Selena Gomez

Royal Culture

8 minutes ago, Selegend said:

i miss new music SO MUCH it's actually hurting at this point lmao.

i see your point of view but, with respect, i will just present u another one: 

don't you think this is such a pre-streaming era mindset? calm down is not #1 on spotify, it's #37. Radio is not the most important thing in the world... 

And even if it were -- 70% of calm down is sang by Rema, they would play a solo single if it turns into a streaming/tiktok viral without twinking twice. 

Selena had the perfect timing that was March/April. Her IG and Tiktok algorithm was insane, 25m/22m/18m likes on pictures and tiktoks with +200million views. Her hashtag gained 10billion tiktok views in 1 month (that's The Eras Tour level) BUT she probably didn't have anything ready and that's fine... but waiting just "for the wait" it's not smart. 

Calm Down wouldn't hurt a new single the way u think and a new single wouldn't hurt calm down the way u think. they could easily co-exist. 

:gaycat6:

I don't really think they could co-exist. Actually i think the chances of one hurting another are bigger than they co-existing.

And yeah, in march she had the chance to have a #1 single if it was a new single, but also Calm Down got benefited from it too. It gave the song the new wind to smash.

Plus: Radio is still one of the biggests things to make a song number 1.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is: i really want a new single too, but also i want Calm Down to make 60, even 70 weeks on the Hot100. So if i could choose, i would be ok to have a new single only after CD drops out of the top10 of the Hot100 :gaycat5:

I really need Selena to have one of those songs that are always remembered when we talk about records of stability.

On 8/5/2023 at 2:09 PM, Crashed said:

They met :cupid:

He looks good :cupid:. I'd collab with him too :mmm:

Anyways, what happened to the song with Camilla? 

Take a look at some stats:

The song with most weeks on Mediabase's Pop Chart: Blinding Lights (49 weeks). Calm Down is at 41 weeks.

The female song with most weeks on top of Radio Songs: Flowers (18 weeks, also second biggest song ever). Calm Down is at 8 weeks (9 confirmed).

The songs from ex acts with most weeks inside the top10 of Billboard Hot100: 1. Flowers (27 weeks), 2. Good 4 U (24 weeks), 3. Calm Down (21 weeks, predicted to go for 22 weeks at #4)

The songs with the most weeks inside the Billboard Hot100: the #10 song has 68 weeks, exactly 20 weeks from now on to Calm Down tie that.

Why would i risk to have one of the biggest songs on Billboard Charts just because we can't wait another 2 months? only 2 months? that's not even that much.

And why would we rush it while Intescope and her team is clearly with their attention on Olivia Rodrigo? Is it worth to RISK one of the biggests songs ever on Billboard Charts just to have a new song (not even an full era) that is also at the risk to make no noise? :gaycat6:

• Like 1

In a perfect world we'd of gotten an album in 2017 (with Bad Liar/Fetish). And she'd be dropping her next one end of this year / early 2024.

Which means we'd have 5 solo studio albums. And to me, that's a great amount, and I'd be happy for her to step away after that. 

But I guess at this point, I'll be happy to just take 1 more.

I’ve said it already but when she drops, it’s gotta be a banger or another sultry bop. We don’t need any ballads or her trying to be experimental or any more cheesy songs. 

9 hours ago, Boysdontcry said:

In a perfect world we'd of gotten an album in 2017 (with Bad Liar/Fetish). And she'd be dropping her next one end of this year / early 2024.

Which means we'd have 5 solo studio albums. And to me, that's a great amount, and I'd be happy for her to step away after that. 

But I guess at this point, I'll be happy to just take 1 more.

yeah exactly. thankfully i got used to stan selena as a person. actress, her rare beauty empire, selena+chef, now her social media activities.. i got used to stan anything that she does even if it's not releasing. cuz on music we're starving AND I'M NOT EVEN A HUNGRY STAN!! it's the first time i'm like this ever with SG, i was fed with the droplets back then, of course i would love a album in 2017, but i was "ok" with the droplets. it's the first time i ever feel this level of new music abstinence from her. :gaycat6:

Edited by Selegend

She needs to let CD do what it will before she takes the attention away from it. It's wise to wait. And who knows, Camila is coming in september. Maybe there really is a collab.

If anything if the song she drops is good it will make Calm Down climb too. With streaming is not like digital era because streaming services have algorithm as well. Usually when an artist released a new hit the old catalogue climbs.

Revival back-to-back hits madr all of them have more longevity

Edited by BeingRicardo

whenever she releases, i hope she gets the album covers ready well in advance and starts signing them

i think she should release the lead next month. since her songs usually take time to grow, it will be enough time until the christmas songs take over

Edited by lauren198

She shouldn’t wait too late before she runs into the holidays / Christmas freeze like she did with Heart & LYTLM :giraffe:

Is there a chance this is fake cuz im losing my mind right now im basically streaming. It better be real 

Edited by Selegend

6 hours ago, jxbuggie said:

I hope it’s fake, the snippet doesn’t sound good.

Same :biblio: 

Also, enough with the boyfriend stuff

That song better be a random droplet to hold us in the wait for the new era early next year, cause if she's releasing this silly, H&M'd leaked mess as a lead single after having recorded so much stuff in the last 3 years or so... :rip:

She has released weak singles before but this would be beneath her

• Like 1

Also laughing at the fans gaslighting themselves into believing it's fake at first when it very clearly wasn't :toofunny3:

And one more thing, not to be mean but she needs to stop forcing her sister down our throats. It was cute at first, it's downright incessant now :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.