like February. That or lead in January and album in March. She just needs to get it out of the way before all the other commitments arrive. 

Edited by MALAMENTE

Wooo she's truly the Princess of the EDM huh

That Selena x Fred Again collab is giving WW smash vibes

:clownny:

Edited by La Luna

I really hope we get a live version of Calm Down. There is no way either of them teams don’t know about the eligibility criteria’s. Maybe at the VMAs, not holding my breathe but yeah.. 

Would something like this count?

1 hour ago, jxbuggie said:

I really hope we get a live version of Calm Down. There is no way either of them teams don’t know about the eligibility criteria’s. Maybe at the VMAs, not holding my breathe but yeah.. 

Would something like this count?

Yes it would! I think the VMAs might be a bit late though, since it is just 3 days before the deadline ends and I don't know if that is enough time to edit and release the studio version of the live version. I really thought they would do it at his LA show but she didn't go so. Who knows, maybe they gave up, although I doubt it. 

I remember Selenation never liked Petra videos, sent her hate saying Fetish video was the devil and now cry because she moved on to Olivia:surf:

On 8/20/2023 at 1:47 PM, lauren198 said:

I remember Selenation never liked Petra videos, sent her hate saying Fetish video was the devil and now cry because she moved on to Olivia:surf:

right? 

glad i've always loved Petra. 

i'm not a fan of fetish video but never trashed her because Bad Liar vertical, Fetish visual audio and Wolves performances are IT!!! 

She Is everywhere on my tik Tok, Twitter etc with her last Tik Tok

Her Power :ghostface:

• Like 1

Is it coming in like 3 hours ? Or only at Friday by the US time zone? 

I don't think her team would be silly enough to drop the ball and not release a CD live version, but who knows

The song is doing surprisingly well on iTunes and specially in the UK. I do think this song is something the country would like (and play on Love Island lmao). I hope the first day streams are not bad

I don't know why, but I have a feeling its going to do huge numbers on the first few days, the Spotify update will be big on Monday / Sunday 

Selena girl pls Post a Single Soon Sound on TikTok:chick3:

2 hours ago, SelenaGomez<3 said:

Selena girl pls Post a Single Soon Sound on TikTok:chick3:

IKR. A cute TikTok could have made this debut with 4M

Edited by BeingRicardo

vocal production is kinda lazy, she does sound off-key on some parts

benny blanco is not the producer for selena

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.