Lana Del Rey

Living Legend

nvm it was about tropico, I was hoping it was about Ride, one of her best songs and the top 2 on BTD. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOW

• ontherocks

• Aethereal

• VeniceBeach

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Teenage Dream was on the way of becoming the most iconic album of 2010s but Lana heard Peacock and said that is it.

Edited by Aethereal
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Aethereal said:

tumblr_mcuz3yJ4iI1riniogo1_1280.jpg&key=

The way she was just spewing hate on Katy, Kesha, and Gaga back then but loved Britney and probably Rihanna as well :toofunny3:

6 minutes ago, NOW said:

The way she was just spewing hate on Katy, Kesha, and Gaga back then but loved Britney and probably Rihanna as well :toofunny3:

it was 2010, she was having her original question for the culture moment with misdirecting her anger to female artists who were blowing up with trashy songs. (gaga is more personal but still fits) she probably felt bad that her career was just not happening yet 

whereas britney blew up when she was a teen and had her this is what makes us young lolitas moment and it's not surprising at all she'd stan britney which was the embodiment of that early on visually, i feel like as she said britney was an influence to her in terms of the cutesy high school lolita vibes during born to die. i don't know how much she cared for rihanna tbh

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

it was 2010, she was having her original question for the culture moment with misdirecting her anger to female artists who were blowing up with trashy songs. (gaga is more personal but still fits) she probably felt bad that her career was just not happening yet 

whereas britney blew up when she was a teen and had her this is what makes us young lolitas moment and it's not surprising at all she'd stan britney which was the embodiment of that early on visually, i feel like as she said britney was an influence to her in terms of the cutesy high school lolita vibes during born to die. i don't know how much she cared for rihanna tbh

The fact that she still secretly hates Katy's music to this day :gaycat7:

Just now, NOW said:

The fact that she still secretly hates Katy's music to this day :gaycat7:

well... did she lie:ryan3:

3 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

well... did she lie:ryan3:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxmVPzWJ9FsyRQHCcwIjR

Champagne Problems could've fit onto Future Nostalgia though, easily replacing the filler'd Boys Will Be Boys.

• Like 1

"Stefani you suck, I know you're selling 20 million" :ahh:

Posted (edited)

Her show at Gulf Shores, Alabama is this weekend 

Edited by ontherocks

1 hour ago, ontherocks said:

Her show at Gulf Shores, Alabama is this weekend 

If no changes in the setlist happen (let's be real), better that she keeps the Coachella one. UV and Blue Jeans being replaced by West Coast and Without You works better...also wouldn't mind VB and DMD coming back.

3 minutes ago, NOW said:

If no changes in the setlist happen (let's be real), better that she keeps the Coachella one. UV and Blue Jeans being replaced by West Coast and Without You works better...also wouldn't mind VB and DMD coming back.

Change and Carmen, pls 

2 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

Change and Carmen, pls 

We've known how the gp feels about Carmen since the beginning :laugh: And Radio too, at that!

11 minutes ago, NOW said:

We've known how the gp feels about Carmen since the beginning :laugh: And Radio too, at that!

Opening up with Change, then Bartender, Carmen and Arcadia 

2 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

Opening up with Change, then Bartender, Carmen and Arcadia 

*Lights dim*

*Band, dancers and backup singers take to the stage*

*Lana enters last to rapturous cheering and music softly begins to play*

There's...only...24 houuuurrs...in a day....

crying-thank-you-fergie.gif

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NOW said:

*Lights dim*

*Band, dancers and backup singers take to the stage*

*Lana enters last to rapturous cheering and music softly begins to play*

There's...only...24 houuuurrs...in a day....

The amount of years, I have not listened to that track :rip:

I'm gonna see her in Barcelona in 2 weeks I just know I'm gonna pee when West Coast comes on

This her best live performance, it looks like nearly the same as the recorded version. I wonder if she can replicate this performance years later or maybe her voice has changed with age? Probably not. However I would like to see her perform live in studio as she sound so much better. I think she would eat her recent works like Tunnel or NFR in studio which is even more convenient for her now.  

Also I think she needs some backing voices to help her live, not saying a strictly lip-synching performance but yeah. Don't go pure fair and live. Do something to help yourself. :shakeno:

7 minutes ago, Aethereal said:

Also I think she needs some backing voices to help her live

She already has them sis. It's a mix of live backing vocals and the studio ones too :biblionny:

1 minute ago, BrokenMachine said:

She already has them sis. It's a mix of live backing vocals and the studio ones too :biblionny:

I know but she needs more in some cases.

No one is ever topping this, not even her.

They kept the Kintsugi stairs from Coachella. Smart to get them to fund it for her to reuse :lakitu:

Streets are saying Tommy Genesis was also there rehearsing Peppers... @Katamari

GNwWnswXEAAAnh9?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NOW said:

They kept the Kintsugi stairs from Coachella. Smart to get them to fund it for her to reuse :lakitu:

Streets are saying Tommy Genesis was also there rehearsing Peppers... @Katamari

GNwWnswXEAAAnh9?format=jpg&name=large

Djjsbdusbd 

dndjwjd

:jonnycat: now if she ads religion to setlist this will be the best concert ever :jonny5:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NOW said:

No one is ever topping this, not even her.

I wish she picked some handsome men that look like Jon Hamm/Don Draper or whatever but not these guys. :shakeno:

I wonder if Ride is her favorite song of the album? She always performs it and dedicated the most expensive video on it. 

It is on the bottom top 2 in streams and downloads among all of her 6 singles and it is crazy. GP let her down on this masterpiece.  

3 minutes ago, Aethereal said:

I wish she picked some handsome men that look like Jon Hamm/Don Draper or whatever but not these guys. :shakeno:

I wonder if Ride is her favorite song of the album? She always performs it and dedicated the most expensive video on it. 

It is on the bottom top 2 in streams and downloads among all of her 6 singles and it is crazy. GP let her down on this masterpiece.  

I don't know if it would work. In the story for this one in particular, she did not lead a conventional life during this period, so would make sense that she would be seeing men who weren't conventional in looks and lifestyle as well.

I think it's probably her most deeply personal song/video from the BTD: Paradise songs because it's less about her fantasies, beliefs, or individual boyfriends and more about talking about the journey she's been on so far. Hopefully it does stay remembered. It may end up being her most iconic video as time goes on because the message just hits harder the older you get.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.