Top Posters In This Topic

• NOW

• ontherocks

• Aethereal

• VeniceBeach

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, VeniceBeach said:

We're back, the summer and those 7M+ daily streams for BTD are coming :clap:

I feel like Blue Jeans and Ride deserved those streams instead of Radio and Diet Mountain Dew.

They need to stop hiring OLDRH for interns... :coffee2:

• Like 1

I want to see her at Coachella but the lineup is AWFUL. If there were more acts I wanted to see it'd be worth it. But I'll prob hold out until she visits my city on tour

8 hours ago, Darius said:

I want to see her at Coachella but the lineup is AWFUL. If there were more acts I wanted to see it'd be worth it. But I'll prob hold out until she visits my city on tour

I don't think she'll do solo shows on the west coast this tour 

3 hours ago, ontherocks said:

I don't think she'll do solo shows on the west coast this tour 

She should...I feel like they will pop up randomly again like last time. Imagine being in her tour crew and having to clear your schedule forever because it could be 1 date or 20 dates coming up :gaycat6:

Anyway she better get up and work if her own idol booked a stage next week.

12 minutes ago, NOW said:

She should...I feel like they will pop up randomly again like last time. Imagine being in her tour crew and having to clear your schedule forever because it could be 1 date or 20 dates coming up :gaycat6:

Anyway she better get up and work if her own idol booked a stage next week.

I think the tickets not selling out @Coachella will make her stop. And the comments ain't nice. 

I think last year was a great chance to tour more. More and more ppl are affected by the inflation. At least here, idk about the States. I live in a big city and every day something is closing, shops are empty, literally nobody inside wanting to buy anything. I never had to pay attention about prices, but damn girl I'll give you one trivial example: the tomatoes I used to buy in my grocery store are 4,49€. Let that sink in. 4,49€ for like 5 or 6 mid-sized tomates. Before the war in Ukraine they were 2€. And that is just stupid ass tomatoes. I don't even wanna talk about the rest. Ppl go to work, buy some food and go straight home. It's insane 

9 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

I think the tickets not selling out @Coachella will make her stop. And the comments ain't nice. 

I think last year was a great chance to tour more. More and more ppl are affected by the inflation. At least here, idk about the States. I live in a big city and every day something is closing, shops are empty, literally nobody inside wanting to buy anything. I never had to pay attention about prices, but damn girl I'll give you one trivial example: the tomatoes I used to buy in my grocery store are 4,49€. Let that sink in. 4,49€ for like 5 or 6 mid-sized tomates. Before the war in Ukraine they were 2€. And that is just stupid ass tomatoes. I don't even wanna talk about the rest. Ppl go to work, buy some food and go straight home. It's insane 

People already spent a fortune on the Taylor and Bey tickets last year so unless you're a diehard stan, I don't see many making that trek into the desert to see her. Coachella did a terrible job marketing any level of exclusivity with the list of performers. Everyone had already toured last year...who will be there that you won't see anywhere else? Love Gwen but most people will not go for her and the band...it needed someone like Rihanna or Outkast to make their return.

That being said, she really needs to step it up. It has to be different for this show.

3 minutes ago, NOW said:

People already spent a fortune on the Taylor and Bey tickets last year so unless you're a diehard stan, I don't see many making that trek into the desert to see her. Coachella did a terrible job marketing any level of exclusivity with the list of performers. Everyone had already toured last year...who will be there that you won't see anywhere else? Love Gwen but most people will not go for her and the band...it needed someone like Rihanna or Outkast to make their return.

That being said, she really needs to step it up. It has to be different for this show.

She has promised a big show. Let's see how it will go down. However I remain sceptical about a tour. Most celebs don't see that cause they don't have the struggles the average man has, but as time goes on and the situation stays the same (and quite frankly, I think it's gonna get ten times worse), they will eventually learn the lesson the hard way. 

Ms Del Rey if you ever wanna sell out again and get a #1 smash,release "Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight" , if they try to cancel you for cultural appropriation,I'm ready to defend with everything I have :jonny5:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

She has promised a big show. Let's see how it will go down. However I remain sceptical about a tour. Most celebs don't see that cause they don't have the struggles the average man has, but as time goes on and the situation stays the same (and quite frankly, I think it's gonna get ten times worse), they will eventually learn the lesson the hard way. 

I have hope she knows that no one is splurging to go and see her perform Arcadia and Bartender...

lana-del.gif

putting the blame on her for the slow sales or expecting Taylor-level demand are such a cheap and dumb attempt to drag her. it's not like she booked the Gilette stadium for herself.

Edited by BloodLuster
  • Thanks 1

Still waiting on that Grammy performance announcement...

lana-del.gif

• Like 1

Lana's daily streams and vinyl sales are more entertaining to me than Megan/Nicki beef. I've grown up a lot. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Nieaverill said:

I think it's even being used a lot as a wedding song now...Y&B has finally been dethroned!

Lana shows up 3 times on Triple J's Top 100 countdown for 2023:

29 - SYTH

60 - A&W

91 - Ocean Blvd

https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hottest100/1-100

Biggest collab since Gucci

like-the-405-i-drive-through-v0-6gecow4x

like-the-405-i-drive-through-v0-458quw4x

Edited by NOW

Since SZA is performing, I don't think there is a doubt that she has won AOTY 

NFR! outselling BTD in retails this week. Lana's stanbase won for the first time. :khalyan2: (I am sure BTD has the lead with big stores and online purchases though)

399 -46%
27 28 LANA DEL REY | DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE'S A TUNNEL UNDER OCEAN BLVD
INTERSCOPE (UMG)
390 -51%
24 29 MAC MILLER | DIVINE FEMININE
WARNER (WMG)
388 -53%
10 30 BOYGENIUS | RECORD
INTERSCOPE (UMG)
384 -66%
40 31 LANA DEL REY | NORMAN ******* ROCKWELL!
INTERSCOPE (UMG)
363 -43%
30 32 DEFTONES | AROUND THE FUR
MAVERICK/WARNER (WMG)
360 -52%
-- 33 SYSTEM OF A DOWN | TOXICITY
LEGACY (SME)
348 --
-- 34 ROBBY KRIEGER | ROBBY KRIEGER & THE SOUL SAVAGES
MASCOT (OTHER)
342 --
29 35 TYLER, THE CREATOR | FLOWER BOY
COLUMBIA (SME)
339 -56%
4 36 COCTEAU TWINS | FOUR CALENDAR CAFE
4AD (BEGGARS)
333 -77%
17 37 TAYLOR SWIFT | MIDNIGHTS
REPUBLIC (UMG)
330 -65%
39 38 MITSKI | THE LAND IS INHOSPITABLE AND SO ARE WE
DEAD OCEANS (SC DISTRIBUTION)
327 -50%
-- 39 PHOEBE BRIDGERS | PUNISHER
DEAD OCEANS (SC DISTRIBUTION)
318 --
37 40 MADVILLAIN | MADVILLAINY
STONES THROW (STONES THROW)
315 -52%
50 41 LANA DEL REY | BORN TO DIE
INTERSCOPE (UMG)
312 -48%
-- 42 KANYE WEST | COLLEGE DROP OUT
G.O.O.D./DEF JAM (UMG)
311 --
-- 43 LANA DEL REY | ULTRAVIOLENCE
INTERSCOPE (UMG)

Anyways it's great to see that a good chunk of her yearly pure sales are from post-first album catalog. Just like streaming shows relevance of all her discography, that is reflected in stores too.

When UMG takes their music off TikTok, her streams will go down, down, down...

Sad that these types of voters are still around...

GFLp6QjWIAAyl7j?format=jpg&name=large

18 minutes ago, NOW said:

Sad that these types of voters are still around...

GFLp6QjWIAAyl7j?format=jpg&name=large

Sounds also like somebody who is more in the Alt crowd and that's the reason why I am saying is that she will have a hard time in that category 

37 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

Sounds also like somebody who is more in the Alt crowd and that's the reason why I am saying is that she will have a hard time in that category 

Imagine being so out of touch for entire decades that you don't follow LDR, Boygenius or even Fiona Apple...and proceed to cite Foo Fighters and Bruce as the current cream of the crop? Misogyny at its finest in these award committees.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NOW said:

Imagine being so out of touch for entire decades that you don't follow LDR, Boygenius or even Fiona Apple...and proceed to cite Foo Fighters and Bruce as the current cream of the crop? Misogyny at its finest in these award committees.

I mean, Fiona is in the game since the mid 90's :rip:

For some of these folks and there are still a lot of them around, real music is when it has guitars and a guy singing, played non stop on the radio and having huge commercial success. Taylor is obviously not a dude, but since AOTY noms are almost women only this year, she's the go-to. Lana can't win over such crowd. Politics is always involved at the Grannies and idk how they could monitor such ancient, regressive entities like this dude 

4 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

I mean, Fiona is in the game since the mid 90's :rip:

For some of these folks and there are still a lot of them around, real music is when it has guitars and a guy singing, played non stop on the radio and having huge commercial success. Taylor is obviously not a dude, but since AOTY noms are almost women only this year, she's the go-to. Lana can't win over such crowd. Politics is always involved at the Grannies and idk how they could monitor such ancient, regressive entities like this dude 

It's crazy that it's not even a requirement listen to all the nominees in a category, you just cast a vote to whoever you want. Sigh...I can see why she never makes an effort to attend or campaign for these shows, when she knows full well half the people in the room will never give her a chance because they're set in their old ways.

6 minutes ago, NOW said:

It's crazy that it's not even a requirement listen to all the nominees in a category, you just cast a vote to whoever you want. Sigh...I can see why she never makes an effort to attend or campaign for these shows, when she knows full well half the people in the room will never give her a chance because they're set in their old ways.

Well, in the end of day, you will always have these ppl. They are all arounds us. And it's pointless to try to get rid of them or discredit the Grammys. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.