Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

8 minutes ago, Bamboo said:

Same :rip: Most of mine got through two tracks and stopped

Same. :deadbanana4: One of my besties even texted me about not checking this out when the Harlequin news dropped because it was Joker related. :rip:

Honestly, it's kinda amazing that Gaga is still doing those kind of numbers when she's doing all the things that the gays hate: bro-ey heterosexual comic book film adaptations and vocal jazz music after she made us listen to her take on country music for 2 eras in a row with Joanne and ASIB. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 215.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Infernal Paradise

• Almodusa

• Artur

• hausofbryan

17 minutes ago, TeemoR said:

I just need her to release a 90+ Metacritic score this year. I need a BRAT level album from her, she has the talent. 

This year (2024) Not happening sis. And what's with the 90+ obsession. 80+ is just as good.

Edited by Kanes

1 minute ago, Gerard141 said:

Yeah and in the promotional images for it she references the Joanne tour and BTW ball. Like whats that got to do with Harley Quinn and DC and Warner Bros 🤣 

Because this album is also about herself.:cm:

1 minute ago, Tovitov said:

We got Pop music from her last month. And we're getting more pop music from her next month :coffee2:

Like? People be having rage issues over a cute little record she cooked up that they didn't even know existed a few days ago and can't shut up about it apparently. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tovitov said:

Safe to just add 10 points to all of Gaga's releases pre-Chromatica. Except maybe Joanne but it would still probably cleared 70 on metacritic if poptimism was a thing in 2016. 

Poptimism was a thing in 2016 though. It started with 1989 and that overrated Carly album.

Benson-Boone.gif

1 minute ago, Kanes said:

Not happening this year sis. And what's with the 90+ obsession. 80+ is just as good.

I will be happy with that as well, just setting up goals.

We need a strong lead single for LG7. Let's not forget about Stupid Love....oh my...what was that. I mean Chromatica turned out to be a very good pop album, but that lead single....serving ME!

• Like 1

The one thing I will say is, think of this as a reach or whatever, but when I was watching the Graham Norton interview I kind of laughed a little when one of the first things she said when he asked her about Harlequin was "it's jazzy". I'd need to go back and rewatch but I feel like she almost interrupted herself to say that. And then went on to highlight the point that she can do all these genres of music and put it out and it's okay cause she wants to. I read it as her saying basically "I'm not going to stop doing this sort of music, even if you don't like it". And to be fair to her why would she? I've always said that as a fan, my main interest in her is the pop music she puts out. But if she's booking residencies in Vegas (or selling shows in other areas of the world too, I guess) for her jazz work and the tickets are selling out and there's bums on seats and money going into her bank account, why should she stop?

Like I said, everyone is obviously entitled to feel how they want to about anything she puts out, be it they love it or hate it. But I also think (unfortunately for some) there's going to be an element of jazz that will remain stapled into her career going forward.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Gerard141 said:

Yeah and in the promotional images for it she references the Joanne tour and BTW ball. Like whats that got to do with Harley Quinn and DC and Warner Bros 🤣 

This idea of it being a "passion project" doesn't help matters. It's one of the most highly anticipated movies of the year. There already is (or will be) an original soundtrack to suffice on the music front of the movie. If you're going to insist on releasing a companion album at least make it stand out and do something unique with it. 

The existence of this project is unique. She's taken decades old songs and turned them into bonafide Lady Gaga records, complete with transforming her vocal style to fit each songs different style. It's a literal companion to the movie and a spiritual companion to her character and how that has reflected in her own life. Happy Mistake is a clear reference to her career and its moving pieces, being addicted to fame, recognizing her faults and making a new light out of it (the same thesis of Chromatica) and she says that the character of Lee really helped her and hasn't left her, so she channeled it into this project. Stefani Germanotta has always been a student of theatre and classic standards and brought that to Gaga and if you can't see how a lot of us find that special and enjoy this project idk what to tell you. 

• Like 3

Anyway Gaga is living her best life with her 13 Grammys, Oscar, #1 global smash song at the moment, and engaged to a man who supports her artistry. How y'all "stans" doin

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, Aden said:

Having three albums of covers is enough. :rip:

Right!? Like at least choose good covers like Miley Cyrus. 

tbf Gaga used to have a knack for choosing good covers like the time she performed for Stevie wonder I think with the glittery silver wig (one of my favourite live performances of hers ever), or the one for the Obamas I think it was, or the European football opening thing, or three non blondes. 

• Thumbs Down 2

We just can't let this impact LG7. No more fighting as soon as she announces. :eli: 

If it gets sabotaged by everyone muting her account after playing the first 3 seconds of Good Morning, I'll throw things 

:monkey: 

https://headlineplanet.com/home/2024/09/27/gwen-stefani-lady-gaga-beabadoobee-confirmed-for-jimmy-kimmel-live-performances/

Lady Gaga will deliver two performances, taking the stage on October 1 and 2. Not simply booked as a performer, she will be the lead interviewee on October 1.

Happy Mistakes and DWAS? omg we won

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Aden said:

As much as I love Harlequin, I hope this is the last covers project she does in a long time (if not ever).

Having three albums of covers is enough. :rip: I don't hope it's her last jazz album, though. I think with enough effort, she would put out a brilliant original jazz album.

Honestly, I was caught off guard by this album. Her marketing strategy was tricky. With the crazy visuals and the snippets that hid what the album really was. 
BUT I'll take a Gaga cover album rather than no album. When I see Barbra Streisand's discography, I am amazed by how many albums she put out. Gaga needs more albums, and if that means more cover albums, so be it. She can do both pop albums and jazz covers. They can belong together. After C2C she threatened to release a jazz album in between every pop album 

It is also kind of funny that she tricked the dark bawps crew into listening to jazz covers 

• Like 1

I went to pet my kitty while listening to 'Close to you' and 'That's Life' and in the meantime wow this thread got 3 new pages ! Happy to see our base so active today :heart:

Edited by verthigo
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, LadyGagaChina said:

https://headlineplanet.com/home/2024/09/27/gwen-stefani-lady-gaga-beabadoobee-confirmed-for-jimmy-kimmel-live-performances/

Lady Gaga will deliver two performances, taking the stage on October 1 and 2. Not simply booked as a performer, she will be the lead interviewee on October 1.

Happy Mistakes and DWAS? omg we won

Joker first night to push the album/film sale and DWAS so it'll have impact on the next tracking week when DWAS is fighting for #1.

Her team is literally doing all the right things, too bad the public doesn't respond well to this project. But this give me the confidence that LG7's roll out will be very good, so liddos can/t blame them when it fails.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Edu said:

i would be surprised if she did dwas

i'm betting on happy mistake and the joker aka the two songs being pushed rn

DWAS is pushing for #1 in 4th October honey, the fact they booked two performance for her is a clear sign they're gonna make her perform DWAS.

9 minutes ago, Jack! said:

her saying basically "I'm not going to stop doing this sort of music, even if you don't like it"

I think it's less to do with genre and more to do with the albums just not good. I paid to go see her jazz show in Perugia Italy with Tony Bennett which was amazing - in part because the song choices were good. The issue I have with harlequin is primarily bad song choices. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.