Mariah Carey

feelslikeadream

34 minutes ago, noonbob said:

It's okay, she'll rely on 95% new pre-recorded vocals.

moo.png

also rip AI moo.

moo.png

Her Christmas shows are always heavily lipped but when her live voice is not up to par it makes things so much worse. That first show she did at the MSG last year was really rough, and then she clearly lipped almost the entire thing for the second night when it was re recorded for the broadcast. It will definitely be a challenge for her to do 13 dates, unless she plans on lipping most of the show. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rocket

• suburbannature

• Saddy

• killer_rose

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, hi, hello! Just wanted to stop in and say I'm obsessed with "My Prayer". Probably my favorite vocal from her. She had the most magical tone of any singer ever. 

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Moo always choosing money over preserving her voice and rest, isn't she rich? just do a single incredibile show with guests and called it a day.moo.png

Butterfly Lounge rotting on some hard disk right now and biopic apparently buried moo.png

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Her Christmas shows are always heavily lipped but when her live voice is not up to par it makes things so much worse. That first show she did at the MSG last year was really rough, and then she clearly lipped almost the entire thing for the second night when it was re recorded for the broadcast. It will definitely be a challenge for her to do 13 dates, unless she plans on lipping most of the show. 

Huh? She was sick the first three nights and sounded much better in the fourth live show. There was no "additional" lipping. 

Reminder that she could have the weeks at #1 record back after 2 holiday seasons (likely three though). Record is currently 19 weeks.

2019 - 3

2020 - 2

2021 - 3

2022 - 4

If she gets another four this year she'll be tied for second-longest with herself (One Sweet Day), Despacito, and Morgan Wallen. 

• Thanks 1

The way Moo said "I don't know her" re: AI and had her name blocked.

• Like 2

Just now, 1DES said:

Third longest. 

No, she'd be tied for second with 16 if she gets another four weeks. 

1. Old Town Road (19 weeks)

2. One Sweet Day, Despacito, Last Night (16 weeks)

3. As It Was (15 weeks)

4. A bunch of songs including We Belong Together, IWALY (14 weeks)

56 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

No, she'd be tied for second with 16 if she gets another four weeks. 

1. Old Town Road (19 weeks)

2. One Sweet Day, Despacito, Last Night (16 weeks)

3. As It Was (15 weeks)

4. A bunch of songs including We Belong Together, IWALY (14 weeks)

It is interesting that Billboard have started to make a distinction between songs that achieved their no 1 weeks all together and songs that did not. They referred to Mariah's Christmas track as "most interrupted weeks at 1" in a recent article. So even if she does break the record, it is not really the same thing to amass 19 or 20 weeks over a ten year period as getting 19 weeks together in one chart-run. I feel Billboard will continue to make this distinction going forward. 

3 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

It is interesting that Billboard have started to make a distinction between songs that achieved their no 1 weeks all together and songs that did not. They referred to Mariah's Christmas track as "most interrupted weeks at 1" in a recent article. So even if she does break the record, it is not really the same thing to amass 19 or 20 weeks over a ten year period as getting 19 weeks together in one chart-run. I feel Billboard will continue to make this distinction going forward. 

Morgan Wallen's new song was unconsecutive as well. I known you're trolling as usual, but there's no distinction in the record and it's much rarer (literally not done before) for a song to amass weeks in 3+ years. 

I love that you find new ways to cope each season.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, killer_rose said:

Performing unnecessary shows before her Christmas gig.

Pray for the voice.

1 hour ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

I guess you're talking about this article : https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/morgan-wallen-last-night-15-weeks-number-one-hot-100-travis-scott-dua-lipa-top-10-1235386212/

“Last Night” first led the Hot 100 in March, becoming Wallen’s initial leader on the list, and has now logged five distinct stays at No. 1: March 18; April 15-22; May 6-July 8; July 22; and Aug. 12. It likewise matches Styles’ “As It Was,” as well as Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas Is You” (over four distinct stays on the Hot 100), for the most interrupted runs at No. 1. (“Last Night” has yo-yoed between Nos. 1 and 3 over the 22-week span dating to its first week on top.)

They didn't even make any distinction between those #1s, they just stated some interesting chart facts about Last Night, As It Was and AIWFCIY being the songs with the most interrupted weeks at #1. You're the one who decided to use that and compare it to OTR to shade Mariah, as you ALWAYS do. :toofunny3:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zaynsus said:

I guess you're talking about this article : https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/morgan-wallen-last-night-15-weeks-number-one-hot-100-travis-scott-dua-lipa-top-10-1235386212/

They didn't even make any distinction between those #1s, they just stated some interesting chart facts about Last Night, As It Was and AIWFCIY being the songs with the most interrupted weeks at #1. You're the one who decided to use that and compare it to OTR to shade Mariah, as you ALWAYS do. :toofunny3:

Lmaooo they're just pointing out ANOTHER record she owns. :ahh: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rocket said:

Performing unnecessary shows before her Christmas gig.

Pray for the voice.

Can't wait for @suburbannature's excuses on Mariah's behalf for her ruined voice.

ltaCLI5.gif

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, killer_rose said:

Can't wait for @suburbannature's excuses on Mariah's behalf for her ruined voice.

ltaCLI5.gif

Me? Her 2020s voice is trash. 

23 minutes ago, killer_rose said:

ltaCLI5.gif

I can't wait for the arguing with his two dupe accounts.

:nicole2:

2 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Morgan Wallen's new song was unconsecutive as well. I known you're trolling as usual, but there's no distinction in the record and it's much rarer (literally not done before) for a song to amass weeks in 3+ years. 

I love that you find new ways to cope each season.

Not at all, I just saw it referred to as that in a Billboard article this year and it was the first time I had seen them use that phrase so I found it interesting. 

I know Morgans are non consecutive ( We belong together's also)  but they are still part of the same chartrun. I mean it's obvious that it is not really the same thing when a song is getting a few weeks at no 1 year on year. Impressive yes but really they should be two different records. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, killer_rose said:

Mariah has been resting up so her voice could potentially be the best it has been in years. 

She knows she needs to bring her A game at Christmas. As long as she doesn't get sick or too nervous she will be fine. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Not at all, I just saw it referred to as that in a Billboard article this year and it was the first time I had seen them use that phrase so I found it interesting. 

I know Morgans are non consecutive ( We belong together's also)  but they are still part of the same chartrun. I mean it's obvious that it is not really the same thing when a song is getting a few weeks at no 1 year on year. Impressive yes but really they should be two different records. 

Well, they're not and you will deal.

We can name hundreds of #1 songs but you cannot name a single other #1 song that has three or more different #1 chart runs. 

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

Well, they're not and you will deal.

We can name hundreds of #1 songs but you cannot name a single other #1 song that has three or more different #1 chart runs. 

Morgan has 5, as per the article above. 

2 minutes ago, Virtual_Insanity said:

Morgan has 5, as per the article above. 

:deadbanana4: a different chart run refers to falling off and rising again to the spot in question. Morgan's was non-consecutive but not "different chart runs."

15 minutes ago, Saddy said:

:jonny5:

Hey sis! The TASTE jumped out! This moment lives in my mind rent free:

• Like 2

Just now, suburbannature said:

:deadbanana4: a different chart run refers to falling off and rising again to the spot in question. Morgan's was non-consecutive but not "different chart runs."

So now you're inventing your own criteria. 

So i guess we have three. 

Consecutive, non consecutive or most interrupted, and different chart runs. 

We could have potentially three different nuanced records .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.