Loreen

Outlaws

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Danai G said:

I wish she would have released an album last year, the hype around her name and Tattoo was CRAZY. She could have included Tattoo, Is It Love, Neon Lights, Batwanes Beek and definitely some more tracks. We all know that she had been recording many songs after Eurovision, she also travelled to US before Melodifestivalen. I don't understand what was the issue to release only one song after Eurovision. 

I am not positive about the album's success if it'll be released next year. Right now Forever is doing the bare minimum in the charts and not even her interval act could boost its streams. I have faith in her and her management but I'm a little bit worried. 😭

I hope that she has the rights to include Tattoo in her next album. 

I think the label problems messed up the start of this year. There is apparently more music coming this year (I'll believe it when I hear it) and I have noticed a random gap in June in the touring schedule. The merch on her store also ships at the same time so my gut is saying something might happen around then.

If they do keep up the music releases this year I'll be happy and then the album roll out beginning of next year in time for the tour would be good. I'm not so sure how commercially successful it will be but that's not my issue to worry about :alexz:

Edited by nathanspears
  • Like 1

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nathanspears

• Danai G

• Outlaws

• Gwendolyn

1 minute ago, nathanspears said:

I think the labels promised messed up the start of this year. There is apparently more music coming this year (I'll believe it when I hear it) and I have noticed a random gap in June in the touring schedule. The merch on her store also ships at the same time so my gut is saying something might happen around that.

If they do keep up the music releases this year I'll be happy and then the album roll out beginning of next year in time for the tour.

Yeah, let's hope that they'll release at least one more single before the end of summer, 1-2 more by the time of 2024 and then start the rollout for the next album. 

The new label seems suitable for her but so far, the rollout for Forever is messy, there is no evident radio or playlist support and the general public was not even aware of Forever's release. But I have faith the streams will increase. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Danai G said:

Yeah, let's hope that they'll release at least one more single before the end of summer, 1-2 more by the time of 2024 and then start the rollout for the next album. 

The new label seems suitable for her but so far, the rollout for Forever is messy, there is no evident radio or playlist support and the general public was not even aware of Forever's release. But I have faith the streams will increase. 

There was decent playlist support and a small amount of radio in the UK but it hasn't done very well. It's a good song, but a hit? I didn't think so. It needed a stronger hook. This could have been a highlight album track.

I think the Eurovision release week was also a bad decision. There was already so much drama going on, it completely got overshadowed plus the fact the performance was quite simple. It didn't quite capture the audience the way Tattoo did. They could have done a lot more technically. I honestly just don't think they had enough rehearsal time.

HOWEVER, I hope this doesn't stop anything new from being released. They NEED to keep up the releases.

Edited by nathanspears
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Next single better not have the word Love in it. We've heard it used consistently 3 times in a row now, I want her to sing about the state of the world or something else. :rip:

Edited by Gwendolyn

Just now, Gwendolyn said:

Next single better not have the word Love in it. We've heard it used consistently 3 times in a row now, I want her to talk about the state of the world or something else. :rip:

Nn, I'm already convinced the album will be called LOVE and will consistently be filled with songs about love :deadbanana4:

6 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

There was decent playlist support and a small amount of radio in the UK but it hasn't done very well. It's a good song, but a hit? I didn't think so. It needed a stronger hook. This could have been a highlight album track.

I think the Eurovision release week was also a bad decision. There was already so much drama going on, it completely got overshadowed plus the fact the performance was quite simple. It didn't quite capture the audience the way Tattoo did. They could have done a lot more technically. I honestly just don't think they had enough rehearsal time.

HOWEVER, I hope this doesn't stop anything new from being released. They NEED to keep up the releases.

I'm disappointed about the interval in general, I said it in the Eurovision and this thread; her interval in 2013 was such a standout and felt like a homecoming for her. This year it felt like she was barely involved. She should've done a medley of all her Eurovision/Melfest songs and then promoted Forever. 

I'm just happy she hasn't completely disappeared at this point, her apperance at Eurovision made me re listen to everything she's released and she's so talented, she deserved so much more after 2012 and I'm happy they've learned from that.

Also I have no idea why she left Universal, they did great with Tattoo and Is It Love promotion. Did she get into a disrepute with them over her not releasing a album or did the contract expire? And if so, will we ever get the demos she was working on during last summer (especially that ciara sounding one) :gaycat7:

1 hour ago, Gwendolyn said:

Also I have no idea why she left Universal, they did great with Tattoo and Is It Love promotion. Did she get into a disrepute with them over her not releasing a album or did the contract expire? And if so, will we ever get the demos she was working on during last summer (especially that ciara sounding one) :gaycat7:

This is one my main questions too. Why did she leave Universal? They clearly supported her, they send her songs to bigger playlists and radios, they provided her with good budget for the Is It Love music video. I don't think that they ended on bad terms but clearly something happened. It just doesn't make sense. 

I really hope that the new label will promote her properly. 

I'm disappointed about the interval in general, I said it in the Eurovision and this thread; her interval in 2013 was such a standout and felt like a homecoming for her. This year it felt like she was barely involved. She should've done a medley of all her Eurovision/Melfest songs and then promoted Forever. 

I'm just happy she hasn't completely disappeared at this point, her apperance at Eurovision made me re listen to everything she's released and she's so talented, she deserved so much more after 2012 and I'm happy they've learned from that.

I have said it many times before: her interval act, although impressive, was not as epic as Tattoo's performance. It definitely didn't capture the audience's attention. You can see it from the views or the streaming numbers, unfortunately it didn't create a positive reaction. It's such a shame in my opinion, they could have used Eurovision better. Even Benjamin Ingrosso got the chance to have a bigger interval act, not to mention that they somehow made Käärijä's interval act more epic than Loreen's 😭

Euphoria in Birmingham pride ❤️

12 hours ago, Danai G said:

Euphoria in Birmingham pride ❤️

I know the crowd was confused as hell when she started singing it like that:rip:

24 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

I know the crowd was confused as hell when she started singing it like that:rip:

Yeah, tbh the vibes were once again a little bit weird... It's clear that the crowd's reactions were way better compared to Jelling and since there were more Loreen's fans in the pride the atmosphere was more welcome. But yeah, it took some time for them to warm up to the new version. 

Nevertheless, she was absolutely hypnotic! 

Found this video of latest 'Forever' performance today. WHEW! This diva is still doing magic with her songs :jonny5: the way she goes hard while singing this rave bop... I see her loving this song SO MUCH

Forever has done a 60 - 96 - OUT on Sweden Single's Chart - it's time for the next single :clap3:

I'm quite excited to see what the next single will be, didn't @nathanspears notice a gap in her schedule or am I making things up :rip: 

Posted (edited)

I'm quite excited to see what the next single will be, didn't @nathanspears notice a gap in her schedule or am I making things up :rip: 

She has a gap between 8th June and 22nd June in her festival schedule. Her merch on her store ships on the 10th. I just thought it was odd timing but could be absolutely nothing :deadbanana4:

Edited by nathanspears

6 hours ago, nathanspears said:

She has a gap between 8th June and 22nd June in her festival schedule. Her merch on her store ships on the 10th. I just thought it was odd timing but could be absolutely nothing :deadbanana4:

A new single one month after the release of the previous one??? We will be spoiled 

On 5/31/2024 at 9:27 PM, Gwendolyn said:

Forever has done a 60 - 96 - OUT on Sweden Single's Chart - it's time for the next single :clap3:

The ironic thing is that on Spotify it's a little bit more stable that Is It Love. It's in low positions but at least it hasn't left. 

We're officially back at flopping :party: all thanks to her atrocious team.

3 hours ago, Outlaws said:

We're officially back at flopping :party: all thanks to her atrocious team.

I don't think it's the team anymore, I think it's her :rip: 

Universal was serving her amazingly but I'm 100% sure they wanted her to make more music and promote her songs more and she gtfo :bibliahh: I'm worried she and Leigh-Anne are gonna get dropped by TaP before the year ends.

Posted (edited)

also screaming how Martin and Marticus has an album out before her.. we're truly NEVER gonna leave the trenches :deadbanana4:

Edited by Gwendolyn

2 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

I don't think it's the team anymore, I think it's her :rip: 

Universal was serving her amazingly but I'm 100% sure they wanted her to make more music and promote her songs more and she gtfo :bibliahh: I'm worried she and Leigh-Anne are gonna get dropped by TaP before the year ends.

I don't think that TaP will drop her. TaP is responsible for management, bookings etc. I think that Loreen left Universal by herself, I don't think that they decided to drop her. It's just that unfortunately, due to the label change, Loreen will not receive the promotion she had with Universal. I don't expect Promised Land Recordings to invest into radio, playlist or other type of promo. But if Loreen feels free and if she can create the music she wants to, then that's great.

When Is It Love was released, she did an interview in the Official UK Charts where she said something about "money hungry" people who want to change her art. I suspect that Universal didn't support all of her artistic choices. 

Posted (edited)

Gröna Lund made a post about Omar who performed one day after Loreen but they yet to post about Loreen...

Also Rockbjörnen performers are being announced. I am curious to see if Loreen will perform. 

Edit: Apparently they posted a highlight about Loreen. Lmao, they put just a few stories, even Fröken Snusk got more content. 😭

Edited by Danai G

17 hours ago, nathanspears said:

Knowing her, she probably plans to go on a vacation during that time.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Danai G said:

I don't think that TaP will drop her. TaP is responsible for management, bookings etc. I think that Loreen left Universal by herself, I don't think that they decided to drop her. It's just that unfortunately, due to the label change, Loreen will not receive the promotion she had with Universal. I don't expect Promised Land Recordings to invest into radio, playlist or other type of promo. But if Loreen feels free and if she can create the music she wants to, then that's great.

When Is It Love was released, she did an interview in the Official UK Charts where she said something about "money hungry" people who want to change her art. I suspect that Universal didn't support all of her artistic choices. 

I respect her for standing her ground when it comes to that; I think she should make some sort of compromise when it comes to her music career. It's disappointing how many times she's said she's got a project coming and then the music never comes or gets released very late which annoys her fans. I wish she had taken the Adele/Sia promotion route after her first Eurovision win if she didn't want too much attention; still releasing music and promoting it and letting it speak for itself. Right now, the only thing speaking for itself is Forever and still no sign of the album. 

I saw a tiktok of her saying she isn't ruling out going to Melfest and Eurovision again, and I was like 'Oh Dear :rip:'. I was hoping she was finally going to break out of that cycle; I'm having a huge deja vu right now. 

Edited by Gwendolyn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.