Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

Joker FAD might end up being panned but it will be a commercial success so there's that. 

worst thing would be it getting DRAGGED and BOMBING. That'd be the end of Gaga's acting career.  

• Replies 215.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Infernal Paradise

• Almodusa

• Artur

• hausofbryan

7 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Oh don't worry, the music is getting panned by the critics too 

That's not true tho. It's fine to joke around and I LOVE the memes :dies:, but every review I've seen has praised the score and soundtrack. The real issue they have with it is that it's a (jazzy) musical, and many feel it wasn't the right choice for this particular movie. Specifically, critics say the first half of the movie is tolerable, even if you're not into musicals, but the second half becomes unbearable and boring.

One of my favorite quotes from the reviews is: "At one point, Arthur says to Harleen, 'Please stop singing!' and I was like, 'YES, thank you for saying that!'"

:bibliahh:

Another one of my favorites is 

" 'Let's give the people what they want' yet the movie didn't end at that exact moment " 

:dies:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dämon said:

Joker FAD might end up being panned but it will be a commercial success so there's that. 

worst thing would be it getting DRAGGED and BOMBING. That'd be the end of Gaga's acting career.  

Even if it bombs (and it will bomb) it will not end Gaga's career, c mon now :rip:

• Thanks 1

Just now, opbranden said:

Even if it bombs (and it will bomb) it will not end Gaga's career, c mon now :rip:

Literally all actors have bombs in their filmography

Little monsteds are so dramatic

• Thanks 5

Girl, Hollywood is ruthless when it comes to these things. 

especially when Gaga stars in so few movies. Why would a director cast someone who's known for picking up commercial failures + movies that get panned? 

It's not like music where you can get a flop era and act like nothing happened 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 20

1 minute ago, Sugden said:

Literally all actors have bombs in their filmography

Little monsteds are so dramatic

She literally has one of the most successful songs of the year and she probably already has a new role booked :toofunny3:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dämon said:

especially when Gaga stars in so few movies. Why would a director cast someone who's known for picking up commercial failures + movies that get panned? 

Ryan Gosling and Margret Robbie literally had like ten consecutive bombs before Barbie, Gaga is more than fine. 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Dämon said:

If the movie is bad as ****, it won't be Gaga's fault. Trust me, WB knows she's the only saving grace and they're banking on her to save it. That's why, once the first projections dropped, they started pushing Gaga everywhere. Studios know they can count on her star power, even if the movie sucks.

• Like 5

FAD bombing will not kill her career be serious :rip: she's an acclaimed actress and even in this movie most critics are praising her as the highlight

BUT she really needs to pick her next role wisely, a movie is a way bigger time investment than an album

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Dämon said:

That´s not how it works, re-read your sentence. If JLo was still getting movies after Anaconda... that movie was a recurrent joke for about a decade, JLo did not get critical and commercial success until A Romance Out of Sight, and at that point, she had 2 or 3 movies already booked (I would be very surprised if Gaga doesn't).

7 minutes ago, David_Greengrass97 said:

Too much negativity 😕 

I think it's because she released a jazz-inspired album as a mainstream project. If this was a collaboration with Tony, no one would care. But it's a companion album for a billion dollar franchise and she's wasting the opportunity to make something great and instead, preferred to sing 🎶Good Morning, Good Morning🎶 in a theatre kid voice. 

Edited by Badgalbriel
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 11

Gaga will continue getting roles the way she continues to be highlight of all the movies she stared in so far. I hope she does sci fi or thriller next, that's more of her arthetistic honestly

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MonsterJohn said:

Gaga will continue getting roles the way she continues to be highlight of all the movies she stared in so far. I hope she does sci fi or thriller next, that's more of her arthetistic honestly

And no more musicals. 2 out 3 movies being musicals is a little too much. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, MonsterJohn said:

Yes, perhaps even something in the realm of art-house horror. :bird:

Yes, perhaps even something in the realm of art-house horror. :bird:

It's time to play a nun in the next The Pope´s Exorcist movie, yass

• Haha 1

Just now, UnRayuki said:

That movie was fun.

So gaydies what are we moaning about Today???

Little Monster Moaning Chart

#1 Gaga failed acting career +1

#2 Harlequin Jazz -1

#3 Joker 2 Bombing (=)

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, UnRayuki said:

I was thinking more of The Substance, Midsommar, The VVitch etc :bird:

Edited by opbranden

26 minutes ago, Dämon said:

Wym? ASIB and HOG are not commercial failures. And as if Gaga is getting panned in the movie for director or studio or producer not to hire her. I'd agree to you if Gaga's acting is the one getting panned. 

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, opbranden said:

I was thinking more of The Substance, Midsommar, The VVitch etc :bird:

I didn´t like Midsommar at all, but I would KILL to see Gaga doing a Toni Collette rendition walking on the walls possessed by a demon.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.