Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

Just now, GipJo said:

DWAS is pushing for #1 in 4th October honey, the fact they booked two performance for her is a clear sign they're gonna make her perform DWAS.

considering everything that happened this past week nothing is "clear" when it comes to gaga

• Like 1

• Replies 215.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Infernal Paradise

• Almodusa

• Artur

• hausofbryan

Just now, Gerard141 said:

I think it's less to do with genre and more to do with the albums just not good. I paid to go see her jazz show in Perugia Italy with Tony Bennett which was amazing - in part because the song choices were good. The issue I have with harlequin is primarily bad song choices. 

These songs are some of the most regarded and loved for generations of people how are they bad choices. The fact is most of them are in the movie and many of them are songs she's already covered multiple times as well. Some may be obvious choices but that doesn't make them bad. How are songs like Smile, That's Life, That's Entertainment, Saints Come Marchin In, Good Morning, etc inherently bad songs? :pancake:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm okay with her releasing Harlequin and I love it. Also, she seems in a good place and just having fun with it. We will get LG7 soon 

• Thanks 1

Yeah I think one night will be Harley-Gaga one night will be DWAS-gagag

3 minutes ago, Edu said:

considering everything that happened this past week nothing is "clear" when it comes to gaga

I don't see anything unclear. She is pushing a single, an album and a movie at the same time. Like she said, she is not afraid of doing multiple things all at once.

She is still promoting DWAS, like she hasn't changed her DWAS profile, it's just that she doesn't talk about it in movie interviews right now.

14 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

The existence of this project is unique. She's taken decades old songs and turned them into bonafide Lady Gaga records, complete with transforming her vocal style to fit each songs different style. It's a literal companion to the movie and a spiritual companion to her character and how that has reflected in her own life. Happy Mistake is a clear reference to her career and its moving pieces, being addicted to fame, recognizing her faults and making a new light out of it (the same thesis of Chromatica) and she says that the character of Lee really helped her and hasn't left her, so she channeled it into this project. Stefani Germanotta has always been a student of theatre and classic standards and brought that to Gaga and if you can't see how a lot of us find that special and enjoy this project idk what to tell you. 

I enjoy her jazz and genre bending inclinations. I went to one of her first jazz shows in Italy when most fans had abandoned her for it and the show was very good. 

She's got what… 6 studio albums? With most of them eulogizing her career in one way or another. It's really not about genre it's about producing quality cohesive work. Taylor swift gets a pass for throwing out albums because they end up being actually pretty good and songs she's actually written herself. Gaga's released like 2 or 3 albums now that are all COVERS. About HALF of her discography thus far is COVERS. 

Just now, GipJo said:

I don't see anything unclear. She is pushing a single, an album and a movie at the same time. Like she said, she is not afraid of doing multiple things all at once.

She is still promoting DWAS, like she hasn't changed her DWAS profile, it's just that she doesn't talk about it in movie interviews right now.

also we don't know if she is comfortable with performing the song only by herself

10 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

many of them are songs she's already covered multiple times

My point exactly. If you're gonna land a role in a billion dollar movie you might wanna freshen things up a bit. 

I love that Gaga always uses the Graham Norton show to just hold conversations with the other guests and fan girl lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gerard141 said:

I enjoy her jazz and genre bending inclinations. I went to one of her first jazz shows in Italy when most fans had abandoned her for it and the show was very good. 

She's got what… 6 studio albums? With most of them eulogizing her career in one way or another. It's really not about genre it's about producing quality cohesive work. Taylor swift gets a pass for throwing out albums because they end up being actually pretty good and songs she's actually written herself. Gaga's released like 2 or 3 albums now that are all COVERS. About HALF of her discography thus far is COVERS. 

TIL 3 / 10 is half 

• Haha 2

My thoughts on Harlebomb aside, I know she will slay her performances next week regardless of the song.

Ready for the red wig one night and the gigantic brown wig the next 

:gaygacat4:

12 minutes ago, Gerard141 said:

I think it's less to do with genre and more to do with the albums just not good. I paid to go see her jazz show in Perugia Italy with Tony Bennett which was amazing - in part because the song choices were good. The issue I have with harlequin is primarily bad song choices. 

Which is obviously fair for you to feel that way! Not everything she puts out you're going to like, and that's totally fine. I don't really like ARTPOP - there are some songs I spin but it's no more than a handful, but the project as a whole I tend to turn my back to honestly and I'd say as a whole I don't think it's good. Yet, I saw someone earlier today rank it as their favourite. It's just different tastes.

But also there are people here complaining about "another jazz album" which is in a different context to you saying you just don't think the songs are good. That's kind of what I was getting at more.

Spoiler

It's lowkey interesting as f*ck that life has brought Gaga to majorly reference another commedia dell'arte figure in her career, now we have pierrot and harlequin. When Gaga had the choice to describe herself, she picked pierrot, the sad clown, the anti-hero. Now life brought her to play and find her identity at the opposite end: within the construct of harlequin figure. she had to relate her personality to the archetype, that inititally would not be natural to her; somebody who is both upbeat and villainous. I lowkey feel like this general mood is gonna carry over to LG7. ARTPOP and Chromatica albums where both EDM albums from the perspective of pierrot, a sad clown. I feel like LG7 is gonna be an EDM album from the POV of a harlequin. An artist that still serves to entertain, but is gleefully and deliberately mischieveous, provocative and ready to be a villain if they have to be.

• Like 4

Just now, Arthoe said:
  Hide contents

It's lowkey interesting as f*ck that life has brought Gaga to majorly reference another commedia dell'arte figure in her career, now we have pierrot and harlequin. When Gaga had the choice to describe herself, she picked pierrot, the sad clown, the anti-hero. Now life brought her to play and find her identity at the opposite end: within the construct of harlequin figure. she had to relate her personality to the archetype, that inititally would not be natural to her; somebody who is both upbeat and villainous. I lowkey feel like this general mood is gonna carry over to LG7. ARTPOP and Chromatica albums where both EDM albums from the perspective of pierrot, a sad clown. I feel like LG7 is gonna be an EDM album from the POV of a harlequin. An artist that still serves to entertain, but is gleefully and deliberately mischieveous, provocative and ready to be a villain if they have to be.

Lady Gaga the clown of pop 

4 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

My thoughts on Harlebomb aside, I know she will slay her performances next week regardless of the song.

Ready for the red wig one night and the gigantic brown wig the next 

:gaygacat4:

When she comes out in the still unwashed black hair wig then what?

:ryan3:

1 minute ago, TedLasso said:

An EP

spacer.png

EP is still discography

:khalyan2:

Don't you disrespect the only holiday ''album'' of Gaga we got, I put them and all the live tracks she did in that show and Winter Wonderland in a playlist, and play them during Thanksgiving and Christmas time, so it's an album in my household.:bird:

2 minutes ago, Jack! said:

When she comes out in the still unwashed black hair wig then what?

A LG7 lead surprise performance?

I'd live, we know black hair is for LG7

2 minutes ago, GipJo said:

A LG7 lead surprise performance?

I'd live, we know black hair is for LG7

LG7 lead coming 4/10 following crisis conversations at Interscope after Harlequin's release.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gerard141 said:

No it isn't 'half covers'. I'm gonna go through the effort of actually counting out all of her songs because this argument is extremely tiresome. 

The Fame: 17
The Fame Monster: 8
Born This Way: 17
ARTPOP: 15
Joanne: 13
ASIB: 13
Chromatica: 15
Harlequin: 2
Other singles (Til It Happens To You, The Cure, Hold My Hand, Die With A Smile, Vanity, Stuck On Fuckin You etc): 7
Features: 4
Total: 111

Jazz/Traditional Pop Projects:
A Very Gaga Holiday: 2
The Lady Is A Tramp: 1
Cheek to Cheek: 15
Love For Sale: 9
Harlequin: 11
Other Covers (Your Song, The Prayer, Winter Wonderland, Hello Hello, I Want Your Love, Smile (2020), Dont Let Me Be Misunderstood): 7
Total: 45

More than 2/3rds of her discography is original and most of the covers I had to STRETCH to find because either nobody listens to them or nobody cares because people don't look at artists whole discography and selectively use the number of songs they've recorded as ammo in a stupid argument. I took songs off of her studio albums like interludes as well. Gaga's been recording covers alongside her pop music in a career spanning 16 years and, as you can see, has been able to do so alongside pop material. If I really wanted to stretch this argument adnaseum I guess I could include remixes and different versions of her own material to consider "covers", and maybe at that point the covers would be close to matching the amount of original music she has put out. Her output averages a pop album every 2.5 years which isn't bad considering she has diversified and made whole Jazz eras as side projects that she worked on while recording new pop music and acting. 

• Like 5

Am I the only one genuinely enjoying the album ? And I hated/never Even listened in full c2c and L4S.

I find her vocals very pleasant in the whole album.

I just hate good morning and get happy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.