• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOW

• ontherocks

• Aethereal

• VeniceBeach

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Tropic said:

Technically she already has collaborated with him on an scrapped album. California, Thunder and Dealer came from those sessions.

Hmm everything I have read about those sessions is about her working with Miles Kane "of The Last Shadow Puppets."

Either way, I'd love to hear more of those sessions and/ or a track with both Turner and Lana voices :celestial:

Anyone here with apple music? Did you see there is karaoke option now? Can some of you check if you are able to get official Blue Velvet, Burning Desire and Without You instrumentals?

the way ive switched on blue ballisters in the last two-ish weeks and now its one of my fav albums of hers. its jut gets better and better with every listen. :jonnycat:

not this popping out on her artist page on Spotify :rip: it's been released today but... why is she credited

The material she's given us in the past 10 years in the form of 100+ songs...still cannot fathom :jonny5:

I really cannot believe Interscope just ignored the Born To Die 10 year anniversary. They celebrated Carly Rae's Emotion 5 year & Kiss 10 year anniversaries with new vinyl releases. We should've gotten one for Born To Die.

I was also hoping they would've re-released LDR/AKA for it's 10 year anniversary 2 years ago. But I'm still conflicted on that as my mind is settled with BTD being her debut.

@BlackoutZone can we have some clarity on these please?

specifically the messy timeline between 2012-2014

• are there any early/draft tracklists of Ultraviolence (possibly from 2013 before Lana met Dan? if not then any UV tracklist) floating around and can it be (re)located and shared?
  • how can we separate Paradise outtakes from early UV outtakes and from a possible scrapped second album between Paradise and UV? any specific recording dates for any/all of the outtake leaks too? iirc someone said that Paradise was potentially to be a full album but cut short to an EP cos it was too soon after BTD? if thats the case then could the Paradise sessions be grouped with the earliest form of UV sessions (whether it was called UV or Tropico, etc)?
  • were Money Power Glory and Old Money are 2012, from before Paradise was released? demo/early versions? supposedly MPG remained unchanged throughout this 2012-UV release timeline?
  • any early form(s) of Shades of Cool? obviously the demo was first recorded in that November 2013 session, but did it exist in any form before then?
  • how much did Dan change on Florida Kilos to warrant a writing credit? rumors have it that it was written in 2013 with Harmony Korine, and then once the Spring Breakers sequel was cancelled (called The Trap? or was it for an entirely different movie?) Lana decided to record it for UV. the timeline feels kind of weird and messy for it to have been written in early 2014. if Florida Kilos was written for the sequel in January-February 2014, it had to have been scrapped for the movie only a month or so later. James Franco discussed his deep distaste for the sequel in May 2014; which then either everything fell apart like a month after Florida Kilos was written, FK was written a while before then, or it wasn't for Spring Breakers at all and was for a different movie (which still was probably scrapped by then if Lana was able to put the song out only 4 months after writing it)

9 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

@BlackoutZone can we have some clarity on these please?

specifically the messy timeline between 2012-2014

• are there any early/draft tracklists of Ultraviolence (possibly from 2013 before Lana met Dan? if not then any UV tracklist) floating around and can it be (re)located and shared?
  • how can we separate Paradise outtakes from early UV outtakes and from a possible scrapped second album between Paradise and UV? any specific recording dates for any/all of the outtake leaks too? iirc someone said that Paradise was potentially to be a full album but cut short to an EP cos it was too soon after BTD? if thats the case then could the Paradise sessions be grouped with the earliest form of UV sessions (whether it was called UV or Tropico, etc)?
  • were Money Power Glory and Old Money are 2012, from before Paradise was released? demo/early versions? supposedly MPG remained unchanged throughout this 2012-UV release timeline?
  • any early form(s) of Shades of Cool? obviously the demo was first recorded in that November 2013 session, but did it exist in any form before then?
  • how much did Dan change on Florida Kilos to warrant a writing credit? rumors have it that it was written in 2013 with Harmony Korine, and then once the Spring Breakers sequel was cancelled (called The Trap? or was it for an entirely different movie?) Lana decided to record it for UV. the timeline feels kind of weird and messy for it to have been written in early 2014. if Florida Kilos was written for the sequel in January-February 2014, it had to have been scrapped for the movie only a month or so later. James Franco discussed his deep distaste for the sequel in May 2014; which then either everything fell apart like a month after Florida Kilos was written, FK was written a while before then, or it wasn't for Spring Breakers at all and was for a different movie (which still was probably scrapped by then if Lana was able to put the song out only 4 months after writing it)

This must be the toughest topic to grasp, cause I've been trying to put all the pieces together and it's still not entirely clear to me either. Both things seem to be true - the Paradise sessions started as second album sessions AND they also planned BTD to have a reissue from the start. I feel like the original plan was to put out BTD re-release with some previous outtakes (such as Damn You / Hollywood's Dead, hence the finals you have snippets of, those were made in 2012), but as Lana continued recording material for the next album she just couldn't wait to put it out and they merged both. Lana already had TROPICO project in mind in 2012 so perhaps her original idea was to release the album in 2013 alongside the visual. This all does make it hard to group the outtakes.

These were recorded before Paradise was finished:

JFK

Hollywood

I Don't Wanna Go

Starry Eyed

Will You Still Love Me / Young & Beautiful Demo

Life Is Beautiful

So I guess you could say they are paradise outtakes? But then:

JFK - this has unleaked newer version, but I don't know if it was made shortly after in 2012 or already in 2013. It has just 1 change, but considering the Untouchable 5 files leaked from Rick's website breach or something you'd assume the newest versions of the tracks were there, which would make a newer version of any of them from mid-late 2013. But maybe the newer version is just something they attempted, didn't like and revert back?

Hollywood - same as above, but this was actually heavily considered for UV before Dan happened

I Don't Wanna Go - the leaked version is the final, but Im pretty sure it was considered for UV as well

Starry Eyed - I never heard about this being considered for the album or worked beyond what leaked

Y&B - reworked for the movie in 2013

LIB - reworked for the movie in 2015

I personally only treat JFK, I Don't Wanna Go, Starry Eyed as Paradise outtakes, but this all remains debatable.

Next up - sure, Old Money or MPG already existed in 2012, so did Mike / Wild One and few others, but it was all late 2012. Paradise EP was finished circa late September, I think that's when mixing and mastering happened. That still leaves Lana with 3 months of 2012 during which she was recording material for a post-Paradise release already. Those sessions and everything further automatically became UV.

Shades Of Cool started as a scratchy demo that was a bit different, but that's already Nov 2013, prior to that it didn't exist.

I've never heard about Florida Kilos existing prior to early 2014, it definitely wasn't made with different producer so if it existed before in some way it must have only been as a self-made voice memo track or a song she had written, but not recorded professionally.

Something else occurred to me that I was wrong about before. I Don't Wanna Go remains a Paradise outtake and Lake Placid isn't an early title of it. Lake Placid is a rework of IDWG for early UV, so yes that title is definitely on that paper sheet you are discussing on LB. I'd love to join the discussions, cause this has been a fascinating topic to me, but I do not remember my password sorry dd

3 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Something else occurred to me that I was wrong about before. I Don't Wanna Go remains a Paradise outtake and Lake Placid isn't an early title of it. Lake Placid is a rework of IDWG for early UV, so yes that title is definitely on that paper sheet you are discussing on LB. I'd love to join the discussions, cause this has been a fascinating topic to me, but I do not remember my password sorry dd

thank you so much :jonny:

5 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

a question, did Rick Nowels or Dan worked on Dragonslayer and was it made in 2013 or 2014?

17 minutes ago, Music Xclusive said:

a question, did Rick Nowels or Dan worked on Dragonslayer and was it made in 2013 or 2014?

that's just Rick, 2013

@BlackoutZone Those snippets of Hollywood’s Dead + Damn You finals were REAL? :rip: It’s been 10 years since they leaked, I was happy to assume they were fake lmao

Are there any other BTD outtakes you recall being revisited in 2012?

Thanks so much for the info as always!

6 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

This must be the toughest topic to grasp, cause I've been trying to put all the pieces together and it's still not entirely clear to me either. Both things seem to be true - the Paradise sessions started as second album sessions AND they also planned BTD to have a reissue from the start. I feel like the original plan was to put out BTD re-release with some previous outtakes (such as Damn You / Hollywood's Dead, hence the finals you have snippets of, those were made in 2012), but as Lana continued recording material for the next album she just couldn't wait to put it out and they merged both. Lana already had TROPICO project in mind in 2012 so perhaps her original idea was to release the album in 2013 alongside the visual. This all does make it hard to group the outtakes.

These were recorded before Paradise was finished:

JFK

Hollywood

I Don't Wanna Go

Starry Eyed

Will You Still Love Me / Young & Beautiful Demo

Life Is Beautiful

So I guess you could say they are paradise outtakes? But then:

JFK - this has unleaked newer version, but I don't know if it was made shortly after in 2012 or already in 2013. It has just 1 change, but considering the Untouchable 5 files leaked from Rick's website breach or something you'd assume the newest versions of the tracks were there, which would make a newer version of any of them from mid-late 2013. But maybe the newer version is just something they attempted, didn't like and revert back?

Hollywood - same as above, but this was actually heavily considered for UV before Dan happened

I Don't Wanna Go - the leaked version is the final, but Im pretty sure it was considered for UV as well

Starry Eyed - I never heard about this being considered for the album or worked beyond what leaked

Y&B - reworked for the movie in 2013

LIB - reworked for the movie in 2015

I personally only treat JFK, I Don't Wanna Go, Starry Eyed as Paradise outtakes, but this all remains debatable.

Next up - sure, Old Money or MPG already existed in 2012, so did Mike / Wild One and few others, but it was all late 2012. Paradise EP was finished circa late September, I think that's when mixing and mastering happened. That still leaves Lana with 3 months of 2012 during which she was recording material for a post-Paradise release already. Those sessions and everything further automatically became UV.

Shades Of Cool started as a scratchy demo that was a bit different, but that's already Nov 2013, prior to that it didn't exist.

I've never heard about Florida Kilos existing prior to early 2014, it definitely wasn't made with different producer so if it existed before in some way it must have only been as a self-made voice memo track or a song she had written, but not recorded professionally.

this is so fascinating... her productivity is truly unmatched :WAP:

25 minutes ago, likefoxesdo said:

@BlackoutZone Those snippets of Hollywood’s Dead + Damn You finals were REAL? :rip: It’s been 10 years since they leaked, I was happy to assume they were fake lmao

Are there any other BTD outtakes you recall being revisited in 2012?

Thanks so much for the info as always!

I don't tbh

17 minutes ago, Music Xclusive said:

@BlackoutZone are the registered songs "Morricone" and "Piano Theme" produced by Sacha Skarbek UV or BTD outtakes?

These songs don't exist, they were instrumental concepts for Lana

17 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

These songs don't exist, they were instrumental concepts for Lana

:rip:

Well at least we know finally nnn

@BlackoutZone i was gonna wait a while to ask more questions cos i didnt wanna seem like a bother but it looks like you dont mind at the moment. you can answer later if you dont want to now

• are Yes to Heaven versions 1 + 2 being stem edits of one single version (IanadeIrey on LBs made a mix of both cos it seemed like both versions were missing something and putting them together made it feel more complete) + which specific version was on HM's tracklist at one point?
  • any Lizzy Grant era tea/tracks/tracklists/etc we dont know. we need EVERYTHING
  • can you help decipher the titles here? we have a rough idea of whats here but its very blurry. are these different unleaked songs? alt titles of songs we know of + any idea about this title? full title of Lake Placid? since some see Lake Placid in the list.
  • is the west coast radio mix and west coast rick nowels version the one version?
  • Talking like an Answering Machine - Real or mistakenly registered song

also (optional) whats your LBs display name if you remember? there is a BlackoutZone but its an unused dormant account, likely not yours

and severely off topic, (my personal question, also optional) do you have any info on Kesha's unreleased at all?

@BlackoutZone lemme hop on this q&a and ask if is it true that there are over 100 songs recorded for lust for life and some of them are witchy :giraffe:

also do you know anything about new cardi music sorry for asking…

also you can message elle or admin about your account situation they’ll be able to sort it out and let you make a new acc or smthn

Edited by punisher

1 minute ago, punisher said:

also you can message elle or admin about your account situation they’ll be able to sort it out and let you make a new acc or smthn

elle = admin :bird:

also BoZ cant login without a password and thats what he lost

Edited by Vixen Eyes

10 minutes ago, Vixen Eyes said:

@BlackoutZone i was gonna wait a while to ask more questions cos i didnt wanna seem like a bother but it looks like you dont mind at the moment. you can answer later if you dont want to now

• are Yes to Heaven versions 1 + 2 being stem edits of one single version (IanadeIrey on LBs made a mix of both cos it seemed like both versions were missing something and putting them together made it feel more complete) + which specific version was on HM's tracklist at one point?
  • any Lizzy Grant era tea/tracks/tracklists/etc we dont know. we need EVERYTHING
  • can you help decipher the titles here? we have a rough idea of whats here but its very blurry. are these different unleaked songs? alt titles of songs we know of + any idea about this title? full title of Lake Placid? since some see Lake Placid in the list.
  • is the west coast radio mix and west coast rick nowels version the one version?
  • Talking like an Answering Machine - Real or mistakenly registered song

also (optional) whats your LBs display name if you remember? there is a BlackoutZone but its an unused dormant account, likely not yours

and severely off topic, (my personal question, also optional) do you have any info on Kesha's unreleased at all?

Ok yeah, let's slow down. I do remember making account on LB with this nickname when the site had some hype, but I never used it and I tried some passwords now and it's locked. I try to reset it with the email I remembered being assigned to it and it supposedly did, but I never received the email. Could someone ask Elle on my behalf to somehow force-reset my password/send me the email to reset it, I don't know where to contact her

1 minute ago, BlackoutZone said:

Ok yeah, let's slow down. I do remember making account on LB with this nickname when the site had some hype, but I never used it and I tried some passwords now and it's locked. I try to reset it with the email I remembered being assigned to it and it supposedly did, but I never received the email. Could someone ask Elle on my behalf to somehow force-reset my password/send me the email to reset it, I don't know where to contact her

yeah lemme message Elle

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.