Normani

URBAN

Me every week since early 2022: I literally don't care about promo or release strategy anymore, she just needs to drop the album no matter what, getting music out is the most important thing and commercial success can come after that

Normani and her team: *does no promo and has no release strategy except for just dropping the album*

Me:

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• popularmoonlight

• AFullMoonlight

• remming

• nooniebao

I need to hear how Candy paint & Big Boi sounds like in a car

• Like 3

:noparty:

I understand not giving the fans everything they want, but why does it feel like her team is intentionally going against what the fans want

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shelven said:

Me every week since early 2022: I literally don't care about promo or release strategy anymore, she just needs to drop the album no matter what, getting music out is the most important thing and commercial success can come after that

Normani and her team: *does no promo and has no release strategy except for just dropping the album*

Me:

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

Lol we knew this was happening. I'm a Normani delulu for thinking anything could be different, so sad it's actually worse lol 

spacer.png

At least the album is dropping no matter how much she flops I guess 

11 hours ago, Way0faj said:

I hate to say but this is one of the most terrible rollouts I have ever seen for an album 😭. The ignoring fans opinions, no performances, no radio tour, no VISUAL aspect at all, dropping a song not releasing lyric, visualizer. Less than 30 days for your album to be released there is no pre order. I'm sorry but she needs to fire everybody on her team quickly.

We need to poll, who truly thought there would be no promo whatsoever 3 weeks from her album? 

I'm genuinely SHOCKED. Like I thought at least she would do another virtual Urban radio tour like Wild Side/Fair or maybe she would be forced out to get pap pics in NYC or LA. Just something happening. Even courtside at an NBA playoff game. 

Regardless, I think she's filming video(s) and that's the only redeeming factor to this situation lol. Candy Paint not coming without a video, that much I know. 

• Like 1

Starting to believe they only announced the album that early..was to get people off her back that in the long run didn't help because why do they not have at least one visual or performance slot ready 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WheresJay said:

They did 

Justin Bieber and Janet Jackson are on the album ? Rumor is all over the twitter by multiple insiders ? 

I remember being so hyped for the initial announcement and cover reveal way back in February

then after all this non-eventful lackluster stretch of a breadcrumbs promo attempt it's like...

eh, it'll get here when it gets here.

Tired Britney Spears GIF

• Like 1

8 hours ago, toast said:

:noparty:

I understand not giving the fans everything they want, but why does it feel like her team is intentionally going against what the fans want

THISSS!!!! I've been saying this!!! It's like they purposely do the opposite of what fans suggest! Like there's no way her fans have given all these great promotional ideas and her and her team have just not seen them… The self sabotage is INSANE!?!?! And Like NORMANI we're laying out the yellow brick road, take the dang path!!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, benten010 said:

THISSS!!!! I've been saying this!!! It's like they purposely do the opposite of what fans suggest! Like there's no way her fans have given all these great promotional ideas and her and her team have just not seen them… The self sabotage is INSANE!?!?! And Like NORMANI we're laying out the yellow brick road, take the dang path!!! 

The sooner the fans realize it's about her and not them the better off they'll be.

Even if they're "right" it's still not their album and that's totally okay 

The fact that the insider said a Normani MV would be released "within 3 weeks" and thats literally June 7th, A WEEK before album drops, it's so weird.

The moment you realize that certain things are beyond your control is the moment you will find peace. Just listen to the album when it drops. Hopefully things will get better soon.

• Like 2

14 days till her bday :hippo:

• Like 2

spacer.png

getting into james blake's discography...it's excellent 

i can't wait for tantrums 

40 minutes ago, wildsidenormani said:

spacer.png

getting into james blake's discography...it's excellent 

i can't wait for tantrums 

tell us about the candy paint mv… is it already shot?

Just saw Zayn perform his new album in a theater, kinda want mani to do the same … 

11 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

The fact that the insider said a Normani MV would be released "within 3 weeks" and thats literally June 7th, A WEEK before album drops, it's so weird.

From what I observe in the K-Pop world, this one major label dropped the (second) single and music video, along with the EP on the same day.
I understand this is a different, since this isn't K-Pop and Mani is releasing a whole album.
If that insider is right, then I guess RCA/Mani's team wants to drop the MV, keep the hype/momentum going while its hot, then drop the album soon after.

I am just an ordinary fan, not someone with experience or knowledge of the industry.
But if I had to guess, there is no label money for Mani's stuff, thus no lavish and consistent roll out that some of you may want.
I bet the label/Mani's team/whoever believes Dopamine promises some profit regardless, so that is why we were given an album date.

1 hour ago, HenryHope said:

From what I observe in the K-Pop world, this one major label dropped the (second) single and music video, along with the EP on the same day.
I understand this is a different, since this isn't K-Pop and Mani is releasing a whole album.
If that insider is right, then I guess RCA/Mani's team wants to drop the MV, keep the hype/momentum going while its hot, then drop the album soon after.

I am just an ordinary fan, not someone with experience or knowledge of the industry.
But if I had to guess, there is no label money for Mani's stuff, thus no lavish and consistent roll out that some of you may want.
I bet the label/Mani's team/whoever believes Dopamine promises some profit regardless, so that is why we were given an album date.

There will be more covers and things happening week before and week of. It's terrifying but there is stuff going on. I already hinted at something. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

There will be more covers and things happening week before and week of. It's terrifying but there is stuff going on. I already hinted at something. 

I'm just hoping the 6 year wait and the radio silence from her and her team a month before the release will be worth it :bird: I know mani wouldl never dissapoint us but all of this is so weird.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, WheresJay said:

More covers as in magazine covers or album cover variants? Is everything under control over there? Is this a situation where they know what they have up their sleeve that's why they are taking this very odd approach? Because they are confident in the process? 

2 minutes ago, Hisarchive said:

More covers as in magazine covers or album cover variants? Is everything under control over there? Is this a situation where they know what they have up their sleeve that's why they are taking this very odd approach? Because they are confident in the process? 

I believe we can bank on confidence lol. I can't imagine they are this clueless and resistant. RCA must be in on it as this is their investment. Things are in motion (campaigns, streaming campaign and more). 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, WheresJay said:

Basically everyone just log out until release week. We not near the promo at all.:pancake: 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, WheresJay said:

I believe we can bank on confidence lol. I can't imagine they are this clueless and resistant. RCA must be in on it as this is their investment. Things are in motion (campaigns, streaming campaign and more). 

In Stan Twitter terms their are plans in motion & looks like their going for hard hitting launch versus a stretching everything out.

Thats reassuring. A little. I want this debut to be a smash! 

@WheresJayso what i'm hearing is that candy paint will be coming releasing the week before the album???? 🤭🤭

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.