Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

sounds like a cute album track, but not single(let alone lead single) material

but we lost her curator abilities since she failed to notice the greatness that vulnerable was and released rare instead(I know it was for the brand, but she could have made it a 3rd single)

Edited by lauren198

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, lauren198 said:

sounds like a cute album track, but not single(let alone lead single) material

but we lost her curator abilities since she failed to notice the greatness that vulnerable was and released rare instead(I know it was for the brand, but she could have made it a 3rd single)

tiktok kinda ****** up selena's single choices. i'm SURE they thought boyfriend was going viral for example. i'm sureeeee. 

just release the better song for god's sake. tiktok trends are unpredictable. 

Edited by Selegend

What if they were going to announce it today but didn't cause ppl didn't like it :coffee:

8 minutes ago, Selegend said:

tiktok kinda ****** up selena's single choices. i'm SURE they thought boyfriend was going viral for example. i'm sureeeee. 

yeah, she and her team think because some like her jokes about being single, that they will play a song about being single :coffee:

14 minutes ago, ThisIsLifeInColor said:

What if they were going to announce it today but didn't cause ppl didn't like it :coffee:

We can only wish

Fun is the weakest track on Rare and the least streamed, why did they think it was a good idea to go in that route with IFP and this? This is the reason why she needs a music manager and not an acting manager managing her music career.

1 hour ago, Selegend said:

TBH, they had souvenir right there and went to Boyfriend bc of TikTok

17 hours ago, Selegend said:

don't u like being single? :bird: 

or are u afraid of ur boy leaving and u being sad when it break the news?  :bird:

the snippet is a bop. it will grow on u in full i'm sure. 

i love the 'when the sun goes down (album)' meets 90s disco vibe. open u heart :heart2:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

lol

Ughh idk, i'm over disco songs tbh

I need the artists to come up with something else

:gaycat7:

13 minutes ago, La Luna said:

lol

Ughh idk, i'm over disco songs tbh

I need the artists to come up with something else

:gaycat7:

deep down me too.

i'm excited that the album is starting to give me the vibe of something almost 100% pop. without a lot of indie, r&b, urban vibes. just POP.

and selena has the range to do something VERY pop and GOOD at the same time. and SUCCEED (something that it's not easy being pure pop since idk end of 2013)

i agree it should've been more mature than the teaser + title. but it's just a teaser and title, i'll wait. :bird:

this vibe of something almost 100% pop is based on what she's said about the album so far (so happy, so upbeat etc etc) + what we know about Single Soon. of course i don't know **** lmao, but it's what i think. 

Edited by Selegend

I don't like Benny's songs for her. I don't even like SOL

I hope this one is better tho

5 minutes ago, Souvenir said:

@Royal Culture how did u find that site?

Posters started going up around LA and a friend sent a photo of one to me!

1 hour ago, lauren198 said:

I don't like Benny's songs for her. I don't even like SOL

I hope this one is better tho

Is it confirmed that is produced by Benny Blanco? Didn't he shaded her publicy?

13 minutes ago, BeingRicardo said:

Is it confirmed that is produced by Benny Blanco? Didn't he shaded her publicy?

2 hours ago, Selenasworld said:

The Twitter virals were so funny 

The hype for Selena is clearly there, hopefully she doesn't waste it in a bland song, she has the demand, she could have a big hit in her hands.. I just don't understand how we went from Bad Liar, Fetish and LYTLM to IFP and this (hopefully I'm wrong about this tho).

I never got the meltdowns for IFP. It was for the canceled WSS soundtrack. Sounded really cute and would’ve been super cute for Rare Beauty videos. 
Now the meltdowns for this song when it’s literally about her telling her BF she will be single soon. It’s not about her wanting a boyfriend and quite frankly I relate to her jokes about being single. You can make sexy music and also talk about other topics and explore other sounds. The two can co-exist. I want a song even sexier than Fetish as much as the next gay. But I don’t understand the sentiment that if Selena sings about wanting a boyfriend she can’t come off as sexy. Because quite frankly, there are many men that would love to date Selena, she is just looking for the right one. And she HAS been dating because she said the album will have songs about people we don’t even know she’s dated. 
So, I really don’t get all of these meltdowns before we have heard ANY OF THE MUSIC. My two cents.

• Like 4

I’m hyped for the new era. Whatever it is. Do I want sexlena? Yeah I do and I think she can totally do it. Like with her sense of humor and her sultry vibes like I think she can do it and in a way that feels fresh for her. Single Soon sounds so fun. It sounds very her. I’m excited. 

Edited by selena_lavigne

My issue with the song besides the production looking dated, is that the lyrics seems a bit too juvenile. I hope they re-worked those lyrics

Perhaps they want to cater to the TikTok audience, but Calm Down for instance got that audience by just being a great song. So did LYLALS

Hm, thinking...

You know what, maybe this song can work if she pulls a Blank Space type of MV.
A satire about how media and GP is obsessed with her dating life. How every week they link her to a new man and made up stories. One day she's single, the next one she's dating. And then the cycle repeats. 

People would talk like crazy. Over analyzing the song and mv, looking for shades or hidden messages. You know people love a good messy narrative. Specially tiktok lol

Now this is a narrative that would save the song.

Too bad i don't think she has the guts for that.

Edited by La Luna

Sadly, i can see the MV being low budget. Just her and Gracie fooling around at the house, wearing pajamas, eating  ice cream and having a girls night. Because she's  soooo relatable1!1!

:clown:

Edited by La Luna

2 hours ago, La Luna said:

Sadly, i can see the MV being low budget. Just her and Gracie fooling around at the house, wearing pajamas, eating  ice cream and having a girls night. Because she's  soooo relatable1!1!

:clown:

her last full project (not droplets) was Revelación and she served visually. De Una Vez MV is a masterpiece, let's have faith 

4 hours ago, La Luna said:

Sadly, i can see the MV being low budget. Just her and Gracie fooling around at the house, wearing pajamas, eating ice cream and having a girls night. Because she's soooo relatable1!1!

:dies: i love gracie but i do not want her involved in selena's music at all. But judging by the voicemail, you got the tea

Edited by ThisIsLifeInColor

The meltdowns here are way too much , the song is not even officially teased by her, the song will be bop and let’s just wait. 
Regardless by her instagram stories , I think she is teasing an Ari and the long rumored Cardi collab.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.