STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Loreen

Outlaws

I don't think the Eurovision performance will do anything for the song, I saw more complaints than praise. This girl should've been a star in Scandinavia at best after her 2012 win; they forgot about her and they're going to forget again if she doesn't get moving again.  

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nathanspears

• Outlaws

• Danai G

• Gwendolyn

Posted (edited)

I'm not quite sure what has happened with the label situation.

She's left Universal Music Sweden + Island Records but still seems to be with Polydor and some other regional Universal labels. Promised Land Records seems to be involved with Sony so they aren't completely indie. She's still with Tap for management.

I'm hoping they release music consistently this year. I was confused and frustrated about not getting an album this year but if there's been label difficulties then it makes more sense. It also makes a lot more sense now why the start of this year was quiet.

I was shocked at the tour announcement for next year (a Madrid date did pop up randomly a few weeks back but I assumed it was a mistake). I'm more than happy if the strategy is to release singles and collabs this year and then an album just before the next tour.

The roll-out of Forever has been good so I'm feeling optimistic with this new label!

Edited by nathanspears
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, nathanspears said:

I'm not quite sure what has happened with the label situation.

She's left Universal Music Sweden + Island Records but still seems to be with Polydor and some other regional Universal labels. Promised Land Records seems to be involved with Sony so they aren't completely indie. She's still with Tap for management.

I'm hoping they release music consistently this year. I was confused and frustrated about not getting an album this year but if there's been label difficulties then it makes more sense. It also makes a lot more sense now why the start of this year was quiet.

I was shocked at the tour announcement for next year (a Madrid date did pop up randomly a few weeks back but I assumed it was a mistake). I'm more than happy if the strategy is to release singles and collabs this year and then an album just before the next tour.

The roll-out of Forever has been good so I'm feeling optimistic with this new label!

I really hope that she'll give some explanation soon, unless she is forbidden to do so. I just hope that the new label will give her decent promo. The roll-out was definitely not bad but I think it still made zero noise. I mean, even her interval act didn't cause much interest although in a Eurovision year like this one, I think that people wouldn't pay much attention to the interval acts. 

Is she still signed to Polydor Records? They have posted nothing about her. 

this gorgeous, gorgeous song, it's such a throwback now, it feels like 2013 :rip:

Unfortunately the interval act did not boost Forever's streams as much as I hoped so...

A new interview just dropped, I think that this is one of her most personal ones. She talks more about her personal life and I think that she gives lots of interesting information and insight.

This interview just proves that she's modest with her achievements in life and that she prefers to focus in her wellbeing rather be a music machine if you know what I mean. As much as I'm rooting for her, I respect her decision to release more songs when she feels like it and take her time to do so. 

11 hours ago, Danai G said:

A new interview just dropped, I think that this is one of her most personal ones. She talks more about her personal life and I think that she gives lots of interesting information and insight.

This interview just proves that she's modest with her achievements in life and that she prefers to focus in her wellbeing rather be a music machine if you know what I mean. As much as I'm rooting for her, I respect her decision to release more songs when she feels like it and take her time to do so. 

Thank you. Let me read :heart2:

--------

I was just thinking the other day.... like, imagine if she announced the tour right after her win. She would have probable moved to bigger venues or she would have done double dates. But going on social media silence + not releasing + only posting peace & love stuff hurts her a lot.

1 hour ago, Outlaws said:

Thank you. Let me read :heart2:

--------

I was just thinking the other day.... like, imagine if she announced the tour right after her win. She would have probable moved to bigger venues or she would have done double dates. But going on social media silence + not releasing + only posting peace & love stuff hurts her a lot.

Tbh, I don't think that big venues would work for her. The capacity of the venues in this tour is pretty small, with some exceptions of course. She prefers an intimate atmosphere, no wonder she booked smaller places. 

Yeah, it's true that her management is not helping a lot but at the end of the day, that's her decision. She chooses to remain inactive or not, release often or not etc. But her management team can always promote her. 

16 hours ago, Danai G said:

I will always respect her for choosing to stand on her ground. After Idol, she disappeared for a few years because she hadn't found her sense of identity yet. I don't think she will be a big artist anymore but i'm happy to wait for her whenever she makes music. I do think she will retire in a couple of years though :rip:

Interval performance was awfull!!!

Sorry

Forever debuted at No.60 in Sweden. According to another forum, Loreen has gone independent and has appeared alongside 'Oberoende' on Swedish Charts/Sverigetopplistan

https://swedishcharts.com/weekchart.asp?cat=s

On 5/19/2024 at 2:04 AM, Gwendolyn said:

Forever debuted at No.60 in Sweden. According to another forum, Loreen has gone independent and has appeared alongside 'Oberoende' on Swedish Charts/Sverigetopplistan

https://swedishcharts.com/weekchart.asp?cat=s

Isn't she signed to Promised Land Records?

On 5/18/2024 at 3:29 PM, TalkThatTalk said:

Interval performance was awfull!!!

Sorry

It was kinda underwhelming. I expected something more. It was very impressive, sure, but it could have been so much better. It felt like they didn't even try to pay tribute to her. 

Just saw some videos from Loreen's performance in Jelling musikfestival. Loreen was amazing, I love the outfit and I am curious to see the full setlist. My only slight complaint was the crowd, in Jupiter Drive and My Heart Is Refusing Me many of them didn't care at all...

Yeah, the crowd at this first festival wasn't great. I think she was also taken aback slightly. You could tell the energy wasn't quite there. I'm sure Birmingham Pride will more than make up for it :alexz:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nathanspears said:

Yeah, the crowd at this first festival wasn't great. I think she was also taken aback slightly. You could tell the energy wasn't quite there. I'm sure Birmingham Pride will more than make up for it :alexz:

Oh, really? Why do you think that she was taken aback? 

2 minutes ago, Danai G said:

Oh, really? Why do you think that she was taken aback? 

Her own energy and performing isn't what she usually is like. To be fair, it was a very rainy day and the audience was talking through most of it. I'd be a bit fed up as well :deadbanana4:

Just now, nathanspears said:

Her own energy and performing isn't what she usually is like. To be fair, it was a very rainy day and the audience was talking through most of it. I'd be a bit fed up as well :deadbanana4:

I think that the energy during Euphoria was good but yeah, it was clear that she didn't give it all, especially during Jupiter Drive. 

Very sad to hear that she was getting verbally abused during her set, I wonder if these were Kaa fans or was genuine hostility to her being morrocan.

41 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

Very sad to hear that she was getting verbally abused during her set, I wonder if these were Kaa fans or was genuine hostility to her being morrocan.

There's a few videos where it seems like some men (?) are constantly shouting her name and something I can't understand. To be honest, I'm not sure I want to know what they were saying. A bit of a rough start but I'm sure the rest of the shows will be better!

5 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

I don't think that these were Käärijä fans. They simply did not like her unfortunately. In various articles about the festival, it's stated that unfortunately the majority of the audience was bored during her set. Young people tend to be quite hostile in festivals, it's common to be disrespectful...

It's sad that the first festival of the season had to be like this. Today I am sure that the audience will show Loreen the support she deserves. 

I found this article about Loreen. Unfortunately it confirms the lack of interest during Loreen's performance, most people were not hyped about the rest of her songs and not even Euphoria could hype them up. Thankfully it's not hateful towards Loreen, in fact the journalist added some positive comments. But yeah, the negative criticism is evident...

What I find confusing is that the writer said that Loreen was not interactive with the crowd and that she focused on the front row only. Is that really important? Artists perform in festivals for music, not for chit-chat. 

Anyway, let's hope that Tinderbox will go better. Perhaps Danish people did not care? I don't know...

I'm in my delusional/fantasy headspace again.

Seeing as there's no album this year, I would love it if instead, they grouped Neon Lights, Tattoo, Is It Love, Forever, Batwanes Beek and then maybe 2/3 bonus songs into a compilation album.

No idea if Universal would let them do that but it would be nice.

4 hours ago, nathanspears said:

I'm in my delusional/fantasy headspace again.

Seeing as there's no album this year, I would love it if instead, they grouped Neon Lights, Tattoo, Is It Love, Forever, Batwanes Beek and then maybe 2/3 bonus songs into a compilation album.

No idea if Universal would let them do that but it would be nice.

I wish she would have released an album last year, the hype around her name and Tattoo was CRAZY. She could have included Tattoo, Is It Love, Neon Lights, Batwanes Beek and definitely some more tracks. We all know that she had been recording many songs after Eurovision, she also travelled to US before Melodifestivalen. I don't understand what was the issue to release only one song after Eurovision. 

I am not positive about the album's success if it'll be released next year. Right now Forever is doing the bare minimum in the charts and not even her interval act could boost its streams. I have faith in her and her management but I'm a little bit worried. 😭

I hope that she has the rights to include Tattoo in her next album. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.