• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Infernal Paradise

• Almodusa

• Artur

• hausofbryan

Just now, TeemoR said:

I just need her to release a 90+ Metacritic score this year. I need a BRAT level album from her, she has the talent. 

What does an aggregate score on a random site that never catalogues every review of an album and even includes some that negatively affect its score for superfluous reasons (Born This Way's 0 on MC) do for you personally? Genuinely don't understand this mindset at all and the way some of you engage with media :fan:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

So one second you're a long time fan of DC and now you don't know anything about the most highly publicized film release of the year. This is so unserious :ahh:

sorry for not knowing the plot of the movie before it premieres lol

i have been avoiding spoilers like the plague so yeah i know only what the trailers have shown us

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lgaga1fan said:

What does an aggregate score on a random site that never catalogues every review of an album and even includes some that negatively affect its score for superfluous reasons (Born This Way's 0 on MC) do for you personally? Genuinely don't understand this mindset at all and the way some of you engage with media :fan:

I mean whatever, if not a 90+ score at least match BRAT's quality, that's my point. 

• Thumbs Down 1

I feel like the fame monster if released today would've had brat level acclaim 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Denim said:

oh 100%

in the era of poptism tfm would score 90+

The way she posted that lg7 lead single in october because she knew we wouldnt be happy with this jazzie album

Just now, Denim said:

Safe to just add 10 points to all of Gaga's releases pre-Chromatica. Except maybe Joanne but it would still probably cleared 70 on metacritic if poptimism was a thing in 2016. 

1 minute ago, Denim said:

Absolutely. 

Just now, buzzkill said:

I just want to hear pop music. She's done two jazz album in a row, so cmon

this

she first introduced herself as a pop artist that would never quit the pop genre so to see some ppl in this thread being so angry at the idea of fans wanting to hear pop music from her is crazy

• Like 3

Ppl are really not happy about this huh :suburban:im surpised the reviews are this bad, im not saying i was sure it will be acclaimed but was not expeting high 60s score. i mean it is a second jazz album in a row so i get it. I think the reception would have been less negative if we already had lg7.

Edited by Kimi
  • Like 1

Yeah, 3 "traditional pop" albums is more than enough, hihihi. :suburban:

Good thing we'll get a dahrk bawp in a few weeks.

Edited by Bad News
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Edu said:

this

she first introduced herself as a pop artist that would never quit the pop genre so to see some ppl in this thread being so angry at the idea of fans wanting to hear pop music from her is crazy

We got Pop music from her last month. And we're getting more pop music from her next month :coffee2:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Edu said:

this

she first introduced herself as a pop artist that would never quit the pop genre so to see some ppl in this thread being so angry at the idea of fans wanting to *ALWAYS* hear pop music from her is crazy

Didn't she just release the biggest pop song globally or am I dreaming? Maybe not electric pop but still pop nonetheless.

31 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

this is a "companion album" to the movie and her characer, Lee

Yeah and in the promotional images for it she references the Joanne tour and BTW ball. Like whats that got to do with Harley Quinn and DC and Warner Bros 🤣 

This idea of it being a "passion project" doesn't help matters. It's one of the most highly anticipated movies of the year. There already is (or will be) an original soundtrack to suffice on the music front of the movie. If you're going to insist on releasing a companion album at least make it stand out and do something unique with it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TeemoR said:

I mean whatever, if not a 90+ score at least match BRAT's quality, that's my point. 

Brat's reception is completely different and you can't really expect an artist like Gaga who has been made fun of and discounted for years to receive the same acclaim as an underdog like Charli who delivered a record that's both forward thinking and accessible. All of Gaga's records show different sides of her and I'm expecting this next to do the same and she really seems free in her process and fully devoted to it again (she executive produced Harlequin and the arrangements are wholly original). I don't see any reason to expect that LG7 wont be a great time for us as fans from her performance quality drastically improving between The Chromatica Ball (peak popstar performance) and Jazz & Piano, and from her clear commitment and enjoyment in making music again. Chromatica came from a broken spirit finding the light again and LG7 is coming from a healed place that can see the beauty in darkness, so I'm expecting one of her best records to come. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Denim said:

Yes. But also, TFM was huge, I was going to say "probably" but no… Definitely bigger than BRAT… 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Album Leak said:

I will pray for ya'lls sanity when LG7 lead isn't the acclaimed smash dark bawp you expect it to be. :suburban:

Acclaimed smash and dark bawp in one sentence?

:ryan3:

1 minute ago, Tovitov said:

We got Pop music from her last month. And we're getting more pop music from her next month :coffee2:

and?

by the end of 2024 we will have only two pop songs and an entire jazz album

1 minute ago, Album Leak said:

I will pray for ya'lls sanity when LG7 lead isn't the acclaimed smash dark bawp you expect it to be. :suburban:

Looking forward to Stupid Love's somewhat darker sister in a few weeks 

:ryan3:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bamboo said:

Same :rip: Most of mine got through two tracks and stopped

Same. :deadbanana4: One of my besties even texted me about not checking this out when the Harlequin news dropped because it was Joker related. :rip:

Honestly, it's kinda amazing that Gaga is still doing those kind of numbers when she's doing all the things that the gays hate: bro-ey heterosexual comic book film adaptations and vocal jazz music after she made us listen to her take on country music for 2 eras in a row with Joanne and ASIB. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.