Top Posters In This Topic

• NOW

• ontherocks

• Aethereal

• VeniceBeach

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

Dealer and Bathing Suit :jonnycat:

Beautiful, raw songs, I also love the title track and will always cherish Thunder. BB gets so much hate but it was made when she was at her lowest and probably didn't care enough to polish it up.

It will just live on as a lowkey gem for us.

Edited by NOW

She says she's met Bruce Springsteen 3 times already, at least via Facetime while working with Jack.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/video/interior-shots-of-singer-lana-del-rey-with-the-special-news-footage/2155029225?adppopup=true

Imagine receiving prestigious music awards and you've got your all-time idols like Bruce and Priscilla sitting in the audience listening to you speak.

Born To Die has now sold over 2.3M pure sales in US.

And as of August 2014 it had sold 4.5M track downloads in US. 

However, Smith was beat by one of the world's most streamed artists. Del Rey's 2012 debut, "Born to Die," was No. 1 globally in Spotify's "median ranking," measuring the popularity of all tracks on an album, and eighth in overall streaming activity. (Sales-wise, the album has moved 1.1 million units and 4.5 million tracks in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.)

https://www.billboard.com/pro/sam-smiths-spotify-gamble-did-it-pay-off/

Vinyl sales in US vs WW in 2023.

BTD - 192K from US, 256k WW.

Tunnel - 215K from US, 352K WW.

Position Artist Album Units
1 Taylor Swift 1989 (Taylor's Version) 1,400k
2 Taylor Swift Speak Now (Taylor's Version) 684k
3 Taylor Swift Midnights 562k
4 Travis Scott UTOPIA 415k
5 Pink Floyd The Dark Side of The Moon 402k
6 Olivia Rodrigo GUTS 398k
7 Taylor Swift folklore 377k
8 Lana Del Rey Did you know that… 352k
9 Taylor Swift Lover 323k
10 Fleetwood Mac Rumours 323k
11 The Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds 305k
12 Lana Del Rey Born To Die 256k
13 Taylor Swift evermore 237k
14 Queen Greatest Hits 227k
15 Taylor Swift Red (Taylor's Version) 225k
16 Tyler, The Creator IGOR 218k
17 Michael Jackson Thriller 217k
18 Metallica 72 Seasons 206k
19 Harry Styles Harry's House 204k
20 boygenius the record 200k
Edited by Aethereal
  • Like 2

The unreleased songs should remain unreleased with some few exceptions. SYTH being released is the best thing from that collection everything else is negligible to me TBH. 

@NOW

Kill, kill really grew on me. Such a nice relaxing summer song. It only needs a better production it sounds like a demo and not ALL (or even MOST) of her demos are better than the official produced version no matter what some Lana stans say.

Also add a good bridge on it and also change the title. 

On 6/17/2024 at 6:29 AM, Aethereal said:

@NOW

Kill, kill really grew on me. Such a nice relaxing summer song. It only needs a better production it sounds like a demo and not ALL (or even MOST) of her demos are better than the official produced version no matter what some Lana stans say.

Also add a good bridge on it and also change the title. 

"I'm in love with a dying man" sounds better and just like a modern Lana song title

1 minute ago, NOW said:

"I'm in love with a dying man" sounds better and just like a modern Lana song title

The song has so much potential but the production is a bit cheap (not in a bad way). It would slay if Lana released a newer version of it. 

Just now, Aethereal said:

The song has so much potential but the production is a bit cheap (not in a bad way). It would slay if Lana released a newer version of it. 

I wouldn't mind if she didn't change anything before she rereleases that album, maybe just remastering it a bit. It has that nostalgic Myspace indie sleaze vibe that I used to obsess over during that time :smitten:

1 minute ago, NOW said:

I wouldn't mind if she didn't change anything before she rereleases that album, maybe just remastering it a bit. It has that nostalgic Myspace indie sleaze vibe that I used to obsess over during that time :smitten:

Also the new version of SYTH grew on me I like it equally as much as the UV (old) version.

4 minutes ago, Aethereal said:

Also the new version of SYTH grew on me I like it equally as much as the UV (old) version.

The leaked demo was nice but the song itself is beautiful that any arrangement would've been fine for release. The Honeymoon version was cute too.

The fact that it's her fastest song to clock half a billion Spotify streams is insane.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.