Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

12 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

Voters vote for what they like. Anyone who has Gaga as their #1 performance in her category isn't going to not vote for her because she has music out. 

It's not about not voting for her because she has music out; it's about Hollywood thinking "Oh, she's great, but poor Amy Adams, she's never won. Well, Gaga is good, but she's more focused on her music career right now. Gaga will probably win in the music categories, so I can give my vote to Amy." 

I simplified it enormously, but Hollywood, even if they like something, is more methodical about its votes than just "I like that."

Jamie Lee Curtis/Angela Bassett is a recent example.

• Like 3

• Replies 165k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

3 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

The Weeknd just teased his comeback or sumn. Not saying that it has anything to do with Gaga. But where did the rumours of a collab with the Weeknd come from? Was it a legit source?

An insider on Reddit (dont know who) said in February that the two were in the studio in Malibu, and on the same day The Weeknd posted a photo of Prince on his instagram stories

spacer.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chaos Angel said:

. For ex, someone who saw Joker and goes to stream the OST would realize that Gaga has a new album out and may check it out as a result.

The potential audience for a full jazz soundtrack may be limited to a niche group of enthusiasts. It's more likely to happen starting with LG7 -> Joker.

And then immediately going back to LG7 after the first song of the soundtrack ends :suburban:

This rumour of Gaga + The Weeknd its so real for me... Deuxmoi posted about the meet with Gaga and Gesaffelstein in January, and then in February this reddit insider said that they are in studio and then on the same day the weeknd posted a prince photo on ig... at least this timeline and the sources seems reliable.

• Like 2

But what does Prince have anything to do with Gaga yall?

10 minutes ago, ToniGaga96 said:

It's not about not voting for her because she has music out; it's about Hollywood thinking "Oh, she's great, but poor Amy Adams, she's never won. Well, Gaga is good, but she's more focused on her music career right now. Gaga will probably win in the music categories, so I can give my vote to Amy." 

I simplified it enormously, but Hollywood, even if they like something, is more methodical about its votes than just "I like that."

I have Amy out front to win rn, but I disagree in regards to them actually caring about her having an album out. "She's focused on her music career" is very much stan thinking imo. Oscar/awards voters don't really think like that. Honestly, it kinda gives them too much credit ddddd :rip:

If Amy's narrative takes priority, it will be because of Amy's long career alone, not at all because Gaga released an album. I honestly can't think of a time something like that has actually happened in recent Oscar memory. The only time things outside of film end up affecting narratives much at all are scandals and really bad buzz.

If anything, if she does release LG7 and it ends up being a big album and/or especially acclaimed, it could help build the narrative that Gaga's having a banner year and its the right moment and role to reward her.

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, ToniGaga96 said:

Yes. I kinda agree. Oscars voters have always kinda been about narratives, not necessarily the best performance.

• Like 1

Just now, EnigmaticAndroid said:

I have Amy out front to win rn, but I disagree in regards to them actually caring about her having an album out. "She's focused on her music career" is very much stan thinking imo. Oscar/awards voters don't really think like that. Honestly, it kinda gives them too much credit ddddd :rip:

If Amy's narrative takes priority, it will be because of Amy's long career alone, not at all because Gaga released an album. I honestly can't think ofna time something like that has actually happened in recent Oscar memroy.

If anything, if she does release LG7 and it ends up being a big album and/or especially acclaimed, it could help build the narrative that Gaga's having a banner year and its the right moment and role to reward her.

But you are also have a point here. It really could go either way. The thing is we havent seen the acting performances and dont know if LG7 is a success or not. If it flops, it doesnt do her any favour tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

spacer.png

For the love of God, just fire this abhorrent, abusive, TALENTLESS RAT already Gar PLEASE :deadbanana2::deadbanana2: :deadbanana4: 

It's giving

Dog Butt GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 5

Xtino who has been reliable also said Gaga worked with The Weeknd & Gesaffelstein

The Weeknd & Peggy Gou seem to be the most promising collab rumors thus far so we'll see

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

spacer.png

For the love of God, just fire this abhorrent, abusive, TALENTLESS RAT already Gar PLEASE :deadbanana2::deadbanana2: :deadbanana4: 

Lady Gaga Dull GIF

• Haha 3

I must be the only person in this fanbase that wants Richy to stay. The dancers are mad that he worked them too hard? Sorry, but that's what it's like when you're at the top of your industry. Like Gaga always says, "this is hard work." Some people think that they should be coddled and babied. There are already enough lazy people on Gar's team, why try to get rid of the one that actually has a work ethic?

And Jojo Siwa would be FORGOTTEN if that dance didn't go MEGA viral. We would be extremely lucky if LG7 had a dance that got that much attention.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Thumbs Down 9

10 minutes ago, TheHanyo said:

MV5BM2JjNDFjNDEtZmVlNy00MGMyLWFhZTAtNjVm

Did Gaga post this pic? If she did then yeh ..... it might be real this time :jonny6:

20 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

If Amy's narrative takes priority, it will be because of Amy's long career alone, not at all because Gaga released an album. I honestly can't think of a time something like that has actually happened in recent Oscar memory. The only time things outside of film end up affecting narratives much at all are scandals and really bad buzz.

I respect you pov, but I have a different opinion. Let's agree to disagree :hug:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Did Gaga post this pic? If she did then yeh ..... it might be real this time :jonny6:

babe, EVERYTHING Gaga did in the photos that she posted in studio and on the coments on tiktok that she made about lg7, was in reference to Prince :gaycat4:

Edited by shadowfred
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

Amy Adams winning over Gaga would be such a kii because they both respectively hold records for being snubbed at the Oscars even with all pre-cursors checked off, with Amy being for the Supporting Actress category.

Gaga also has her historic snub to ride on but Amy has gone longer without being awarded. Even if Amy wins, the momentum for Gaga will just continue building and building with each film role. Gaga has proven herself as a serious actress and has probably secured her win somewhere out in a universe that doesn't exist yet. It's just a matter of when the Academy feels is the right time to award her.

History rhymes and she's arguably positioned herself the best among her contemporaries to win a Best Actress Oscar a la Cher and Barbra.

Edited by Aden
  • Like 3

Last Three Best Actress:

Jessica in Tammy Faye

Yeoh in EEAO (sorry that title is so confusing)

Stone in Poor Things.

All led by female and crazy performances. Lee fit the crazy performance criteria but J:FAD has a male co-lead. This is just one thing, Gaga will have several others thing going against her. And other contenders will have several things going against them as well.

Winning Oscars is hard, and it won't boil down to if Gaga releases music or not. There will be much bigger things into plays if she did or didn't end up winning.  

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

Have their been test screening for nightbitch, I am lowkey surprised at people switching from laughing at story to having Amy in their predictions.

Although role does seem like something Oscars would prefer if lands well with critics

20 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

No, but she posted all sorts of purple-color photos in the studio and they had a giant photo of Prince on the wall. Add The Weeknd posting, and add the fact that Prince also released a pop companion album to a Batman movie, and it starts to become pretty overwhelming evidence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

that richy gif is making my skin crawl. His choreographies SUCK, especially when compared to the work Laurieanne did (which is why they still use her work)

I'm so glad he blocked me on twitter because that means he saw my tweet (not even tagging him) that he is the worst choreographer in the business

:suburban:

• Haha 8

43 minutes ago, TheHanyo said:

I must be the only person in this fanbase that wants Richy to stay. The dancers are mad that he worked them too hard? Sorry, but that's what it's like when you're at the top of your industry. Like Gaga always says, "this is hard work." Some people think that they should be coddled and babied. There are already enough lazy people on Gar's team, why try to get rid of the one that actually has a work ethic?

And Jojo Siwa would be FORGOTTEN if that dance didn't go MEGA viral. We would be extremely lucky if LG7 had a dance that got that much attention.

L after L here 

anime-girl.gif

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.