Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

Just now, gab00 said:

Am I the only one genuinely enjoying the album ? And I hated/never Even listened in full c2c and L4S.

I find her vocals very pleasant in the whole album.

I just hate good morning and get happy.

Her vocals here are her best work to date, enjoy what you enjoy.:bird:

• Replies 215.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Infernal Paradise

• Almodusa

• Artur

• hausofbryan

1 minute ago, MadameX said:

are we back to flopping now? :dancehall:

the only "real" flop here is jfàd

no one expects a traditional pop album to do well on the charts except for maybe oghs

• Like 1

FAD slowly becomes the best track from Harlequin I fear :jonny:

Very Sound of Music coded and I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE Her Sound of Music's performance at The Oscars.. :jonny5:

• Like 1

So typically artists get way less of a cut when a sample or cover is used, the label owns that so they get profits from the song and the cover/sample. So I wonder if maybe she got extra shafted on the soundtrack deal and this album was a way to have a little something tied to her name and a little more of the profits going to her. It is interesting that this album was the debut of Lil Monsters LLC. Gaga and Michael are making sure she gets her coin from the JFAD project 

Just finished my ASIB viewing :chick3: The editing was better than I remember 

Anyway… Good morning, good morning to you :katie2: 

When the soundtrack released, I might be able to create an album length playlist from songs of two albums to create a really good listening experience, so far I have saved 7 songs from Harlequin.:gaynetcat4:

Like her Close To You film version is also immaculate (from the snippet so far), I expect to like her Harleen voice very much, might be even better than her harlequin voice.

6 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

Just finished my ASIB viewing :chick3: The editing was better than I remember 

Anyway… Good morning, good morning to you :katie2: 

i'm still mad we didn't get clover in full

• Thanks 1

Can I just share a quick story on how I first heard this album? 😂 

I had a long day at work yesterday and went to have a nap on the couch, kinda late in the day.

My partner knew I wanted to hear this album as soon as it was out and thought it would be fun to play it on the living room speaker once it was out (9pm for us) to wake me up.

Anyways, I woke up from an unpleasant nap to Gaga belting out Good Morning and I f*ckin hated it and I was tryna shut the speaker off while coming out of an angry haze. Poor guy was befuddled cause he thought I'd enjoy it and I was just a cranky bastard about it.

I think it soured my initial reaction to the album, but I've listened to it twice more today and it's… well, it's still not my cup of tea for the most part, but I don't absolutely hate it as much I did in that instance listening to Good Morning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

No it isn't 'half covers'. I'm gonna go through the effort of actually counting out all of her songs because this argument is extremely tiresome. 

The Fame: 17
The Fame Monster: 8
Born This Way: 17
ARTPOP: 15
Joanne: 13
ASIB: 13
Chromatica: 15
Harlequin: 2
Other singles (Til It Happens To You, The Cure, Hold My Hand, Die With A Smile, Vanity, Stuck On Fuckin You etc): 7
Features: 4
Total: 111

Jazz/Traditional Pop Projects:
A Very Gaga Holiday: 2
The Lady Is A Tramp: 1
Cheek to Cheek: 15
Love For Sale: 9
Harlequin: 11
Other Covers (Your Song, The Prayer, Winter Wonderland, Hello Hello, I Want Your Love, Smile (2020), Dont Let Me Be Misunderstood): 7
Total: 45

More than 2/3rds of her discography is original and most of the covers I had to STRETCH to find because either nobody listens to them or nobody cares because people don't look at artists whole discography and selectively use the number of songs they've recorded as ammo in a stupid argument. I took songs off of her studio albums like interludes as well. Gaga's been recording covers alongside her pop music in a career spanning 16 years and, as you can see, has been able to do so alongside pop material. If I really wanted to stretch this argument adnaseum I guess I could include remixes and different versions of her own material to consider "covers", and maybe at that point the covers would be close to matching the amount of original music she has put out. Her output averages a pop album every 2.5 years which isn't bad considering she has diversified and made whole Jazz eras as side projects that she worked on while recording new pop music and acting. 

You really didn't have to go to all that effort but thanks lol. Look I'm not shitting on her I'm just saying this album is not good and a little uninspired. 

we know she can do better but how is she gonna produce better work if she farts into a microphone and you all tell her it's the best thing since Mozart!? 

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 5

Just now, Gerard141 said:

we know she can do better but how is she gonna produce better work if she farts into a microphone and you all tell her it's the best thing since Mozart!?

ijbol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

wait, she's performing two nights on kimmel?

they're probably airing different songs on multiple nights. she's only scheduled for one performance recording 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy mistake kinda sounds like a coffee house cover of a cranberries song, anyone hear what I'm hearing 

40 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

No it isn't 'half covers'. I'm gonna go through the effort of actually counting out all of her songs because this argument is extremely tiresome. 

The Fame: 17
The Fame Monster: 8
Born This Way: 17
ARTPOP: 15
Joanne: 13
ASIB: 13
Chromatica: 15
Harlequin: 2
Other singles (Til It Happens To You, The Cure, Hold My Hand, Die With A Smile, Vanity, Stuck On Fuckin You etc): 7
Features: 4
Total: 111

Jazz/Traditional Pop Projects:
A Very Gaga Holiday: 2
The Lady Is A Tramp: 1
Cheek to Cheek: 15
Love For Sale: 9
Harlequin: 11
Other Covers (Your Song, The Prayer, Winter Wonderland, Hello Hello, I Want Your Love, Smile (2020), Dont Let Me Be Misunderstood): 7
Total: 45

More than 2/3rds of her discography is original and most of the covers I had to STRETCH to find because either nobody listens to them or nobody cares because people don't look at artists whole discography and selectively use the number of songs they've recorded as ammo in a stupid argument. I took songs off of her studio albums like interludes as well. Gaga's been recording covers alongside her pop music in a career spanning 16 years and, as you can see, has been able to do so alongside pop material. If I really wanted to stretch this argument adnaseum I guess I could include remixes and different versions of her own material to consider "covers", and maybe at that point the covers would be close to matching the amount of original music she has put out. Her output averages a pop album every 2.5 years which isn't bad considering she has diversified and made whole Jazz eras as side projects that she worked on while recording new pop music and acting. 

111/45 is a pretty crap ratio for not being a 65 year old cruise ship performer 

:ryan3:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Denim said:

Happy mistake kinda sounds like a coffee house cover of a cranberries song, anyone hear what I'm hearing 

Yes - but I wish she'd do a full up original Cranberries style album. THAT would've been fitting of the visuals she gave 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerard141 said:

I enjoy her jazz and genre bending inclinations. I went to one of her first jazz shows in Italy when most fans had abandoned her for it and the show was very good. 

She's got what… 6 studio albums? With most of them eulogizing her career in one way or another. It's really not about genre it's about producing quality cohesive work. Taylor swift gets a pass for throwing out albums because they end up being actually pretty good and songs she's actually written herself. Gaga's released like 2 or 3 albums now that are all COVERS. About HALF of her discography thus far is COVERS. 

Maybe theres a chance LG7 is super upbeat just like Chromatica was, and Harlequin is her way to get out her slow stuff she also likes.

Kind of I am.. Sascha fierce double disc situation. But with LG7 and Harlequin being two completely different releases

Diamond Heart vs Good Morning

A-Yo! vs Get Happy NONE

Joanne vs Oh, when the saints

John Wayne vs World on a string 

Dancin in Circles vs If My friends could see me now NONE

Perfect Illusion vs That's entertainment 

Million Reasons vs Smile

Sinner's Prayer vs The Joker

Come To Mama vs Folie A Deux

Hey Girl vs Gonna Build a Mountain 

Angel Down vs Close to You

Grigio Girls vs Happy Mistake

Just Another Day vs That's Life

Joanne 10 - Harlequin 3

Born This Way

The Fame Monster 

ASIB

ARTPOP 

The Fame

Chromatica

Cheek To Cheek 

[EDIT] Red And Blue 

Harlequin 

Love For Sale

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952vqz1mpjay8q40drqdh

Edited by Dumbledore

39 minutes ago, GipJo said:

To her LG7 lead performance? So you're a jazz stan then.

she ain't wearing that unwashed hair and sundress for lg7, let's be real 

:suburban:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.